Animals are faithful everyday companions, their love is constantly soothing us and their loss can be just as devastating as the loss of any human friend.
Below we have provided some words of solace that you can impart on someone suffering from the demise of a beloved pet.
- I want you to know I understand what you are going through and sympathize with your loss. I am also praying you will get over all of this soon. Take care, my dear.
- I know what your beloved cat meant to you and I am sorry to see him go, but I hope you still have room in your heart to adopt and raise more cats, as I’m sure they could use your love and support.
- Anyone who does not understand the pain you are going through simply never had a pet like yours. Get well soon.
- Losing a member of your family is always difficult. Take care, and I hope to see you back to normal soon.
- I know your relationship with your dog was a lot deeper than people realize. The pain of this loss will be felt for a long time but I want you to know that I’m here for you!
- I understand the type of support your pet provided and fully sympathize with your loss. And remember that I am will always be here for you if you need me.
- I know that your pet can never be replaced, but we have already begun the search of looking for a new companion for you. We all admire your strength during these difficult times and pray that God strengthens you even more.
- Whether human or pet, a friend is a friend, and I am sorry for the transitioning of yours.
- From the bottom of my heart, I sympathize with you over the loss of your dearest dog. And do know that I am just a phone call away if you need me.
- May sweet recollections of your pet’s love fill you with a lifetime of pleasant memories. We will all miss him.
- I am looking forward to spending some relaxing time with you and remembering your pet. Take care, dear friend.
- It is only appropriate that your pet get some kind of tribute when he is buried. I will see you there. And if your emotions overwhelm you, know that I am always here to support you because your grief is my grief also.
- Words can’t express how sorry my heart feels hearing about the demise of your wonderful pet. Please, accept my deepest sympathy and condolences.
- Today, we are going to go out and have a few drinks in memory of your pet – all my treat, of course.
- One pet has moved on from us, but there are many others whose survival may depend on your love. I am sorry for your loss and hope you find a new companion soon!
- I can understand why you may have loved that pet more than some people you know, and even if they don’t consider your pain, I want you to know that I am always here to offer a hug.
- Sorry about the death in the family, and I have the link to a great pet loss group if you need such. Take care.
- Sorry for the loss of your adorable pet. May God help you in dealing with your pain. You are not alone, my dear.
- Death is part of the circle of life, and today we celebrate and appreciate the joy your pet brought to ours instead of focusing on our loss.
- Only such a beautiful child as yourself would mourn the death of a pet like this. We also feel sorry about your animal friend, dear.
- It is not your fault your pet died. Rather you are the reason he had a healthy, joyful life where he brought smiles to all of our faces. We shall never ever stop missing him.
- Sorry that your pet had to go so soon. He was a friend that will be remembered all of our days.
- I never understood how smart animals could be until I watched you with your pet. It is so sad that God had to call him to heaven.
- I would also be upset if I lost a pet as cool as your own. Take your time with getting over this loss. And remember that my I’m a pillar of support you can always rely on.
- I know that these moments right after losing a friend are going to be difficult, but I also know you will get over your grief and come to appreciate the love your animal friend brought into our lives.
- If need be, I implore you to take time off from work and spend the next few days at home or at my place to help get over your loss.
- Grieving over the death of a friend, no matter what species he may come in, is nothing to be ashamed of. I feel your loss and wish you a speedy recovery.
- You need to take time to grieve and get over your loss. [Name of Pet] would not have wanted to see you like this. He is just happy to have had the opportunity to bring so much joy into your life.
- I know that losing your pet was like losing a family member, and for whatever it is worth I want to extend my condolences.
- I love you for respecting all forms of life and realizing an animal friend is still a friend. Thank goodness that the joyful memories of his life still lives on in us.
- It is natural for humans to bond with some animals, and I know I may not be able to fully understand what you are going through, but I do feel your pain and wish upon you an expedient healing process.
- Your cat lived a wonderful life. Even though now is a time for mourning, you should also feel proud about how well you took care of and made her happy.
- I know that the way you are handling this situation is a surprise to both of us, but I am confident the small burial we have planned will help you get over the pain. She will be sorely missed for a long time!
- I am always here if you need someone to talk to, to share in your smiles and fond memories of a missed friend.
You may also want to refer to the American Veterinary Medical Association for more advice about coping with the loss of a pet.
You may also like: