100 Birthday Quotes | Happy Birthday, My Friend!
It’s your friend’s birthday, and birthdays are certainly important. Thus, you want to post the right words on his or her social media page. Or you wish to send that person the right text message to create a heartfelt moment. However, wishing can be challenging. How do you find those right words? After all, you may have shared a great many birthday messages in the past. How do you keep from repeating yourself over and over again?
Hopefully, the collection of messages below, arranged in several categories, will give you some new ideas and some inspiration. In the end, the perfect sentiment can be as gratifying as any birthday present.
- 1 Happy Birthday, Dear Friend
- 2 Happy Birthday, Old Friend
- 3 Inspirational Birthday Quotes for Friends
- 4 Happy Birthday for a Friend Far Away
- 5 What to Write in a Birthday Card for a Friend
- 6 Birthday Sayings for Friends
- 7 Happy Birthday, Sweet Friend
- 8 “Happy Birthday” Short Quotes for a Friend
- 9 Happy Birthday Paragraph for a Friend
- 10 “Happy Birthday, Friend!” Images
Happy Birthday, Dear Friend
These thoughts should work well for a close friend, if not necessarily your best friend.
- Happy birthday to a person who makes so many other people happy throughout the year — and I’m definitely one of them!
- It’s a cliche to say someone keeps getting better with age. But, in your case, it’s also the absolute truth. Have a birthday for the ages!
- The year ahead is sure to contain new adventures, new discoveries, and a lot of surprises. I can’t wait to share the journey with you every step of the way.
- I hope you receive lots of great gifts this year. And know that being your friend is one of the greatest gifts that I’ve ever received.
- I hope all of your birthday wishes come true. And if they do, please wish a million dollars for me next year!
- You have something in common with your birthday candles: You light up a room. And you have something in common with your cake: You’re as sweet as could be!
- This year I’m sending you plenty of warm thoughts and smiles. It’s cheaper than sending you a new car.
- What do wine, pizza, chocolate, and you have in common? I wouldn’t want to live without any of them! Have the best of birthdays, my friend.
- Posting on social media is better than sending a birthday card. No one’s disappointed finding out there’s no cash. Anyway, have a terrific birthday!
- This morning, I woke up with a song in my heart. And then I realized why: It’s your birthday! Have an excellent one.
- I know you’re getting tons of social media posts today, so I’ll keep mine as short and simple as I can: I love you.
Happy Birthday, Old Friend
Here are some touching thoughts for those who go way back: childhood friends, old classmates, longtime colleagues, and so forth.
- Do you remember the day we met? I don’t. All I know is this: At some point we became friends, and then we became inseparable. On your birthday, remembering the times I’ve spent with you fills me with delight.
- I wish you all the love in the world on your birthday — oh, and a new coffeemaker as well!
- Am I thinking about you today because it’s your birthday? Actually, I’m not. I’d be thinking about you today even if it wasn’t your birthday. Have a good one anyway!
- When I look back on the most joyous days of my life, they usually have one thing in common: You were a part of them. Happy birthday, my friend!
- Sure, we go back many years and many birthdays. However, I’m confident that, for the two of us, the best is still ahead.
- A birthday is a time of renewal, a time of hope, and a time to hear from those who love you. In fact, whenever I’m with you, I feel like it’s my birthday.
- You’ve always been a rock to me: kind, dependable, smart, funny, and willing to lend a sympathetic ear. I’m so fortunate to call you my friend — and so fortunate I can call you on the phone. Happy, happy birthday!
- I love being Robin to your Batman, Chewbacca to your Han Solo, and Silver to your Lone Ranger. Let’s keep this awesome partnership going for a long time, my super birthday friend!
- You know me: I never need an excuse to party. But, in honor of you and your birthday, I’m ready to party extra hard today.
- The day of your birth is definitely a day worth celebrating. I’m so thankful to know you, and I wouldn’t want to live my life without you.
- There are two days that I’m especially grateful for: the day you were born and the day we first met. Today, I’m celebrating them both!
Inspirational Birthday Quotes for Friends
If you want to give someone motivation and reassurance, you won’t go wrong with the following lines.
- No one knows what the year ahead will bring. But here’s hoping that every new day will give you at least a few reasons to smile. Have a great birthday.
- I hope your birthday is happy, and I hope you have many, many happy birthdays after that. Thank you for being such a great friend and such a great person!
- Birthdays come and go — and lately, it seems like they come and go faster and faster. Yet, through it all, our friendship endures and grows ever more beautiful, just like you.
- It’s not the years that matter; it’s the happy moments. Here’s wishing you a great many more of them.
- Yes, we all get older, but we don’t all do so with as much style and grace as you. Rock on, birthday pal!
- Every year that passes is an accomplishment and a triumph, and I’m so glad you’ve scored another victory.
- You’ve always been a kind, thoughtful, and caring person. You’ve always made everyone’s life better. And I’m so blessed that you’ve always been my friend.
- You’re always thinking of others before yourself. Today, let everyone else do nice things for you. And be aware of how treasured you really are.
- When I stop to think about the happiest events of my life, I realize that you made so many of them happier just by being there. And here’s the most exciting thing of all: We’re just getting started! Happy b’day.
- Whenever I want to do the right thing or be a better person, I just have to ask myself: What would you do? Thank you for setting a fantastic example and for just being you, and have an outstanding birthday.
- Here on social media, I raise a digital glass to you and offer a virtual toast: You are selfless, priceless, and flawless, and I’m honored to know you.
Happy Birthday for a Friend Far Away
You can shorten the miles with these birthday greetings.
- The bad news: I’m far away from you on your birthday. The good news: True friendships like ours know no distance. Have an outstanding day!
- Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Until then, I hope this post brings you a little extra birthday cheer.
- If your birthday is even half as sweet and fun as you are, you’re going to have one awesome day!
- I wish I could be there for your big day. Just know that I’ll be thinking of you and wishing you the best today and all through the year.
- Hope you’re spending your birthday with the people you love the most — minus me, of course!
- Hey, look on the bright side: You’ll never be this young again. Well, maybe that’s not the bright side, but happy birthday anyway!
- I wish I could be there in person to celebrate your special day with you. But, while the distance may physically separate us, it can’t make me feel any less close to you.
- A quiet night at home? A wild party that rages on into the night? Whatever your plans might be, I hope you have a day you’ll long remember, one that’ll remind you how special you are.
- Given how far apart we are, you’re obligated to post as many social media photos of your birthday party as humanly possible. Have an outstanding day, my friend!
- Thank goodness for phone calls, text messages, social media, and fond memories. They help me forget how far away you are. I’m eagerly awaiting our next visit, and I’m wishing you the most joyful birthday of all time.
- Who says we have a long-distance friendship? I’m with you in spirit, and you’re right here in my heart. Enjoy your day!
What to Write in a Birthday Card for a Friend
If you love the old-fashioned personal touch of a birthday card, here are a few shorter messages that will look great in your own handwriting.
- I hope you’ve just had the best year ever. And I hope this year is even better than that!
- On your birthday and on every day, may fortune smile on you from sunrise to sunset.
- May your birthday gifts include health, love, and fulfillment. Here’s to you, my friend!
- Have I ever told you that I love you? On your birthday, it’s worth repeating.
- Where would I be without you? I don’t want to think about it. Instead, let me offer my warmest birthday wishes.
- On your birthday and every day, I’m so proud to be your friend.
- Thanks for always being there for me, and know that I’m always here for you.
- You’re the best, and you deserve nothing but the best on your big day.
- I hope you know how appreciated you are. It’s impossible to put into words.
- This is your day — make it wild, and do whatever you want. Love ya!
- Here’s a good idea: Let’s be friends forever. Happy birthday!
Birthday Sayings for Friends
Here we present some ideas that are based on time-honored, tried-and-true birthday sentiments.
- If wisdom comes with age, I’d say we’re both getting to be pretty darn wise. Happy birthday to my fellow sage!
- Hope today gives you the biggest piece of cake, the most enormous presents, and the most fun times you can imagine. You deserve all of that and more.
- You’re forever young and forever fun. Gee, it’s no wonder we’re friends: We’re so much alike. The happiest of birthdays to you!
- You don’t need any birthday candles; you’re already on fire. Have a great one!
- May all your birthday wishes come true this year — and may you receive a few wishes you didn’t even think of!
- On this day, I hope you pause and think about all the people who love, respect, admire, and cherish you. Of course, that’ll take you a long time!
- With each new year come new things to be thankful for. Hope you’ve got a gratitude-filled day ahead of you. You’re the greatest.
- Is it just me, or do you get smarter and more incredible each year? Someday, I’ll figure out how you do it. Until then, enjoy your birthday.
- When it’s your birthday, you get to be king/queen for the day. Long may you reign.
- Always remember that age is just a number. At this point, it might be a really big number, but at least you’re getting cake.
Happy Birthday, Sweet Friend
- You are the one thing in my life that is always positive, bright, and worth keeping close. Happy birthday to you, sweet friend, you are my inspiration and savior.
- The world can be a big scary place, but don’t worry because no matter where you are I will always find you: because that’s what friends do. Happy birthday, sweet friend. I love you forever.
- We have been friends for as long as I can remember. Although we have had our ups and downs, there is no other person I trust more in the world.
- Let me take the reins on this one so that you can sit back and relax on your birthday. No friend deserves it more!
- It’s about time you got to this age! Now we can do all the things we have always planned together. If you didn’t know better you’d think we were married.
- To the world’s best friend on the planet, from the world’s luckiest bloke who somehow managed to find you.
- They say the best things in life take time to achieve, but as soon as you came into my life, everything became so much better right away. To the best friend a girl could pray for.
- Some people live for money, others live for women and many live for food. You always gave me the impression you live for a bit of all three, and in this way it is my ambition to copy you. Have a great one!
- If distance should ever separate us, know that we won’t really be apart if we always keep each other in our hearts. My heart is yours forever, my sweet friend, happy birthday.
- Today is my favorite day of the year because I get to celebrate it with you. Wishing a happy birthday to someone who deserves a day of love, laughter, and best wishes. I love you lots and wish you all the happiness life has to offer.
- Best friends that are true are like diamonds- they are rare, once in a lifetime, and priceless. Thanks for being my diamond to cherish forever. Wishing you the most blessed, happiest birthday yet.
- I bet you can’t wait to tear into the gifts we all got you, just keep in mind the golden rule: The person who gets you the biggest one loves you the most.
- When people ask your age they will be shocked when you respond. It is your baby face good looks that have made me incredibly jealous of you for so many years now. However to make myself feel better, I just imagine you at 30 and being hit on by loads of teenagers. Good luck!
- We don’t share the same parents but at times it really feels like we are close enough to be siblings. That’s why you shouldn’t be shocked when you open my gift this year. You should realize it’s what you deserve, and remember when it comes round to my birthday that what’s fair is fair.
- I’m one of those people that cares more about quality than quantity. So even if you are the only good friend I make for years to come, I know at least i’ve made one of the best friends of my life.
- Remember today is glorious for two reasons:
1. Free drinks
2. Birthday kisses
Enjoy them both and remember to always kiss and tell like a good boy.
“Happy Birthday” Short Quotes for a Friend
- At this time of year, your age is one year more than mine. That makes it my favorite part of the year!
- I had no idea what to get you this year, so you will have to settle with an IOU.
- Can’t wait to see your face when you realize my gift makes me a better friend than you are.
- If this is early or late, it’s because I forgot the right day.
- It takes two to tango. So hurry up and find a date so we can double up.
- I might not be around, but I’m still sending you love from where I am.
- It doesn’t take a genius to know what to get you on your birthday. So next year try losing the lists.
- If you have other friends that’s fine, just know I’m the best and I love you more.
- Your dreams are going to light the world on fire. Don’t forget to light your own candle and celebrate your birthday along the way. Happy birthday to the best friend ever!
- You are my sister from another mother. Thanks for all you do and all you are.
- You are my brother from another mother. Happy birthday to a truly great friend.
- Kudos to us for sharing a friendship that’s lasted this long.
- There’s no keeping secrets from you because you know me better than myself. Thank you for everything and have a very happy birthday.
- When it starts to rain I’ll be your umbrella. You’ve always been mine so today it’s my turn because it’s your birthday. Wishing you a joyous day, friend.
Happy Birthday Paragraph for a Friend
- A great friendship is sharing secrets, sharing food, sharing pet names, and sharing moments that make the best memories. After all, sharing is caring so I’m so glad I get to share another year with you as my best friend. Happy birthday to you!
- If I was Mickey you would be Minnie and if I was Pooh you would be Piglet. You’re the tick to my tock, the bounce in my step and the only one that can make me dance till my feet hurt. If I was Peter Pan you would be my Tinker Bell- for without our friendship there would be no magical fairy dust in my life. In other words, I would have no wings to fly. Happy birthday to you, thanks for being so amazing.
- When some people disappear in your life like clouds disappear from the sky, it’s no big deal. But with you it’s different- you’re not a cloud, you are my sunshine and rainbow and everything in-between. Thank you for making me laugh so hard I cry, for holding me when I need a long hug, and for sticking with me all this time. You’re the best friend in the world.
“Happy Birthday, Friend!” Images
You may also like: