Are you looking for I’m sorry quotes to express how remorseful you feel? We have compiled a collection of famous I’m sorry quotes from literature and song lyrics, as well as interviews with inspiring people, that can help you apologize in the most meaningful way. Whether you are trying to make amends after a mistake or seeking forgiveness after hurting someone’s feelings, these I’m sorry quotes can offer comfort and solace. Let these words of regret provide guidance on your journey towards making things right again.
Take time to read each quote carefully, and find the one that best conveys your sentiment. We hope these I’m sorry quotes will help bring healing and understanding in all your relationships.
- 1 Five Ways To Show That You Are Really Sorry
- 2 Say I’m Sorry with Meaningful Quotes from Poems and Songs
- 3 Genuinely Seek Forgiveness With These I’m sorry quotes from Inspiring People
- 4 Why Expressing That You’re Sorry is Important
Five Ways To Show That You Are Really Sorry
Acknowledge the pain you caused
Showing genuine remorse and understanding of the impact of your actions is one of the most important elements in saying sorry. Make sure to focus on how your action made them feel, not just what you did.
Saying I’m sorry without taking ownership for your actions can make it difficult to move forward from a situation. Don’t blame other people or circumstances for what happened; accept full responsibility for your part in it.
Own up to your mistakes
Everyone makes mistakes, but owning up to them is essential when apologizing. Don’t try to avoid responsibility by making excuses or passing off blame; instead, be honest and open about what happened.
It’s important to try and make up for the mistake you made when apologizing. This could be anything from offering a sincere apology to giving someone their space, whatever it takes to show that you understand the hurt caused by your actions.
Let them express themselves
Apologizing doesn’t necessarily mean they’re going to forgive you immediately- so don’t expect it! Allow them time to vent and think things through. Give them the opportunity to tell you how they feel; listening is one of the most powerful ways of showing that you care and are sorry for what happened.
Say I’m Sorry with Meaningful Quotes from Poems and Songs
When we make mistakes, it can be difficult to find the right words to express our regret. But sometimes all it takes is one simple phrase to show that we’re truly sorry for what we’ve done.
- Sometimes I feel like screaming out loud ‘I’m so sorry I did that, I wish I could take it back’. Avril Lavigne, I’m With You
- Sorry seems to be the hardest word. Elton John, Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
- Ah! I have sullied the perfect purity of thy name. Percy Bysshe Shelley
- I cannot give excuse why I should be so bold/To sue a saucy trespass in so sightless shade. William Shakespeare
- I sought my soul, but could not see; I sought my God, but he eluded me; I sought my brother and I found all three. Edward Markham
- My heart is so heavy with guilt and regret, I wish I hadn’t done what I did, so please forgive me and give me one last chance. I’m sorry I hurt you. Avril Lavigne, I’m Sorry
- My apologies just don’t cut it anymore, I’m so sorry I can’t take back what I’ve done wrong. Yuna ft Usher, Crush
- I know I have made mistakes and done things wrong, but don’t worry; I’m still trying to figure out what’s right and learn how to be strong. I’m sorry I hurt you, and I hope one day I can make it up to you. Demi Lovato, For The Love Of A Daughter
- I’m sorry I couldn’t be the one you wanted me to be; I hope one day you’ll understand why I had to leave. Pink, I Don’t Believe You
- I must have done something wrong; I must have made a mistake, I apologize for my actions and I’m begging for your grace. Mariah Carey, I’ll Be Lovin’ U Long Time
- I’m so sorry I hurt you. I never meant to make you cry. I never want to see tears in your eyes. Taylor Swift, I’m Only Me When I’m With You
- Love and friendship are like flowers; they will wilt and die if we don’t take care of them, so when things go wrong, I am sorry for my part in it and hope that I can make it up to you somehow. John Green, Paper Towns
- When things get complicated and darkness falls around us… And all that we had slips away I’m sorry I could not be the one. Adele, I’ll Be Waiting
- My apologies are too little, too late but I want to make it up to you in any way that I can… All my love wherever it may go, I hope someday you’ll find a way to forgive me for everything I’ve done. John Mayer, I’m Gonna Find Another You
- I’m sorry I’m not what you wanted, I’m sorry I can’t be the one who makes you happy. I’ll try a million times to make it right but I know I won’t get it perfect. The Fray, How To Save A Life
- My apologies to you I’m sorry I’ve been through I hope that one day I will be something new. Lauren Daigle, No Longer Slaves
- Oh darling don’t be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years I’ll love you for a thousand more. I’m sorry I can’t make it alone, please forgive me and never let go. Christina Perri, A Thousand Years
Genuinely Seek Forgiveness With These I’m sorry quotes from Inspiring People
No one likes having to say I’m sorry, but sometimes it’s necessary. To help make these apologies easier to express, here are some I’m sorry quotes to help you find the right words.
- I take full responsibility for my actions and I am deeply sorry for the pain I have caused; I only pray that one day you can forgive me. Unknown
- Proper apologies have three parts: 1) What I did was wrong. 2) I feel bad that I hurt you. 3) How do I make this better? Randy Pausch
- I don’t like it, and I’m sorry I ever had anything to do with it. Erwin Schrodinger
- I’m sorry for all I have done, I know I have made mistakes and I’m so ashamed… All I can do is promise to try my best to make it right again if you give me one last chance. Unknown
- For all the times I have failed, all the moments when I should have been there but wasn’t, all the things I said that were wrong and I wish I could take back; I apologize. Unknown
- Sorry doesn’t always make things better but at least it’s an honest attempt to try; when all else fails, the only thing left is the truth that I am sorry for everything I’ve done wrong. Unknown
- Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future. Paul Boese
- I want you to know I am so sorry for letting you down; I hope one day I can make it up to you and show how much I care. Unknown
- I am sorry for all the trouble I caused and I want to make things right again. Unknown
- I’m not going to apologize for who I am or what I do; that opens the door for others to have expectations and demands of me, and I just don’t think that’s fair or productive. Evanescence, Call Me When You’re Sober
- I’m not expecting you to forgive me or take me back, but please know that I’m deeply sorry and regret what I’ve done. Unknown
- I am so sorry for the pain I caused and for the things that I did not say or do… I just want a chance to make it right again and show you how much I care about you. Unknown
- It is only after we have lost everything that we are free to do anything. I apologize for my part in all of this and will make amends for it if I can ever find a way to do so. Fight Club
- I’m not very good at saying sorry, but I apologize. Chris Kurtz
- Never ruin an apology with an excuse. Benjamin Franklin
- Nobody knows the trouble I’ve seen; Nobody knows but Jesus. But I owe it all to Him, He’s my friend; I’m so glad I made up my mind to serve Him and be sorry for my sin. Traditional Spiritual
- An apology is a good way to have the last word. Unknown
- I’m sorry that I hurt the one I love; I never meant to be so careless and thoughtless… All I can do is try and make it up by loving you even more than before. Unknown
- My biggest regret is that I let you down; I am so sorry and there are no words that can ever make up for what I did or how things ended between us… But please know that I am truly sorry from the bottom of my heart. Unknown
- I’m so sorry for the way I hurt you; I never meant to make you cry or feel like I didn’t care… All I want is a chance to make it up to you and show how much I love you. Unknown
Why Expressing That You’re Sorry is Important
1. Saying I’m sorry is important because it can help to restore relationships that are being strained by a disagreement. It allows both parties to move on from the situation and not let negative feelings linger, which can ultimately damage the relationship even further in the long run.
2. Apologizing demonstrates that you have humility and respect for the other person involved in the dispute. It shows them that you are willing to admit when you’ve made a mistake and take responsibility for your actions, instead of placing blame elsewhere or trying to shift responsibility away from yourself.
3. Saying I’m sorry is an essential part of personal growth and development – it’s impossible to learn from any missteps if we don’t take accountability for our mistakes and learn to forgive ourselves. Apologizing can be a difficult thing to do, but it is often the most effective way of resolving a disagreement and allowing both parties to move forward without holding onto grudges or ill-feelings. By taking this step, we can open up the possibility for healing and understanding.
Pin this post to save it for Later!
We hope these I’m sorry quotes have been of assistance to you as you express your heartfelt apology. May these words bring comfort, healing, and peace to all those involved.
You may also like: