When it comes to saying goodbye to coworkers and colleagues, there are many emotions that can come into play. From the first day of orientation, you might have formed a bond that lasted through the years of hard work, late nights, and shared experiences. Saying farewell is never easy, but it doesn’t have to be difficult either. With the right farewell messages and goodbye quotes, you can make your farewell meaningful, memorable, and heartfelt.
This blog post is a collection of farewell messages and quotes to use when you’re ready to bid farewell. Whether you are working on a farewell speech for colleagues or writing a goodbye email to coworkers, this is the perfect resource to find meaningful farewell quotes and messages that will make leaving a little easier.
Table of Contents
- Why It Is Important To Say Farewell
- How To Say Goodbye To a Team On Your Last Working Day: 3 tips To Keep in Mind
- Short Goodbye Message Ideas for Teammates When Leaving the Company
- Heartfelt Goodbye Message to Coworkers on Your Last Working Day
- Funny Goodbye Quotes For Your Coworkers
- Goodbye Quotes to Inspire Your Colleagues Before You Leave
- Bonus Messages To Help You Craft The Perfect Farewell Note
- Farewell to an awesome Colleague: Goodbye Quotes for When They Are Leaving the company
- Writing the Right Words: Sample Emails for Saying Goodbye
Why It Is Important To Say Farewell
Saying goodbye is an important part of the transition when leaving a job or position. It’s a farewell gesture that acknowledges your appreciation for the job and the people you worked with. It also helps to create a positive relationship with your former employer and colleagues, which can be beneficial in future job searches.
Goodbye messages are a way to express gratitude and farewell wishes to those you worked with, while farewell quotes can be sentimental or humorous. They can be used as inspiration for messages or letters, or as a part of a farewell speech.
In addition, farewell messages can also be used as a way to reflect on your time at the company. They can allow you to look back on your time there, recognize the impact it had on you, and remember fond memories with colleagues. As these messages become more meaningful, they become a part of the farewell experience.
How To Say Goodbye To a Team On Your Last Working Day: 3 tips To Keep in Mind
These farewell tips can help you to make sure that your goodbye is an enjoyable and memorable experience for everyone. Saying goodbye to coworkers and colleagues can be bittersweet, but it’s important to make your farewell as positive and meaningful as possible.
Express your Gratitude
Start by expressing your gratitude for the opportunity to work with your colleagues and thank them for their support throughout your time at the company. Acknowledge special moments or experiences that you shared with the team and express your appreciation for the relationships you have built.
Remember to thank them for their patience in teaching you and helping you to learn do the job better. You can also take a lighthearted approach by sharing fun stories and humorous farewell quotes as you say goodbye.
Remain in Contact
End by expressing your hope that you can remain in contact with everyone, whether it be through email, social media, or a farewell party. This will provide closure and give everyone the chance to exchange contact information and make sure they don’t miss out on staying in touch with you.
Short Goodbye Message Ideas for Teammates When Leaving the Company
This section contains short goodbye quotes and messages that you can use when you are saying goodbye to co-workers or colleagues at your workplace. Whatever farewell message you choose, make sure it is one that reflects your relationship with the co-workers or colleagues and that it conveys your feelings accurately when moving on to a new job. Mix and match any of them to craft the perfect goodbye card.
- It’s been a pleasure working with you! I wish you all the success in the world as you continue on your career path. Goodbye, and take care!
- May good luck follow you wherever you go! Best wishes for future success. Goodbye and farewell!
- Don’t ever forget that every goodbye is followed by a new hello. I wish you nothing but the best in all future endeavors!
- It’s time for me to move on to my new position, but before I do I want to thank you for your friendship and support. Good luck and goodbye!
- I’m moving on in life and leaving this job behind, but I’m taking your kind words and support with me. Goodbye!
- It’s been an honor and a privilege to be part of this team. Best wishes, I’m going to miss you all!
- It has been a pleasure to work with all of you and I will miss the amazing team dynamic that we have had here. Moving forward, I wish you nothing but success and happiness in your next adventure! I’m going to miss you!
- Goodbye to my best friend and colleague! As I move on to my next job, I want to thank you for making this an amazing and fun place to work.
Heartfelt Goodbye Message to Coworkers on Your Last Working Day
Saying goodbye to your coworkers on your last day at work is a one-time shot. To make sure that you express how you really feel as you move on to greener pastures, here are some farewell notes that will inspire the way you bid them goodbye.
- It’s hard to imagine waking up and not coming into this office to see all of your smiling faces. I’ll miss every single one of you.
- All good things must come to an end. Working with you was both an honor and a privilege that I will take with me into this new chapter of my life.
- The things I’ve learned while working with you are things that I’ll never forget. Thanks for being patient when it was needed and encouraging when things weren’t going my way. Those are moments I’ll never forget.
- Although it’s hard to say goodbye, I know for certain that the company is in good hands because of how great everybody here works together. If I could stay, I’d stay, but I’m being called into a new chapter of my life.
- It has been an honor to be a part of this team and I want to thank everyone for their help and support. It was especially nice to have such a helpful coworker in the office and I would like to commend everyone on their hard work ethic. Goodbye and best wishes!
- The lessons I’ve learned here and the relationships I’ve developed have made a world of difference in my life. I owe that to all of the wonderful, knowledgeable and professional people in this company. I’ll take all of you with me on my next professional adventure.
- Moving on definitely isn’t easy. But right now, working at a new company is the right move for me. Instead of making this a sad occasion, let’s celebrate all the things we’ve accomplished together and wish for a successful future ahead!
- The years I’ve spent in this organization have helped me grow both professionally and personally. I owe so much of that to every single one of you that I’ve worked with on a daily basis. I hope someday there’s a way for me to repay you all for everything you’ve done.
- Farewell to my colleagues and coworkers! As I leave this company, I’m filled with excitement for my new job and the next phase of my life. It has been an honor to work with all of you and I’ll never forget the good times and hard work we’ve shared. Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors. Goodbye and good luck!
Funny Goodbye Quotes For Your Coworkers
Perhaps you’re not the type to get all sappy when it’s your last day working for your company. In that case, some humor is probably in order.
- I’m scared to death. I’ll probably be back in a few weeks. Don’t fill my desk.
- Working with you was good. Working with you was fun. But now I’m moving on. Thank God I’m finally done!
- Good luck finding someone that knows how to fill my shoes!
- There’s no way I could ever thank you enough for everything you’ve done for me. So I’m not even going to try. It would just give you a big head anyway!
- I actually never meant anything I ever said when I was complaining about working here. I literally loved every single minute. The boss just stepped out? Let me finally tell you what I REALLY think!
- I can’t believe how fast the time has gone by since my first day on the job here. It feels like it’s only been a few weeks. Wait, it has only been a few weeks. Man, that felt like a long time.
- You can’t imagine how much I value every single one of you. Now kindly stop following me on LinkedIn so that you don’t see what a trainwreck I’m about to be in my new position.
- I never really wanted to leave this company (silence).
- It’s been a pleasure working with you and I’ll miss having you around! Have a great life and good luck!
- No matter how many times I tried to convince myself to stay, all I needed to do was think about each and every one of you and the answer became obvious!
Goodbye Quotes to Inspire Your Colleagues Before You Leave
Saying goodbye to coworkers can be a difficult and emotional experience but it’s important to show your appreciation for their work, support, and friendship as you move on in life. Here is a collection of goodbye quotes that will inspire your colleagues before you leave the company. Take a few moments to reflect on your time together and use one, or more, of these quotes to share your gratitude. You may even find the perfect goodbye quote to leave a lasting impression before you go.
- How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. Winnie the Pooh
- A goodbye is never painful unless you’re never going to say hello again. Unknown
- Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends. Richard Bach
- Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end. Seneca
- You will find as you look back upon your life, that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love. Henry Drummond
- The goodbye that we take from one another always has a hint of eternity. Victor Hugo
- Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting. Peter Pan
- Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation. Rumi
- Parting is such sweet sorrow that I shall say goodbye till it be morrow. William Shakespeare
- We only part to meet again. John Gay
- It’s not the goodbye that hurts, but the flashbacks that follow. Unknown
- It’s so hard to say goodbye to yesterday. Boyz II Men
- Sometimes goodbye is the only way. Unknown
- Life has a way of moving on, and so should we. Just because goodbye is not forever, doesn’t mean it won’t hurt. Unknown
Bonus Messages To Help You Craft The Perfect Farewell Note
- It’s been a long and winding road, but it’s time to say farewell! Thank you for all your help and support along the way.
- Farewell, farewell! It’s been a blast but it’s time to go our separate ways. I’ll miss you lots!
- Thank you for all the memories, laughter, and tears! I’m sad to say farewell but grateful for the time we’ve had together!
- Time to go our separate ways and lock the door behind us! Thank you for everything, farewell!”
- It’s been an adventure, that’s for sure! I’m grateful for all the things we’ve experienced together and I wish you the best in all your future endeavors.
- Farewell to a work friend and mentor! Thank you for everything you’ve done for me, I’ll never forget it.
- Goodbye and farewell! You are a wonderful person and the best colleague one could ask for, thank you for all the laughs and hard work.
- Farewell to a great team member! I’ll miss you, but I know you’ll do great things in the future. All the best and good luck!
- It’s been an honor working with you! I’m sad to say goodbye, but wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
Farewell to an awesome Colleague: Goodbye Quotes for When They Are Leaving the company
It is difficult to say goodbye to a colleague who is leaving the company, but a farewell message can be a great way to express your gratitude and support as they start a new phase in their career. Here are some ideas to help you write the best farewell messages to a departing coworker:
- We hope you stay in touch and we look forward to hearing about your future successes. Good luck and take care!
- It has been great working with you these past years. Your enthusiasm and hard work have been an inspiration to us all. We are sad that you are decided to leave the company, but we wish you all the best in your next position. You will be greatly missed!
- As you move on to your next chapter, I want to take a moment and say farewell. It’s been an absolute pleasure working with you over the past few years, and I’m sure you will go on to have a bright future ahead. Thank you for everything; your positive attitude has truly made a difference to the team. All the best!
- It’s hard to say goodbye to a great friend like you! We’ve had many great memories here, and I’m sure you will make many more at your new company. I’m sad to see you go, but excited to hear about all the incredible things you’ll achieve in your next endeavor. Thank you for being a wonderful colleague and great friend, best of luck!
- It has been great working with you. I wish you the best of luck in your new challenge and may you continue to move forward and achieve even greater success. Goodbye and farewell, dear colleague!
- We are sad to see you go, but we know great things await you in your new job. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication. We wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors! All the best wishes.
- Farewell to my colleague! As you embark on your new job and professional life, know that I wish you all the best. I am grateful for all the times we have spent together and will miss our conversations and working side by side. Remember that no goodbye is ever goodbye; if ever you need a friend or a helping hand, I’m here. All the best!
Writing the Right Words: Sample Emails for Saying Goodbye
Writing farewell emails that are both heartfelt and professional can be difficult. After all, you don’t want to be too formal or too casual in your farewell message to your coworkers and colleagues.
Whether you’re departing the company for a new job, or taking an extended break from work, it’s important to take the time and say goodbye in just the right way. Here are some farewell letter examples to help you do just that.
A Farewell Email when Leaving the Company
As some of you may already know, I am stepping down from my role at the company to pursue an exciting opportunity. As I start my new journey, I want to take a moment and thank you for the amazing experience I have had at this company.
I appreciate all of the knowledge and opportunities that I have gained over the years. I am thankful for all the guidance, friendships, advice, and support that you have shown me.
It has been an honor and privilege to work with you. I will cherish the time we have spent together.
Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors.
Good luck and farewell!
A Goodbye Email Expressing Bittersweet Emotions
Dear Colleagues and Coworkers,
It is with bittersweet emotions that I write to say goodbye. As you all know, I have recently accepted a dream job at another company and will be embarking on a new adventure soon.
I wanted to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for the time we have spent together over the past few years. I am so lucky to have worked with such awesome colleagues and I appreciate the lessons, experiences and sweet memories we have shared.
I wish you all continued success in your work life and personal lives. I hope that our paths will cross one day in the future.
Wishing all the best and exciting times ahead!
If you like this post, Pin it to save it for later!
You may also like: