Did you forget your sister’s birthday? Don’t worry, it happens to the best of us! You were probably too busy with work, school, or Netflix binges to remember the big day. But now that the dust has settled and the birthday balloons have long since deflated, you’re left feeling guilty and regretful. What kind of sibling forgets their sister’s birthday, anyway?
Well, fear not, dear reader. As long as you send a funny or heartfelt message to your beloved sis, all will be forgiven. It’s not about the gift or the card or the cake (although those things certainly don’t hurt). It’s about showing your sister that you love and appreciate her, even if you can’t remember the date of her birth. So grab a pen, paper, or smartphone, and get ready to craft some belated birthday wishes that will have your sister laughing (and maybe forgiving you) in no time!
These Funny Belated Birthday Wishes Will Make Your Sister Laugh (and Forgive You)
Want to make up with your sister for forgetting her birthday? (Yes, you do). Studies have shown that a funny belated birthday wish can increase your chances of forgiveness. After all, laughter is the best medicine and a clever joke or humorous message can help to ease any hurt feelings and make your sister smile. So, without further ado, here are 10 belated birthday wishes that are sure to tickle your sister’s funny bone and show her that you care.
- A belated birthday wish is just like a fruitcake: nobody really wants it, but it’s the thought that counts! Hope you had a great day, sis!
- I’m not late, I’m just really early for next year! Happy belated birthday, Sis!
- Roses are red, violets are blue, I’m terrible with dates, so here’s a belated “Happy Birthday” to you!
- I’m sorry I forgot your birthday, but in my defense, I’m not getting any younger either. Happy belated birthday, sis!
- I didn’t forget your birthday, I was just fashionably late with my wishes! Happy belated birthday, sis!
- Roses are red, violets are blue, I forgot your birthday, what else is new? Sorry for the belated wishes, sis!
- I’m sorry I missed your birthday, but I swear it’s only because you look so young and beautiful that I thought it wasn’t actually your birthday yet! Hope it was great!
- I’m sorry I forgot your birthday, but at least it’s proof that I’m not a robot or a calendar-obsessed maniac. I’m just a regular person who loves you and wants to make you laugh! Happy belated birthday, sis!
- I’m sorry I forgot your birthday, but I hope this belated birthday wish is like a fine wine: it only gets better with age!
- Sorry I missed your birthday, but I was busy perfecting my karaoke skills to serenade you with a belated birthday song!
- I’m sorry I forgot your birthday, but I was abducted by aliens and they only just released me. Hope it was out of this world!
- I hope your birthday was filled with so much fun that you forgot I was even late with your wishes!
- Sorry for being late to your birthday party. I was busy trying to perfect the recipe for a cake that could transport me back in time so I could make it on time. Alas, it didn’t work. Happy belated!
- I’m so sorry for being late to the party, but I didn’t want to cake on the pressure. Happy belated birthday!
If you enjoy this post, you may also want to check out our collection of Belated Happy Birthday Wishes
Wishing You a Wonderful Year Ahead: Belated Birthday Wishes for My Sister
Sometimes life gets busy, and we forget the important things – like our loved one’s birthdays. But just because we missed the big day doesn’t mean we can’t still make it special. As imperfect beings, we are bound to make mistakes, but what truly matters is our willingness to mend things. So, let’s take a moment to wish our beloved sisters a happy belated birthday and show them that even if we’re late to the party, our love and appreciation for them is always present.
- You make my life brighter and better just by being in it. I’m sorry I missed your birthday, but I hope this belated wish brings some joy to your day. Happy belated birthday, sis!
- Sorry I missed your birthday, but let’s face it: you’re so fabulous, you deserve to be celebrated every day!
- I may have missed your birthday, but I hope this belated wish lets you know how much you mean to me. You are an extraordinary sister, and I’m so proud of you. Happy belated birthday!
- I’m sorry I forgot your birthday, but if it makes you feel any better, at least I didn’t forget to love you! Happy belated birthday, sis!
- I may have missed your birthday, but at least I remembered your favorite pizza toppings! Let’s celebrate with a belated pizza party, sis!
- I know I missed your birthday, but you should know that you are always in my heart. You are an amazing sister, and I’m grateful for everything you do. Happy belated birthday!
- I hope your birthday was filled with all your favorite things, including forgiveness for your forgetful sibling! Sorry for the belated wishes, but I promise I’ll make it up to you!
- I hope your birthday was filled with love, laughter, and lots of cake (even if it was a few days ago)! Sorry for the belated wishes, but I hope they’re just as sweet as the frosting on your birthday cake!
- I know I’m late, but you’re never too old for a birthday do-over! Let’s celebrate like it’s your birthday all over again!
- I may have missed your birthday, but I didn’t forget that you’re the best sister a person could ask for. Sorry for the belated wishes!
- I heard you’re celebrating your birthday all month, so I wanted to be fashionably late to the party. Happy belated birthday!
- You are not just my sister, you are my family and my forever friend. I’m sorry for missing your birthday, but I’m sending you all my love and well wishes. Happy belated birthday!
- I’m so blessed to have you as my sister. I’m sorry for missing your birthday, but I’m always here for you, no matter what. Happy belated birthday, sis!
- I may have missed your birthday, but I will never forget how much you mean to me. You are a shining light in my life, sis, and I’m grateful for every moment we get to share.
Visit our article with Happy Belated Birthday Images for more resources and visual material.
You May Also Like:
My Ray of Sunshine | I Love You Messages for my Sister
30 Meaningful Birthday Blessings and Prayers to Send Your Sister on Her Special Day
100 Everlasting Birthday Wishes for Sisters Who Are Forever
200 of the Best Birthday Messages to Make Someone’s Day Special