You’re a Star! | The Brightest Happy Birthday Quotes
Everyone wants to say just the right thing to those closest to them on their birthdays, so much so that one can often have a serious dilemma in deciding exactly what to say.
That is why this resource is so helpful. It is full of fun and witty quotes that you can either send directly to your loved ones or modify to make your own. With this list, you no longer have to struggle to find just the right words. Instead, simply scroll through to find the perfect quote (original or famous) that captures the way you feel about that special birthday friend or relative eating their birthday cake.
Inspirational Birthday Greetings for Friends
These are great quotes to share with those to whom you want to give encouragement as they enter their next year of life.
- This world has never and will never know another you. If that isn’t something to celebrate, then I don’t know what is.
- Make a wish, blow out your candles, then go out and work hard to make your wishes come true.
- This world would not be the place it is today if you were not in it. So happy to celebrate another year of you.
- This year is going to be your best year yet. I know it. Have a great birthday and count your blessings ahead.
- No matter the struggles of the past, you have it in you to make this year great. Have a wonderful birthday and a happy year.
- Make your next year whatever you want it to be. You can do it – I believe in you. Good luck with everything you do.
- As nice as they are, you don’t need a bunch of compliments on your special day: deep down you know that you are a great friend, truly special and loved.
- On your birthday celebration, I want you to remember that you are a bright star. Let people give you love and keep shining through anything.
- Making it through another year on this crazy earth is cause to celebrate, but having done so with such grace is an even greater accomplishment. Congratulations on a great year. May you have many more ahead.
- Inspirational Birthday Wishes | Messages to Motivate and Celebrate
Funny Birthday Messages
Funny quotes are great to share with good friends on their birthdays.
- Another year older, another year… just older.
- Don’t worry: just like taxes, check-ups, and tab renewals, birthdays only happen once a year. Try to enjoy it, or just be happy it is almost over.
- Make sure you eat an egg-cellent breakfast before you par-tea! Donut forget to have a hap-pea birthday!
- You are sweet as honey on this, your bee-day.
- Hooray! The day when you’re reminded that you are older than you’ve ever been in your whole life! You have literally never been so far from youth!
- Every day you are older than the day before, but today is special: now you are a whole year older than you were yesterday.
- Yesterday you were just 364/365ths of a year older. Now you’ve done the whole thing and you deserve a 24-hour birthday party.
- They say that time flies when you’re having fun. You must have been having fun for a looooong time.
- On this day in history, you transitioned from existing in a tiny, unlit indoor sack of water to living in the bright wide world. You’ve come a long way.
- On this special day, I wish you great mirth, no unnecessary girth, a visit from Colin Firth, and a healthy stay on Earth. Oh yeah, and a terrific celebration of your birth.
- Cracking a Birthday Joke | Huge List of Funny Birthday Messages and Wishes
Birthday Messages for your Mother and Father
Finding the right words for moms and dads can be difficult. This list helps make it a little easier.
- As I get older and see so many kids with absent parents, I grow more and more thankful for how present my parents have always been in my life. Happy birthday to the best parent in the world!
- You made all of my birthdays special when I was growing up. I hope yours this year is every bit as magical. You deserve it.
- Three cheers for the most supportive and loving parent a kid could ever ask for! Celebrate well — you have much to celebrate.
- You made me feel like a star every day; today is my chance to let you shine. Enjoy your big day.
- This year I am sending you an extra big happy birthday to make up for all those years when I was a kid and didn’t even know moms and dads had birthdays, too.
- Thank you for always celebrating me with such joy and love. You deserve the same on your birthday, and every day. Happy birthday, dad!
- Happy birthday to the one who rocked me to sleep, fed me, helped me, cleaned me, and showed me how to love unconditionally.
- You have given me life, you have taught me well, and you have trusted me. Thank you for always being there for me and for letting me grow.
- Even when you didn’t know it, I have always looked up to you. You have been the best of role model and the best parent ever. You deserve all the best on your special day.
- Best Mom in the World | Birthday Wishes for your Mother | Birthday Greetings for Dad | Joyful Wishes for your Father
Birthday Greetings for your Sister
These quotes are great for the sister who you want to show that you care.
- It is such an amazing privilege to watch my sister mature year by year into the remarkable woman she is. Here’s to many more years of learning, living, and growing!
- My dear sister, you have grown more and more beautiful with every year I have known you.
- When I was a kid, I thought you were cool. As a teen, I thought you were even cooler. Now I see you are simply the coolest. I can’t even imagine how you’ll seem to me ten birthdays from now — mind-blowingly cool, I’m sure.
- You deserve all the best on your birthday. You are truly special and loved, and I’m wishing you the very best.
- I can’t express how happy I am that you are my sister and that today we get to celebrate how wonderful it is that you were born.
- Your warmth, compassion, and grace have taught me so much about how to be a better person. Happiest of birthdays to the best of sisters and the best of women.
- I can’t imagine having gone through life with a more trustworthy accomplice and friend than you, sister. I am so glad to be celebrating another year of your life today.
- You have always known how to put a smile on my face. I am so thankful that you are my sister. Have a fun day full of smiles.
- As far as sisters go, I hit the jackpot. Here’s to hoping you have a winning day.
- You may have drove me a little crazy sometimes, but I wouldn’t trade one minute with you for any other sister in the world. Have an amazing day, and try to stay out of trouble.
- Sisters are Forever | Birthday Wishes for your Sister
Birthday Wishes for your Brother
Any brother would love to hear these birthday wishes from a sibling.
- You have always looked out for me and been there when I needed a friend. I am so happy to celebrate you, my beloved brother.
- You have always been not only my brother, but also my dear friend. Happy birthday to the best of both.
- Brother, you are my favorite person to laugh with, and you always know how to cheer me up. Thank you for being a bright ray of sunshine in a world that is often dark. Have an amazing and wonderful day.
- Always there for a laugh, a game, or a hug, you have been the best brother, and I am so happy to celebrate you on your birthday. Have an amazing day!
- We may have kicked hard, bit hard, and yelled hard, but we also always loved hard. I am so glad you are my brother. Have a spectacular birthday.
- Bro, you are the man. I have always admired you, and I always will. Stay awesome, and enjoy your birthday.
- Having a brother is like having a built-in best friend that you get to live with, eat with, fight with, and play with all the time. I am so lucky to have you as that friend and brother. Happy birthday.
- I can’t imagine growing up without you. You are an inspiration to our family and have always been the best brother anyone could ask for. You deserve to have the best of birthdays this year, and forever more.
- Happy Birthday, Bro! | Best Birthday Wishes for your Brother
Birthday Greetings for your Son
Sharing kind words like these with your son can be an impactful experience.
- Your beautiful face has warmed my heart since the day you were born. I am happy to remember and celebrate all the birthdays and everything in between from that moment to now.
- I have wanted to stop time at every one of your giggles, your smiles, and your hugs, but on this, your birthday, I am so proud that you kept growing to become the man you are. Happy birthday.
- You have grown from an adorable baby, to a curious toddler, an energetic child, an inquisitive teenager, and now, an amazing man. Happy birthday to you, my son. Always keep growing.
- Remembering the magical first day of your life on this, your birthday. How special that you were given to us. I love you, son.
- Every day I think of how proud I am of you and how much I have enjoyed watching you grow into a man. Today especially I celebrate the special person you have become. Happy birthday, son.
- I always knew having a son would be wonderful, but I couldn’t imagine until I met you just how rewarding it would be. I love you so much, and I am thankful for you today and every day. Have an amazing celebration.
- Even though you are all grown, I can still imagine holding you in my arms. No matter how many birthdays come and go, you are still my baby boy.
- Each year on your birthday, I am reminded just how lucky I was the day you were born, to be blessed with a healthy, beautiful, and wonderful son. What a joy you are.
- No matter how far apart we are, we are always connected through love. Thank you for all the childhood memories, I hope you know how much I love you today and every day.
- Blessings from the Heart | Happy Birthday Prayers
Birthday Messages for your Daughter
Every daughter wants to hear positive and encouraging words on her birthday.
- From the day you were born, you have been my sunshine. I hope that your day is just as sunny as you have made mine.
- You are so special and sweet to me. I can’t imagine any year without you in it. Happy birthday to my darling daughter.
- I hope your day is filled with joy, laughter, love and happiness; you deserve it. Best wishes for your special day, and may all your dreams come true.
- A daughter is as precious as diamonds, as strong as a rock, and as bright as a star. To me, you are the most precious, the strongest, and the brightest of them all. Happy birthday.
- Your life and vivacity always amaze me and make me smile. I hope your special day brings just as much joy and happiness for you as you have always brought to me.
- As a little girl, you wowed me with your spark and wit. Now, as a woman, you wow the world with your wisdom and passion. I love you so much and have been so blessed to be there for this and every other of your birthdays. What a pleasure it has been seeing you grow.
- Even though your birthday only comes once a year, I think you are special and worthy to be celebrated every day.
- No matter how many birthdays go by, you will always be my little girl. Happy Birthday, my dear!
- Happy Birthday, my Sweet Daughter! | Wishes for Daughters of All Ages
Famous Birthday Quotes
- A birthday is just another day where you go to work and people give you love. Age is just a state of mind, and you are as old as you think you are. You have to count your blessings and be happy. – Abhishek Bachchan
- Life is very short, and there’s no time for fussing and fighting, my friend. The Beatles
- Age and size are only numbers. It’s the attitude you bring to clothes that make the difference. – Donna Karan
- Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter. – Mark Twain
- And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln
- I remember when the candle shop burned down. Everyone stood around singing ‘Happy Birthday.’ Steven Wright
- Live long and prosper. Mr. Spock
- To me, fair friend, you never can be old, For as you were when first your eye I eye’d, Such seems your beauty still. – William Shakespeare
- The old believe everything; the middle-aged suspect everything; the young know everything. – Oscar Wilde