Breakup Quotes | Messages to Send When It’s Over
A breakup is often a big blow to many a romantic relationship. Suddenly letting someone you loved out of your life after a long time of being with them isn’t the most pleasant of experiences. But whether we like it or not, falling apart does indeed happen in relationships, and when it happens, there is the need for us to pick ourselves up and move on in life.
Here you’ll find an original compilation of some of the most touching breakup quotes that you can come across on the web. Use any of these well-written messages to bring an end to that relationship once and for all so you can move on with your life and chase after your goals and dreams.
Break up messages for him
- Relationships are supposed to be a give-and-take affair, but ours wasn’t. I’m sorry I cannot be with someone who always takes without giving.
- I would rather bear the bitterness of a heartbreak than to embrace the falsehood upon which our relationship was built.
- I am breaking up with you because you always took my love for granted and brought tears to my eyes. I forgive you for all the pains you have caused me, but I can’t continue being with you. I wish you the best in life.
- I’d rather be happy alone than be with someone who makes me cry every single day. Goodbye.
- All I ever did was treat you with love and respect, and all you ever did was disrespect and hurt me. I’m sorry, baby, but much as I love you, I can’t continue being with you any longer. Goodbye, and take care.
- I understand it if you say you never changed because you were a wolf in a sheep skin in our relationship.
- Just like the way I followed my heart to yours when I fell in love with you, I choose to walk out of the same door since you decided to cause me pain.
- It is not that you don’t deserve to be loved. I don’t deserve to be treated badly either. Goodbye.
- I took our relationship as my whole world, you took it as a gamble.
- I hope you don’t curse yourself for pushing me away when you realize one day that the love I had for you was real.
- Break ups are the right medicines that cure you from diseased relationships. Our relationship was sick, and breaking up was the right medicine.
- There was nothing on Earth that I didn’t do to please you. Now I have come to realize that there’s nothing I can ever do to be good enough for you, and that is why I’m leaving you. I hope that someday you find someone who is good enough to be with you. So long, baby.
- Being with you has caused me so much pain. Maybe it was a mistake. Maybe it wasn’t. But I’m not doing this again. Goodbye.
- I’m walking away and this time I’m not going to look back because I’m tired of all the fighting, lies and pains. I deserve someone who would treat me with respect and love.
- I wish you find someone who will love you the way you want, I tried my best but pain is all I got. Goodbye.
- I am not a fan of giving up but I want to win by losing you.
- Selfishness and love are not bed fellows, and that is the reason why we cannot be together anymore.
- If only I could turn back the hands of time, I would have stopped myself from following my heart and loving you, but I guess it’s too late now.
- While I was busy loving and caring for you with all my heart, you were busy constantly looking for my faults and pointing them out to me. I hope you find someone without any faults to love you as much as I did.
Breakup Messages for her
- I had only one thing in mind in our relationship, you. Funny enough we both had the same thoughts.
- Our breakup is a bitter pill to swallow but I will be cured of the toxicity our relationship has brought to me.
- Walking away was the last thing on my mind a year ago, now it is the first thing on my mind.
- You were bent on always pointing out my mistakes and turning me into the perfect boyfriend whilst I was ready to embrace the imperfections in our relationship. That’s simply the reason why I had to leave.
- Our relationship meant the whole world to me but unfortunately it never meant a dime to you.
- I loved you for who you were but you loved me for who you wanted me to be. That’s why I had to walk away from our relationship.
- It is sad to see a rainy ending to a perfect day, but I’m sure the pain you caused me will be washed away someday.
- It’s time to face reality and wake up from slumbering in your lies. Goodbye.
- It’s okay to sleep with a broken heart. I hope I wake up to see it mended.
- Our relationship might be over, but that doesn’t mean we should cut each other from our lives.
- I’m grateful for our relationship. It is rather unfortunate that our hearts were not meant for each other.
- All I wanted was someone who could understand me. I guess you were never ready to read my heart.
- The die is cast, and it is time to say goodbye to pain and tears and look somewhere else to seek happiness.
- We could have worked it out, but neither of us seemed to be ready to compromise. It’s a shame that something so beautiful turned so ugly.
- We allowed egos to rule our relationships and became servants to our pride. A breakup could have easily been avoided, but it is too late for us.
- Things just keep getting worse and worse with the every new day that comes. I guess this love is not worth fighting for again. Goodbye.
- I choose to walk away from this relationship not because I’m a coward but because I deserve to be treated with dignity. Goodbye.
- If this is the bitterness that accompanies love, then I prefer to be alone than to be loved by you. Life is too short to live a miserable life. Bye.
You may find interesting: