Dads are often the unsung heroes of the family, always working hard to provide and care for their loved ones. When it comes to birthdays, it’s the perfect time to show appreciation and love for all that they do. But, let’s be honest, finding the right words to express your feelings to dear dad can be a challenge, especially if you want to add some humor to the mix. That’s why we’ve put together a list of 70 funny birthday wishes for dad. From witty one-liners to clever puns, these unique birthday quotes and cards will surely put a smile on your dad’s face and make his day extra special. So, let’s get ready to celebrate dad’s birthday in a fun and memorable way!
Why Send Funny Birthday Wishes to your Dad?
Sending funny happy birthday wishes to your dad is a great way to show him that you appreciate his sense of humor and want to make him smile on his special day.
It also helps to lighten the mood and make the celebration more lighthearted and enjoyable. Sometimes, heartwarming messages can come across as too formal or impersonal, while funny messages can be more memorable and show that you have a special bond with your dad.
Additionally, humor can help to break down any barriers and create a closer relationship with your dad.
40 Brilliantly Funny Birthday Wishes for Dad
If you’re looking for the perfect birthday message to make your dad laugh out loud, you’re in the right place. In this section, we’ve gathered 10 funny happy birthday wishes for dad that will show him how much you care while making him chuckle.
- For your birthday, I vow to continue not telling you about all of the terrible things I did when I was a teenager. You’re welcome. Hope you have a great birthday!
- I wanted to buy the most extravagant birthday present in the world for you but your wallet only had five bucks in it. Oh well. Have a fantastic birthday anyway.
- When you said my kids are just like I used to be, you were so right. Let me take the occasion of your birthday to say I’m awfully sorry about that. Thank you for putting up with them and me!
- Hey Dad, remember all of those times I listened to your sage advice and acted responsibility? I don’t either. Thanks for trying, though. Have a great birthday!
- When I was a kid, you said that I should act my age. So why in the world do you keep acting so young? I love you! Have a super birthday!
- All of my characteristics of awesomeness and genius clearly came from you, Dad, including my ability to be humble. Hope you have a great birthday!
- Happy Birthday, Dad. If it makes you feel better, you’re not old, you’re just well-seasoned and experienced.
- Age is just a number. In your case, it’s a really big number. Happy Birthday, old guy!
- Happy Birthday to you, Dad. Thanks for passing on the good looks to me!
- Congratulations, Dad! Today you become the oldest you ever been in your entire life.
- I’m so grateful for the day of birth. Mostly because I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for that day. Happy Birthday, Father.
- How it feel to be a year older and watch your six pack of abs turn into a six pack of bear?
- For your birthday, do something that will make you say, “What was I thinking?”.
- Happy birthday to our amazing Dad! May today bring you peace, happiness, and a lawn that mows itself!
- On this your birthday, be sure and sneeze often because you can use all of the “bless you” wishes you can get!
- Dad, just like you, I want your birthday party to be awesome. Too bad there won’t be room for guests since your candles will take up all of the space! All in good fun, happy birthday!
- Happy birthday to my wanna-be comedian Dad! Here’s hoping you finally find someone who will laugh at your jokes this year.
- Here’s to you, Dad! Birthdays can have various meanings to different people, but to you they mean your cake is one year closer to setting off the fire alarm. Happy birthday, old man!
- Happy birthday to the funniest pajama-wearing old man in the neighborhood. So glad you finally decided to start wearing a robe when you go out to get the mail!
- I wanted to get you a funny card, but I couldn’t find one that was just right. Instead, I decided to write one myself. “Roses are red. Violets are blue. Laugh even though this isn’t funny, can you?” Happy birthday!
Also read: 100 Amazing Happy Birthday Wishes for your Dad
- Happy birthday dad! You’re the most important age today, so make sure to blow out all 171 candles on your cake.
- Happy birthday dad! You’re not getting old, you’re just getting more awesome every year.
- Dear dad, you’ve taught me so many important lessons in life, like how to hold doors for people and how to avoid the fire department on my birthday. Thanks for being a great dad!
- Happy birthday dad! You’re the brightest star in our family’s galaxy, even though we won’t bother counting how old you are.
- Happy birthday to my favorite drinking buddy and best dad! May your birthday celebration be filled with lots of humor, gifts, and a few drinks, but not too many.
- Happy birthday dad! You’re better than a personal search engine, you always know the answer to all my questions.
- Happy birthday to the coolest dad ever! May all your wishes come true, except for the one where you hope to break dance like you did when you were a kid.
- Happy birthday dad! You’re not just a good father, you’re the best father any child could ask for.
- On your special day, dad, I’m forever grateful for all the love, laughs, and life lessons you’ve given me. You’re the reason I’m lucky enough to have a fantastic birthday every year.
- Happy birthday dad! You’re the most important person in my life, and I hope you know how much you matter to me. Don’t worry, you’re not an old man yet, just a forever young daddy with a great sense of humor.
- Happy birthday, dad! Don’t worry about getting older, you’re still the coolest old man I know.
- Dad, you deserve to celebrate your birthday like a fire department, with all the bells and whistles!
- You might be getting older, but you’re still my favorite drinking buddy! Happy birthday, dad!
- Hey, dad, I’m not going to bother counting the candles on your cake this year. Let’s just say it’s a lot!
- Happy birthday to the brightest star in our family, my wonderful father!
- Dad, you’re like a personal search engine for all of life’s questions. Except for maybe, “where did I put my keys?” Happy birthday!
- Happy birthday, dad! You’re the best father a child could ask for, even if you do tell terrible dad jokes.
- Another year older, but still just as cool as when you were a kid. Happy birthday, awesome dad!
- I hope you get all the gifts you wished for, dad. Except for the ones that are over my budget. Happy birthday!
- Happy birthday, dad! Don’t worry about your age, you’re like a fine wine – you only get better with time.
Happy Birthday, Dad! Funny Birthday Wishes from your Daughter
Dads are the ultimate superheroes, but that doesn’t mean we can’t poke a little fun at them on their special day. In this section, we’ll share 10 hilarious birthday wishes from daughters to their dads that are sure to make him laugh.
- Happy birthday dad! You may be getting older, but you’re still the funniest dad I know. Here’s to another year of making me laugh until I cry!
- Dear dad, you always know how to make your daughter laugh with your dad jokes and funny faces. Have a fantastic birthday celebration, and don’t forget to blow out all your candles before you set off the fire department.
- Happy birthday to my favorite drinking buddy and best dad! Hoping your birthday party is filled with plenty of cake, kid-friendly drinks, and dad-approved jokes.
- Happy birthday dad! You’re not just an amazing person, you’re an amazing dad who always knows how to make his daughter feel loved and supported.
- Happy birthday to the coolest dad ever! You’re the best gift I could ever ask for, and I’m forever grateful for all the time and love you’ve spent raising me.
- Happy birthday dad! You’re not just a good father, you’re the best father any daughter could ever hope to have. May all your birthday wishes come true, especially the one where you finally learn how to break dance.
- Happy birthday to my favorite dad in the galaxy! You may not be a supernova, but you’re still a shining star in my life. Keep shining and making us laugh, dad!
- Happy birthday to my wonderful father! May this special day be as fun and hilarious as you are, and may you never lose your sense of humor no matter how old you get.
- Happy birthday dad! No matter how many candles you blow out, you’ll always be the coolest and funniest dad in town. Here’s to many more years of laughter and love.
- Happy birthday to my favorite parent! Sorry mom, but dad’s sense of humor is just too cool to ignore. May your birthday be filled with lots of gifts, jokes, and laughter that will last forever.
Funny Birthday Wishes for Dad From Son
Looking for the perfect way to make your dad’s birthday extra special this year? Check out these funny happy birthday wishes for dad from son that are sure to make him laugh and feel loved!
- Happy birthday to the coolest dad in the universe! I hope your birthday is filled with lots of cake, laughs, and dad jokes.
- To my dad, the man who never grew up…happy birthday! May you always be young at heart, just like Peter Pan.
- Happy birthday, old man! Don’t worry, you’re not getting old, you’re just becoming a classic, like a vintage car or a fine wine.
- On your special day, I just want to say thank you for always being the best dad in the galaxy. You’re a true star, dad!
- Happy birthday to the man who taught me how to throw a ball, ride a bike, and embarrass myself in public with dad jokes. Love you, pops!
- Hey dad, happy birthday! I got you a present, but I’m not going to tell you what it is…I want to see the look on your face when you open your gift card to the local fire department.
- Dad, you may not be perfect, but you’re still the best father a son could ask for. Here’s to a great birthday celebration with your favorite drinking buddy (that’s me, by the way).
- Happy birthday, dad! I’m not going to bother counting how many candles are on your cake…let’s just say it’s a lot.
- Wishing you a fantastic birthday, dad! You’re not just an amazing person, you’re an amazing father too. Keep up the good work!
- Happy birthday to the one and only, best dad ever! May your birthday be filled with all your favorite things, like cake, gifts, and dad jokes that make us laugh and groan at the same time.
Funny Birthday Messages from dog to Dad
Your sweet dog can feel the joy in the air today, so these funny birthday wishes will bark it all to dad!
- Happy birthday to the man who feeds me, walks me, and picks up my poop. You’re the real MVP, dad!
- I may be just a dog, but I know a good dad when I see one. And you, my friend, are the best!
- Woof woof! Happy birthday, dad! Thanks for always letting me steal bites of your food when mom’s not looking.
- I heard it’s your birthday, dad! Let’s celebrate with a walk in the park and some belly rubs.
- Happy birthday, dad! Just remember, the more you age, the more treats you owe me.
- Another year older, huh? Don’t worry, dad, I’ll still love you even when you’re as old as a Great Dane.
- Woof woof woof! Translation: Happy birthday, dad! You’re my favorite human ever.
- Happy birthday, dad! Thanks for always being there to scratch behind my ears and give me endless love.
- It’s your birthday, dad! I won’t even ask how old you are in dog years. Let’s just focus on the fact that you’re still young at heart.
- Woof! (Translation: Happy birthday, dad! Let’s celebrate with a game of fetch and lots of cuddles.)
You may also like:
40 Birthday Prayers for Dad: Grateful to God for Making You my Father
30+ Happy Birthday Wishes for Stepdad
200 of the Best Birthday Messages to Make Someone’s Day Special