Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos) | Original and Famous Quotes
The Day of the Dead (also known as Día de Muertos in Spanish), which starts from October 31st to November 2nd, is a time to remember and pray for our loved ones who have died.
Here is a giant list of both original quotes as well as quotations from very famous personalities that you can use in observing this very important Mexican holiday. What are you waiting for? Go ahead and celebrate this multi-day festival with the lovely Day of the Dead quotes below.
Famous Quotes for the Day of the Dead
- “We never bury the dead, son. We take them with us. It’s the price of living.” – Jose Molina and Mark Goffman, “Sleepy Hollow ”
- “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.” – From a gravestone in the Republic of Ireland
- “I knew a man who once said, ‘Death smiles at us all; all a man can do is smile back.’” – From the 2000 film “Gladiator”
- “After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.” – J.K. Rowling
- “God pours life into death and death into life without a drop being spilled.” – From an unknown writer
- “Oh, may I join the choir invisible of those immortal dead who live again.” – George Eliot
- “To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.” – Thomas Campbell
- “The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity.” – Seneca
- “For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity.” – William Penn
- “The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them.” – Lois McMaster Bujold
- “From my rotting body, flowers shall grow, and I am in them, and that is eternity.” – Edvard Munch
- “Our dead are never dead to us, until we have forgotten them.” – George Eliot
- “The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
Original Quotes for the Day of the Dead
- A warm wish to you, as you observe the Day of the Dead. In the eyes of man, the dead no longer exist, but in the eyes of God, the dead live on forever.
- To all the loved ones who are no longer with us today, we want you to know that we will love you and forever carry you in the most precious chamber of our hearts until we too are covered by earth.
- Wishing you a special Dia de los Muertos festival! May God never stop pouring down His blessings on our families and friends in the afterlife.
- Death is the most beautiful way to lose a loved one.
- This is the Day of the Dead, and by Jove, we shall celebrate! May your celebration be filled with lots of beautiful memories of the dead, delicious foods, music and beautiful sunshine.
- Why fear your rendezvous with death when it’s nothing short of a wonderful experience? Wishing you a memorable Day of the Dead celebration!
- Death is a profoundly beautiful thing. Never be afraid of it. Enjoy this festival of the Day of the Dead to the max!
- At long last the Day of the Dead is upon us once again! May this occasion remind us of the fact that our time on this planet is very limited. Live life to the fullest, starting from this special day!
- The dead might have bid farewell to this world, but they will never ever leave us, for they dwell in our hearts and minds. And that is surely a good thing!
- May the souls of our deceased cherished ones always know true happiness wherever they might be relaxing.
- As we celebrate this special festival, may we never forget that death isn’t the end. There’s so much beauty and excitement in the afterlife.
- O Lord, may your amazing light forever shine on our dear ones who have passed out of this life. May you always be there for them and gift them your heavenly happiness.
- As we remember our departed loved ones on this year’s Day of the Dead festival, we must not forget that death is but a departure from this world into a more wonderful world.
- Death is the beginning of everlasting life. Embrace it with all your heart as you celebrate this Day of the Dead with your living and deceased loved ones!
- Thinking of you with a heart full of love and pride as we observe the Day of the Dead.
- Nobody shall ever enjoy the taste of true happiness until they are dead. May our deceased relatives and friends forever continue to bask in sunshine and true happiness in the afterlife.
- May the beautiful souls of our loved ones be always filled with joy, and may we be blessed with the opportunity to see them again. Amen.
- Of all the gifts that God has blessed mankind with, death is the most beautiful. Have a memorable Día de Muertos.
- To my loved ones in the afterlife, I know you are with me even though you are no longer in this world. Today, I invite you to come and drink, eat and make merry with me. I can’t wait to join you, guys, in the afterworld.
- May the souls of the departed be with us during this celebration and forevermore. Happy Day of the Dead to everyone who has ever lost someone dear to them.
- It’s my prayer that God will bestow blessings upon anyone that is remembering a loved one on the Day of the Dead.
- On this special Day of the Dead, I hope you have a wonderful time with your family as you enjoy the good memories of your deceased loved ones.
- Never be afraid of death, for the only way to an everlasting life in paradise is by departing this world? Have yourself a truly wonderful Day of the Dead holiday!
- This is a day to honor and pray for all the beautiful souls in our lives who are no longer living. These cherished souls might have left us, but they shall be in our hearts and minds until the end of time.
- The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh. Happy Day of the Dead to you!
- Wishing you a truly beautiful Day of the Dead celebrations as you light a candle to remember the memories of all the wonderful people in your life.
- By all accounts, death is the most beautiful journey ever! Happy Day of the Dead!
- God is good because He doesn’t deny any man born of a woman the privilege to enjoy the beauty of closing his eyes forever and enjoying the priceless bliss that comes next.
- Death is just the end of our mortal journey and the beginning of another truly wonderful journey. Have yourself an amazing celebration of the Day of the Dead.
- Dear God, may we forever remember and honor our dead family members and friends. Happy Day of the Dead to all my loved ones!