Authors, politicians, playwrights, poets, actors and pop stars have all made their reference to the celebration of one’s birthday, often joking about age, and other times philosophizing about the concept of time and life itself. Use any of these famous birthday quotes to get inspired.
Giving birthday wishes shows that you care about the person who is celebrating their own special holiday. Make their day and show someone special in your life how much you love and care for them with a cute birthday card. Even if today we have gone past the habit of sending an actual birthday card, they will surely appreciate the gesture and they’ll be happy to receive digital birthday greetings.
Table of Contents
- Why Share Famous Birthday Quotes in the first place?
- Short Famous Birthday Quotes To Include In Cards and Messages
- Funny Famous Birthday Quotes
- Inspirational Famous Birthday Quotes
Why Share Famous Birthday Quotes in the first place?
Birthdays are special occasions that celebrate another year of life and mark milestones in our journey. Sharing famous birthday quotes adds an extra touch of meaning and inspiration to the festivities. Here’s why you might consider incorporating famous birthday quotes into your celebrations:
Famous birthday quotes are often attributed to well-known individuals who have made significant contributions in various fields, such as literature, art, or entertainment. These quotes have a universal appeal that transcends age, culture, and background, making them relatable and impactful for everyone.
Wisdom and Insight
Famous quotes often contain profound wisdom and insight. They capture the essence of life, aging, and personal growth, providing thought-provoking messages that can spark introspection and reflection. Sharing these quotes allows us to engage in deeper conversations and contemplate the significance of birthdays in our lives.
Honoring the Celebrant
By selecting and sharing a meaningful birthday quote, you demonstrate your thoughtfulness and appreciation for the birthday celebrant. It shows that you’ve taken the time to find words that resonate with their personality, values, or aspirations. It’s a way to honor and celebrate their uniqueness.
Sometimes, it can be challenging to find the right words to express our emotions and well wishes on someone’s birthday. Famous birthday quotes offer eloquent expressions of joy, love, and admiration. They serve as a conduit for conveying heartfelt sentiments and making the birthday person feel cherished and loved.
Inspiring and Motivating
Famous birthday quotes often carry messages of inspiration, motivation, and encouragement. They can uplift spirits, ignite passions, and inspire personal growth. Sharing these quotes on birthdays can serve as a source of inspiration for the celebrant and those around them, empowering them to embrace the journey ahead.
Famous birthday quotes have the power to create a sense of communal connection and shared experiences. By sharing these quotes, you invite others to join in the celebration, fostering a collective bond and reminding everyone that birthdays are an opportunity to come together and celebrate life.
Incorporating famous birthday quotes into your birthday celebrations adds depth, meaning, and inspiration to the joyous occasion. Whether it’s a heartfelt message, a humorous remark, or a profound insight, these quotes have the ability to make birthdays even more memorable and impactful for both the celebrant and those who share in the festivities.
Short Famous Birthday Quotes To Include In Cards and Messages
You can make any birthday wish better if you just add the right famous birthday quote for extra inspiration and wisdom. Show friends, family and loved ones that you care and take their day from great to amazing with words that will make them feel appreciated. Short and sweet but oh so meaningful- you’re gonna love our collection below.
- You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. Mae West
- Keep true to the dream of thy youth. Friedrich Von Schiller
- We turn not older with years but newer every day. Emily Dickinson
- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? Satchel Paige
- The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age. Lucille Ball
- Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears. John Lennon
- Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more. Mother Teresa
- There is still no cure for the common birthday. John Glenn
- Those whom the gods love grow young. Oscar Wilde
- The way I see it, you should live everyday like its your birthday. Paris Hilton
- Youth has no age. Pablo Picasso
- Youth is a disease from which we all recover. Dorothy Fulheim
- Live long and prosper. Mr. Spock
- I just want to celebrate another day of livin’ I just want to celebrate another day of life. Rare Earth
- All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much. George Harrison
- Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you’ve got to start young. Fred Astaire
- And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln
- And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make. The Beatles
- At 19, everything is possible and tomorrow looks friendly. Jim Bishop
- At twenty years of age, the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgement. Benjamin Franklin
- At twenty-one, so many things appear solid, permanent, untenable. Orson Welles
- Birth and Death are the two noblest expressions of bravery. Kahlil Gibran
- Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest. Larry Lorenzoni
- Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat more cake. Edward Morykwas
- Each ten years of a man’s life has its own fortunes, its own hopes, its own desires. Goethe
- Every year on your birthday, you get a chance to start new. Sammy Hagar
- Everything I know I learned after I was thirty. Georges Clemenceau
- From our birthday, until we die, Is but the winking of an eye. William Butler Yeats
- How far that little candle throws his beams! – William Shakespeare
Funny Famous Birthday Quotes
- Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. Chili Davis
- I intend to live forever — so far, so good! Stephen Wright
- A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman’s birthday but never remembers her age. Robert Frost
- Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter. Mark Twain
- Middle age is when you still believe you’ll feel better in the morning. Bob Hope
- You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake. Bob Hope
- Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
- Life is a moderately good play with a badly written third act. Truman Capote
- I’m not getting old. I’m getting better. Shirley Bassey
- I remember when the candle shop burned down. Everyone stood around singing ‘Happy Birthday.’ Steven Wright
- Nice to be here? At my age it’s nice to be anywhere. George Burns
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure you also read our collection of Birthday Messages for Friends and Family
Inspirational Famous Birthday Quotes
- Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art. Eleanor Roosevelt
- Because time itself is like a spiral, something special happens on your birthday each year: The same energy that God invested in you at birth is present once again. Menachem Mendel Schneerson
- I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn’t have one. So I got a cake. Mitch Hedberg
- There are two great days in a person’s life – the day we are born and the day we discover why. William Barclay
- May you live all the days of your life. Jonathan Swift
- Large streams from little fountains flow, Tall oaks from little acorns grow. David Everett
- Today you are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you. Dr. Seuss
- All the world’s a stage,
And all the men and women merely players.
They have their exits and entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts.
- If I could save time in a bottle, the first thing that I’d like to do is to save every day. Jim Croce
- If only I may grow: firmer, simpler-quieter, warmer. Dag Hammarskjold
- If you’re lost you can look–and you will find me,
Time after time,
If you fall I will catch you–I’ll be waiting,
Time after time.
- It is through the idealism of youth that man catches sight of truth, and in that idealism he possesses a wealth which he must never exchange for anything else. Albert Schweitzer
- It takes a long time to grow young. Pablo Picasso
- It’s something unpredictable, but in the end it’s right.
I hope you had the time of your life. Green Day
- Keep true to the dream of thy youth. Friedrich Von Schiller
- Life is very short, and there’s no time for fussing and fighting, my friend. The Beatles
- A birthday is just another day where you go to work and people give you love. Age is just a state of mind, and you are as old as you think you are. You have to count your blessings and be happy. Abhishek Bachchan
- One of the signs of passing youth is the birth of a sense of fellowship with other human beings as we take our place among them. Virginia Woolf
- Plant the seeds of Love in your hearts. Let them grow into trees of Service and shower the sweet fruit of Ananda. Share the Ananda with all. That is the proper way to celebrate the Birthday” Sri Sathya Sai Baba
- Please don’t retouch my wrinkles. It took me so long to earn them. Anna Magnani
- Romance novels are birthday cake and life is often peanut butter and jelly. I think everyone should have lots of delicious romance novels lying around for those times when the peanut butter of life gets stuck to the roof of your mouth. Janet Evanovich
- Sixteen candles make a lovely light But not as bright as your eyes tonight. Luther Dixon
- The best way to remember your wife’s birthday is to forget it once. H. V. Prochnow
- Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten. Natasha Bedingfield
- The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity. Seneca
- The first hundred years are the hardest. Wilson Mizner
- The old believe everything; the middle-aged suspect everything; the young know everything. Oscar Wilde
- There are three hundred and sixty-four days when you might get un-birthday presents, and only one for birthday presents, you know. Lewis Carroll
- There is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval. George Santayana
- Time draweth wrinkles in a fair face, but addeth fresh colors to a fast friend. John Lyle
- Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go. So make the best of this test, and don’t ask why, It’s not a question, but a lesson learned in time. Green Day
- Time is on my side, yes it is. Time is on my side. Rolling Stones
- Time keeps on slippin’, slippin’, slippin’…into the future. Steve Miller
- Time may be a great healer, but it’s a lousy beautician. Unknown
- Time, why you punish me? Like a wave bashing into the shore You wash away my dreams. Time, why you walk away? Hootie & the Blowfish
- To me, fair friend, you never can be old, For as you were when first your eye I eye’d, Such seems your beauty still. William Shakespeare
- To me, old age is always 15 years older than I am. Bernard Baruch
- Very early, I knew that the only object in life was to grow. Margaret Fuller
- We are always the same age inside. Gertrude Stein
- Why party like it is 1999 when you can party like it is your birthday? Prince
- Women deserve to have more than twelve years between the ages of twenty eight and forty. James Thurber
- You are only young once, but you can be immature for a lifetime. John P. Grier
- You are young and Life is long and there is time to kill today. Pink Floyd
- You know you’re getting old when you get that one candle on the cake. It’s like, ‘See if you can blow this out.’ Jerry Seinfeld
- You were born an original. Don’t die a copy. – John Mason
- You’d scarce expect one of my age, To speak in public on the stage, And if I chance to fall below, Demosthenes or Cicero, Don’t view me with a critic’s eye, But pass my imperfections by. Large streams from little fountains flow, Tall oaks from little acorns grow. David Everett
- Youth comes but once in a lifetime. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Youth had been a habit of hers for so long that she could not part with it. Rudyard Kipling
- Youth is a wonderful thing. What a crime to waste it on children. George Bernard Shaw
- Youth is happy because it has the ability to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old. Franz Kafka
- Youth is the gift of nature, but age is the work of art. Garson
- Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life. Herbert Asquith
- You’ve heard of the three ages of man – youth, age, and “you are looking wonderful. Francis Cardinal Spellman
Go ahead & surf to discover the ideal birthday card for your case. Our website has the best selection of original birthday wishes and inspirational happy birthday images available.
Also take a look at The Famous Birthdays for more quotes by famous people and celebrities from all over the world.
You may also like: