51 Goodbye Messages When You (or a Colleague) Leave the Company
Looking for the perfect words to include in a card or message to say goodbye to a colleague of yours who is leaving the company?
Use our well-written messages to wish well to a coworker departing their post and let them know that you are happy for them.
Goodbye Message to Your Coworkers on Your Last Working Day
Saying goodbye to your coworkers on your last day at work is a one-time shot. To make sure that you express how you really feel as you move on to greener pastures, here are eight messages that will inspire the way you bid them farewell.
- All good things must come to an end. Working with you was both an honor and a privilege that I will take with me into this new chapter of my life.
- The things I’ve learned while working with are things that I’ll never forget. Thanks for being patient when it was needed and encouraging when things weren’t going my way. Those are moments I’ll never forget.
- Although it’s hard to say goodbye, I know for certain that the company is in good hands because of how great everybody here works together. If I could stay, I’d stay, but I’m being called into a new chapter of my life.
- The lessons I’ve learned here and the relationships I’ve developed have made a world of difference in my life. I owe that to all of the wonderful, knowledgeable and professional people in this company. I’ll take all of you with me on my next professional adventure.
- It’s hard to imagine waking up and not coming into this office to see all of your smiling faces. I’ll miss every single one of you.
- Moving on definitely isn’t easy. But right now it’s the right move for me. Instead of making this a sad occasion, let’s celebrate all the things we’ve accomplished together!
- The years I’ve spent in this organization have helped me grow both professionally and personally. I owe so much of that to every single one of you that I’ve worked with on a daily basis. I hope someday there’s a way for me to repay you all for everything you’ve done.
Funny Goodbye Messages to Your Coworkers
Perhaps you’re not the type to get all sappy when it’s your last day working for your company. In that case, some humor is probably in order.
- Working with you was good. Working with you was fun. But now I’m moving on. Thank God I’m finally done!
- There’s no way I could ever thank you enough for everything you’ve done for me. So I’m not even going to try. It would just give you a big head anyway!
- I actually never meant anything I ever said when I was complaining about working here. I literally loved every single minute. The boss just stepped out? Let me finally tell you what I REALLY think!
- I can’t believe how fast the time has gone by since my first day on the job here. It feels like it’s only been a few weeks. Wait, it has only been a few weeks. Man, that felt like a long time.
- You can’t imagine how much I value every single one of you. Now kindly stop following me on LinkedIn so that you don’t see what a trainwreck I’m about to be in my new position.
- I never really wanted to leave this company (silence).
- No matter how many times I tried to convince myself to stay, all I needed to do was think about each and every one of you and the answer became obvious!
- I’m scared to death. I’ll probably be back in a few weeks. Don’t fill my desk.
Goodbye Message to Your Boss on Your Last Working Day
Saying goodbye to your boss is a little more challenging. You definitely don’t want to burn any bridges with a poor taste in humor, but you don’t want to come across as too cliché either.
- It’s been a genuine pleasure working for you. I’ll take the lessons I’ve learned from you into the next phase of my life with a lot of gratefulness.
- I’ve been stubborn at times. I’ve been difficult to work with on some days. But at the end of the day, I had the highest respect for the way you managed. I hope my next manager is as patient and understanding as you’ve been.
- Leaving the company was a very difficult decision for me. One of the biggest reasons is that I so genuinely enjoyed working for you. Thank you for helping bring me to the next level in my career.
- Throughout my time here, your leadership has been a stabilizing force within our department. I owe a lot of my personal success to the way you’ve managed our team. There are lessons I’ve learned from you that I’ll never forget.
- Leaving my position is a gamble for me. One of the reasons is that you’re one of the best managers I’ve had the privilege of working for.
- You’ve helped make a very difficult job a lot more manageable. I know I haven’t always been the easiest person to manage, but you always knew that my heart was in the right place. Thank you for everything you’ve done.
- Thank you for helping me turn a job into a career. In a lot of ways, I owe this move to you. It’s not something I’ll forget anytime soon.
- Good luck finding someone that knows how to fill my shoes!
Goodbye to a Coworker Leaving the Company
- Frankly, I wish I could follow you to your new job. It feels so sad to know that we won’t be working together again. Wish you well in your new firm. Keep in touch. Goodbye!
- Before you leave, I wish to let you know that the best of times were the ones I spent with you here at work. I wish you the absolute best in your new and very exciting adventure. Farewell, my dear friend and colleague!
- Though you are out of our company, you still remain a cherished friend. You were such a wonderful addition to our team. Your absence will certainly be missed. Don’t forget to keep in touch with us. Bye!
- Dearest, I wish you nothing but the absolute best in all the endeavors of your life – especially in your new career. You were a very wonderful co-worker. Farewell!
- I wish you great success in your new position. I’m grateful to you for making every day here at the office a truly memorable one. I will tremendously miss your presence here at work.
- Farewell, dearest colleague. May good fortune follow you to your new workplace and be with you until the end of time.
- I wish I knew your new co-workers, so I can let them know how blessed they are to be having you as part of their team. Thank you for being a fabulous colleague to me. Goodbye.
- You are extremely supportive, dependable and encouraging. I have been blessed infinitely with your presence in my office. Keep up the wonderful works. Farewell, my dear.
- When it comes to patience, compassion and working hard, no one does it better than you do. I have really learnt a lot and feel ready to take up any task that comes my way. Farewell. And I hope you enjoy all the happiness in the world at your new company!
- I am certainly not happy that an amazing person like you is leaving this company. However, I take solace in the fact that I was blessed with the privilege to share the same office with an inspirational figure like you. Take care of yourself and try to stay in touch.
- As you depart to a new firm, it is my wish that you will achieve even more remarkable successes than you did when you were here with me. I will dearly miss you. Goodbye and stay blessed forever!
- Your leaving to join a new company in order to further your career and upgrade yourself is a great step forward, and I’m so proud of you. The only downside associated with your departure is the fact that I am going to miss all the fun we used to have.
- Goodbye, my dearest colleague! You are one of the best colleagues and friends I’ve ever had. Though we are going to be in different companies, our hearts will always be together.
- I have pictures and memories of you. However, they can’t bring to me the joy and inspiration your presence brings to me. I will miss you greatly!
- Here’s your sweet colleague wishing you the best of luck and success in your new company. Goodbye!
- As you leave us to continue your spectacular career with another organization, do know that I absolutely treasure every moment I spent working with you. The great memories you and I have woven together since we met will last forever.
- Wishing you all the best at your super exciting new job. It was indeed a great blessing to work with you.
- You’re certainly the most wonderful individuals I’ve worked with in any professional capacity I can think of. As you make your graceful exit from this company, I pray that your bright light will never stop shining and illuminating people’s lives.
- You made everything about the workplace utterly beautiful. There’s just one word that I can use to describe you. Phenomenal. I will miss you incredibly, my dear.
- Wishing you a better life and a brighter future ahead as you advance your career with a new company. I will miss you deeply, so make sure you stay in touch always. Goodbye, my dear colleague!
- Adios to a wonderful colleague and an even more wonderful friend. In my eyes, you’ll forever be a shining star. May the enviable position you have landed at your new place of employment bring you so much fulfillment and happiness.
- Our days of being amazing colleagues might be over, but our wonderful friendship will last for as long as the sun exists. May you experience countless moments of contentment and bliss in your new endeavor.
- Your departure is a huge blow to this company considering the fact that you were one of the company’s most valued assets. You shall be sorely missed, my friend.
- You have taught me a lot in my career, and I wish I can continue learning from you, but unfortunately, you have to go. I want to let you know that I owe a significant percentage of my success to you. You were indeed one of the most special people I have ever worked with. Adios, dear colleague and friend.
- One of the greatest pleasures of my life was the privilege of calling myself your colleague. May great things always come your way this new adventure you have embarked on.
- It’s with mixed feelings that I pen this farewell message to you. I’m excited that your career is advancing but at the same time, I’m feeling down because I know I’m going to totally miss your presence here at the office.
- I can’t even begin to tell you how grateful I am to you for your never-ending support and encouragement. May you find all your days at your new job incredibly joyful and fulfilling.
- To say that I have enjoyed working next to you all these years would be such a great understatement. Working with you was absolutely heavenly! Goodbye, dear colleague. I hope your new place of work brings you many successful moments.
- What a great colleague you have been to me! You’re a sea of inspiration whose presence at work I will greatly miss. I pray that success and happiness will always be your portion at your new workplace.
- You have influenced my life and career in a tremendously positive way, and I must say that I am sad to see you leave. But all the same I wish you an exceptionally happy time at your new and exciting place of employment. Adios, dear friend.
You may also like: