Inspirational Scripture Quotes for Cards | 45 Christmas Bible Verses
The Christmas season is here again. This is the time of the year where people learn about the true meaning of Christmas. The Christmas season is a celebration of Christ, God and the Holy Spirit. The Lord has given us the gift of eternal life through his son Jesus Christ. The Messiah has given us the gift of Holy Spirit through God the Father. Truly, Jesus tells us that it is more blessed to give than to receive. So, we must obey the risen Lord and honor his wisdom.
You can provide Bible scripture as a gift. For God’s word makes a perfect gift for all people. You can send Christmas cards with the Living Word of Jesus Christ and it will bring joy to the receiver. Giving toward a person’s spiritual needs is just as important as meeting their material benefit. Christmas Bible verses should be utilized for this purpose.
People typically relate the Christmas holiday with Jesus and all things good. They might not even like reading the Bible but are willing to make an exception for scripture during the holiday season. Giving email Christmas cards is a modern way that people send cards to another. These e-cards often contain Bible verses that people are fond of reading. They can also be fully integrated into various electronic card design.
Social media can even be used to send and receive scripture inspired electronic cards. Scriptures can also be sent directly to various profile users through posts, direct messages and through a person’s timeline. This way of sending and receiving scripture related posts is quick and effective for telling people about the Lord.
Christmas is truly the most wonderful time of the year. Scripture helps to make Christmas a bit more special. This is because the birth of Jesus is the basis of the season. Scriptures related to Jesus’ birth are very important. Bible verses can accompany scenes of the Nativity to create a dynamic interpretation of this event. The Birth of Jesus is considered the Greatest Story Ever Told and Bible verses truly highlight this wonderful occasion.
The 3 Wise Men brought Jesus gits of frankincense, gold and myrrh. God has given people all sorts of wonderful gifts and the Holy Spirit gives Christians various gifts to serve God. The scriptures highlight the gifts of God. The gifts of God are eternal and they make great presents for all people to enjoy.
Christmas Bible Verses to Include in a Card
- And there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch by night. And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them. Luke 2:8-9
- In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. John 1:4-5
- Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Romans 12:10
- A merry heart does good like medicine. Proverbs 17:22
- A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed. Proverbs 11:25
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
- Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! John 1:29
- The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made through him… John 1:9-10
- Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17
- Praise the Lord, all nations! Extol him, all peoples! For great is his steadfast love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord! Psalm 117
Birth of Jesus Bible Verse
- This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about : His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. Because Joseph her husband was faithful to the law, and yet did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly. But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.” All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” which means “God with us”. Matthew 1:18-23
- And she gave birth to her firstborn son; and she wrapped Him in cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn. Luke 2:7
- And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called Jesus, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb. Luke 2:21
- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.” Luke 2:11-214
- After coming into the house they saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell to the ground and worshiped Him. Then, opening their treasures, they presented to Him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh. Matthew 2:11
Short Christmas Bible Verses
- For nothing will be impossible with God. Luke 1:37
- Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable Gift. 2 Corinthians 9:15
- And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the baby lying in a manger. Luke 2:16
- When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. Matthew 2:10
- But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.” Luke 2:10
- And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God. Luke 2:13
- For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. Romans 11:29
Christmas Bible Verses for the Old Testament
- What I saw in my vision hasn’t happened yet. But some day, a king of Israel will appear like a star. Numbers 24:17
- Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; righteous and having salvation is he, humble and mounted on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey. Zechariah 9:9
- Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. Isaiah 7:14
- For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6
- Judah will hold the royal scepter, and his descendants will always rule. Nations will bring him tribute and bow in obedience before him. Genesis 49:10
- You will always have descendants, and I will make your kingdom last forever. Your dynasty will never end. 2 Samuel 7:16
Christmas Bible Verses From The Gospels and The Acts.
- For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16
- And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. John 5:11
- And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus. Luke 1:30-31
- The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.” Luke 1:35
- And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us. Luke 2:15
- When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told. Luke 2:17-20
- Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the King, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. Matthew 2:1-2
- In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ Acts 20:35
- God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might bring Israel to repentance and forgive their sins. Acts 5:31
Christmas Bible Verses From The Epistles
- For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23
- The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14
- Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen. 1 Timothy 1:15-17
- But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship. Galatians 4:4-5
- At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. Titus 3:3-7
- And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death—even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth. Philippians 2:8-10
- These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world. John 16:33
You May Also Like: