Baptisms are one of the most important days in a baby’s life. A baptism signals the beginning of a journey through the Christian faith to be supported by the baby’s parents, godparents, and their church family. The symbolic representation of water purification signifies the baby is born again into the Christian faith.
The baptism ritual is one from which many memories are preserved in scrapbooks or baby books. These items include photos, certificates, and baptism cards. Since the words written in baptism cards may be reviewed for years by the family and the baby, deciding what to write can be challenging. We offer these suggestions of what to write in a baptism card in the hopes to ease your mind so you can enjoy the blessed event.
Table of Contents
- Baptism Card Messages
- Baptism Card Messages for Parents
- Baptism Card Message from Godparents
- Baptism Quotes for Cards or Sharing
- Baptism Bible Verses
Baptism Card Messages
Include inspirational messages to the baby to support a faith-filled life at any age.
- Congratulations on the beginning of your faith journey. May God bless every step of your path as you walk in trust with Him.
- Your baptism is just the beginning of a life filled with special memories. Trust God to make each moment special and full of love.
- At your baptism, may you feel God’s love and the love of your family. Return to the safety of this love as you grow into a person of God.
- Congratulations sweet child on your baptism into faith. May you feel all God’s blessings, safety, and love throughout your life.
- Thank you for letting me be part of your baptism. I pray your life brings you joy and a strong relationship with God.
- Prayers for God’s blessing on this baptism day and throughout your life. May God protect you, child, show you grace, and reveal His wondrous plans for your life.
- Singing God’s praises on your baptism day! Wishing many blessings for you and your family.
- I am grateful for you and for your baptism day. Thank you for including me and may I continue to be part of all your momentous occasions.
- Your baptism grounds you in a holy life full of God’s peace. May you continue to find peace and joy as you grow.
- A baptism is a new day full of possibilities. May you find multiple possibilities and new beginnings with God’s blessings.
Baptism Card Messages for Parents
Baptisms are special days for parents too, so include messages of love, support and encouragement on their baby’s first milestone.
- Congratulations on your baby’s baptism! May you all feel God’s love on this first of many wonderful days!
- Wishing you so much joy at your baby’s baptism. Praying for God’s joy to shine through in every moment of NAME ‘s life.
- At your baby’s baptism, you may find yourself reflecting on God’s promises. He promises to keep you safe, show you love and bring you comfort throughout your faith journey.
- As new parents, your baby’s baptism is the first of many bonding moments with your child. We hope today brings you closer to each other and closer to God.
- May God’s favor shine upon all of you this baptism day. As your child begins a life of faith, may God’s favor continue to shine light on the path.
- Your baby’s baptism is a symbol of your love of a faith-filled life. May you continue to exemplify godly living for your child as you work in faith to be god-filled parents.
- We extend our congratulations and best wishes at your baby’s baptism! May today be full of love and support from your family and friends as you baptize your child in God’s peace.
- Blessings to all of you on this special day! Your baby’s baptism represents God’s blessings for all of you as you recommit yourself to walking with God.
- Congratulations for making the decision to baptize your child. We pray you feel God’s love every moment today as you bring your child closer to Him.
- Your child’s baptism is a reminder of your faith. May NAME ‘s baptism be a rebirth for all of you into God’s protection.
Baptism Card Message from Godparents
As a godparent, your role in the baby’s faith journey begins on baptism day, so remind the child you will always be there.
- As your godparent, I am honored to be here on your baptism day. I am also honored to be part of your faith-filled life with God and seek to be a godly example for you.
- Being your godparent is a special relationship and one that I will always treasure. You are a gift from God and I will always be here to support and love you.
- Godparents are chosen to guide you closer to God. May you find examples of God’s unconditional love through us as we love you unconditionally.
- Thank you for letting us be a part of this baptism day. Thank you for letting us have a special part in your life as we cherish this opportunity.
- Dear NAME, you are a reminder of God’s blessings and I am thankful to be your godparent. I pray your life is full of love, peace, and happiness as you follow God’s guidance.
- Congratulations on your baptism, little one. As I hold you today, may God’s arms surround you always with love and protection.
- A godparent’s love is a special gift and I am honored to be yours. May our relationship continue to grow closer and may we find God’s love in each other.
- We will always be here for you NAME. As your godparents, we vow to love you, support you, protect you, and cherish you through all life’s stages.
- Your baptism is your first step toward a stronger relationship with God. As your godparent, I pray your relationship with Him continues to grow as you find comfort in His love.
- On your baptism day, as your godparent, I see God’s love shining through you. May I continue to be an example of God’s never-ending love as you grow closer to Him.
Baptism Quotes for Cards or Sharing
- Baptism is the initial step of a faithful heart. Max Lucado
- Baptism is an outward expression of an inward faith. Watchman Nee
- The seed dies into a new life, and so does man. George Macdonald
- Baptism is faith in action.Watchman Nee
- The God who made us also can remake us. Woodrow Kroll
- That is the best baptism that leaves the man cleanest inside. Henry Ward Beecher
- Baptism is the door of the spiritual life and the gateway to the sacraments. Thomas Aquinas
- On your baby’s christening, this brings a prayer for God’s loving guidance and everlasting care; for blessings and happiness all your life through, not only for baby, but also for you. Unknown
- Through salvation our past has been forgiven, our present is given meaning, and out future is secured. Rick Warren
- In order to live a life of holiness, we must first receive new life from God – we must be born from above. J. Vernon McGee
- There are two sides to this Baptism: The first is, you possess the Spirit; The second is that the Spirit possesses you. Smith Wigglesworth
- Just as water ever seeks and fills the lowest place, so the moment God finds you abased and empty, His glory and power flow in. Andrew Murray
- God brings men into deep waters not to drown them, but to cleanse them. James H. Aughey
- A man who knows that he is saved by believing in Christ does not, when he is baptized, lift his baptism into a saving ordinance. In fact, he is the very best protester against that mistake, because he holds that he has no right to be baptized until he is saved. Charles Spurgeon
- And as the circumcised in the flesh, and not in the heart, have no part in God’s good promises; even so they that be baptized in the flesh, and not in heart, have no part in Christ’s blood. William Tyndale
- If you accept the belief that baptism incorporates us in the mystical body of Christ, into the divine DNA, then you might say that the Holy Spirit is present in each of us, and thus we have the capacity for the fullness of redemption, of transformation. Fr. Thomas Keating
- Baptism is the catalyst to spiritual maturity, not the sign of having attained it. J.D.Greer
- Baptism is the sacrament of allegiance of them that are to be received into the Kingdom of God, that is to say, into Eternal life, that is to say, to Remission of Sin. For as Eternal life was lost by the committing, so it is recovered by the remitting of men’s sins. Thomas Hobbes
- Take me to the water
To be, to be baptized
I’m going back home, going back home
Gonna stay here no longer
I’m going back home
- For your baptism day, may God grant you always
A sunbeam to warm you, a moonbeam to charm you
A sheltering angel so nothing can harm you
Laughter to cheer you, faithful friends near you
And whenever you pray
Heaven to hear you.
Baptism Bible Verses
- Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. John 3:5
- Every good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17
- The lord is my strength and my shield. Psalms 28:7
- Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. Deuteronomy 31:6
- For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
- She is clothed with strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future. When she speaks her words are wise and she give instructions with kindness. Proverbs 31:25
- Make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19
- For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
- For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13
- I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how great is my distress until it is accomplished! Luke 12:50
- In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world. John 16:33
- Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38
- And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name. Acts 22:16
- We love him, because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19
You may also like: