It’s your friend’s birthday, and birthdays are certainly important. Thus, you want to post the right words on his or her social media page. Or you wish to send that person the right text message to create a heartfelt moment. However, wishing can be challenging. How do you find those right words? After all, you may have shared a great many birthday messages in the past. How do you keep from repeating yourself over and over again?
Hopefully, the collection of messages below, arranged in several categories, will give you some new ideas and some inspiration. In the end, the perfect sentiment can be as gratifying as any birthday present.
- 1 Short Happy Birthday Quotes for a Friend
- 2 Happy Birthday, Dear Friend!
- 3 Happy Birthday, Old Friend
- 4 Unique Happy Birthday Wishes for Friends
- 5 Happy Birthday to a Far Away Friend
- 6 What to Write in a Birthday Card for a Friend
- 7 Happy Birthday, Beautiful Friend!
- 8 Birthday Sayings for Friends
- 9 Famous Birthday Quotes for Friends
Short Happy Birthday Quotes for a Friend
These short, sweet and snappy messages will make all your friends feel special.
- Wishing you the ultimate in birthday thrills and chills.
- May your birthday be unforgettable.
- Wishing you birthday magic and unicorn sprinkles.
- May your day be full of bountiful birthday love.
- Hope your birthday is off-the-charts amazing.
- Sending you humongous birthday hugs.
- I’m celebrating your birthday, and you should, too.
- May this birthday be a fabulous celebration of you.
- Wishing you a mind-blowing birthday and a truckload of presents.
- For all that you do, I appreciate you: Happy Birthday to You.
- Sending you a virtual hot fudge birthday sundae with an epic cherry on top.
- May your birthday bring you cake, candles and a year when all your most cherished dreams come true.
- Hope you are rocking your birthday by doing whatever you want.
- May your fondest hopes and dreams become real on your birthday.
- Sending you birthday love galore and more hugs than you can count.
- I hope you have an amazeballs kind of birthday.
- May your birthday be superb and your presents extraordinary.
- Sending you smooches on your special day.
- Wishing you the best badass birthday ever.
- Sending you happy high-five birthday vibes and warm fuzzy feels.
- Hoping your birthday blessings greatly exceed your expectations.
- Big wishes for a birthday that’s better than ice cream.
- Wishing you a birthday that’s perfect from start to finish.
- May your special day be everything you want, and may you be blessed with everything you need.
- Wishing you a slice of heaven on your birthday and a cake with extra ice cream.
- Sending you a big barrel of love today and hoping your birthday is as terrific as you are.
- Wishing you the sun, the moon and the stars for your birthday.
Happy Birthday, Dear Friend!
These thoughts should work well for a close friend, if not necessarily your best friend.
- Happy birthday to a person who makes so many other people happy throughout the year — and I’m definitely one of them!
- It’s a cliche to say someone keeps getting better with age. But, in your case, it’s also the absolute truth. Have a birthday for the ages!
- The year ahead is sure to contain new adventures, new discoveries, and a lot of surprises. I can’t wait to share the journey with you every step of the way.
- I hope you receive lots of great gifts this year. And know that being your friend is one of the greatest gifts that I’ve ever received.
- I hope all of your birthday wishes come true. And if they do, please wish a million dollars for me next year!
- You have something in common with your birthday candles: You light up a room. And you have something in common with your cake: You’re as sweet as could be!
- This year I’m sending you plenty of warm thoughts and smiles. It’s cheaper than sending you a new car.
- What do wine, pizza, chocolate, and you have in common? I wouldn’t want to live without any of them! Have the best of birthdays, my friend.
- Posting on social media is better than sending a birthday card. No one’s disappointed finding out there’s no cash. Anyway, have a terrific birthday!
- This morning, I woke up with a song in my heart. And then I realized why: It’s your birthday! Have an excellent one.
- I know you’re getting tons of social media posts today, so I’ll keep mine as short and simple as I can: I love you.
Happy Birthday, Old Friend
Here are some touching thoughts for those who go way back: childhood friends, old classmates, longtime colleagues, and so forth.
- Do you remember the day we met? I don’t. All I know is this: At some point we became friends, and then we became inseparable. On your birthday, remembering the times I’ve spent with you fills me with delight.
- I wish you all the love in the world on your birthday — oh, and a new coffeemaker as well!
- Am I thinking about you today because it’s your birthday? Actually, I’m not. I’d be thinking about you today even if it wasn’t your birthday. Have a good one anyway!
- When I look back on the most joyous days of my life, they usually have one thing in common: You were a part of them. Happy birthday, my friend!
- Sure, we go back many years and many birthdays. However, I’m confident that, for the two of us, the best is still ahead.
- A birthday is a time of renewal, a time of hope, and a time to hear from those who love you. In fact, whenever I’m with you, I feel like it’s my birthday.
- You’ve always been a rock to me: kind, dependable, smart, funny, and willing to lend a sympathetic ear. I’m so fortunate to call you my friend — and so fortunate I can call you on the phone. Happy, happy birthday!
- I love being Robin to your Batman, Chewbacca to your Han Solo, and Silver to your Lone Ranger. Let’s keep this awesome partnership going for a long time, my super birthday friend!
- You know me: I never need an excuse to party. But, in honor of you and your birthday, I’m ready to party extra hard today.
- The day of your birth is definitely a day worth celebrating. I’m so thankful to know you, and I wouldn’t want to live my life without you.
- There are two days that I’m especially grateful for: the day you were born and the day we first met. Today, I’m celebrating them both!
Unique Happy Birthday Wishes for Friends
If you want to give someone motivation and reassurance, you won’t go wrong with the following lines.
- No one knows what the year ahead will bring. But here’s hoping that every new day will give you at least a few reasons to smile. Have a great birthday.
- I hope your birthday is happy, and I hope you have many, many happy birthdays after that. Thank you for being such a great friend and such a great person!
- Birthdays come and go — and lately, it seems like they come and go faster and faster. Yet, through it all, our friendship endures and grows ever more beautiful, just like you.
- It’s not the years that matter; it’s the happy moments. Here’s wishing you a great many more of them.
- Yes, we all get older, but we don’t all do so with as much style and grace as you. Rock on, birthday pal!
- Every year that passes is an accomplishment and a triumph, and I’m so glad you’ve scored another victory.
- You’ve always been a kind, thoughtful, and caring person. You’ve always made everyone’s life better. And I’m so blessed that you’ve always been my friend.
- You’re always thinking of others before yourself. Today, let everyone else do nice things for you. And be aware of how treasured you really are.
- When I stop to think about the happiest events of my life, I realize that you made so many of them happier just by being there. And here’s the most exciting thing of all: We’re just getting started! Happy b’day.
- Whenever I want to do the right thing or be a better person, I just have to ask myself: What would you do? Thank you for setting a fantastic example and for just being you, and have an outstanding birthday.
- Here on social media, I raise a digital glass to you and offer a virtual toast: You are selfless, priceless, and flawless, and I’m honored to know you.
Happy Birthday to a Far Away Friend
You can shorten the miles with these birthday greetings to long-distance friends.
- The bad news: I’m far away from you on your birthday. The good news: True friendships like ours know no distance. Have an outstanding day!
- Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Until then, I hope this post brings you a little extra birthday cheer.
- If your birthday is even half as sweet and fun as you are, you’re going to have one awesome day!
- I wish I could be there for your big day. Just know that I’ll be thinking of you and wishing you the best today and all through the year.
- Hope you’re spending your birthday with the people you love the most — minus me, of course!
- Hey, look on the bright side: You’ll never be this young again. Well, maybe that’s not the bright side, but happy birthday anyway!
- I wish I could be there in person to celebrate your special day with you. But, while the distance may physically separate us, it can’t make me feel any less close to you.
- A quiet night at home? A wild party that rages on into the night? Whatever your plans might be, I hope you have a day you’ll long remember, one that’ll remind you how special you are.
- Given how far apart we are, you’re obligated to post as many social media photos of your birthday party as humanly possible. Have an outstanding day, my friend!
- Thank goodness for phone calls, text messages, social media, and fond memories. They help me forget how far away you are. I’m eagerly awaiting our next visit, and I’m wishing you the most joyful birthday of all time.
- Who says we have a long-distance friendship? I’m with you in spirit, and you’re right here in my heart. Enjoy your day!
What to Write in a Birthday Card for a Friend
If you love the old-fashioned personal touch of a birthday card, here are a few shorter messages that will look great in your own handwriting.
- I hope you’ve just had the best year ever. And I hope this year is even better than that!
- On your birthday and on every day, may fortune smile on you from sunrise to sunset.
- May your birthday gifts include health, love, and fulfillment. Here’s to you, my friend!
- Have I ever told you that I love you? On your birthday, it’s worth repeating.
- Where would I be without you? I don’t want to think about it. Instead, let me offer my warmest birthday wishes.
- On your birthday and every day, I’m so proud to be your friend.
- Thanks for always being there for me, and know that I’m always here for you.
- You’re the best, and you deserve nothing but the best on your big day.
- I hope you know how appreciated you are. It’s impossible to put into words.
- This is your day — make it wild, and do whatever you want. Love ya!
- Here’s a good idea: Let’s be friends forever. Happy birthday!
Happy Birthday, Beautiful Friend!
Here are some distinctive birthday greetings to tell your friends how beautiful they are.
- It’s your birthday, gorgeous. Let’s celebrate you.
- Sending warm and fuzzy feels and hoping your birthday is as beautiful as you are.
- When it comes to charm, you’ve got it. May you charm everyone’s socks off on your birthday.
- Wishing you a birthday fit for a princess.
- Sending big birthday wishes to my beautiful friend. You’ll always be world-class gorgeous.
- Wishing the happiest birthday imaginable to the handsomest man I know.
- Sending warm and fuzzy birthday hugs to my exquisite and mesmerizing friend. I love you inside and out.
- Hope your special day is a celebration of how adorable you are. You have the kind of beauty that lasts forever.
- Happiest of happy days to the most stunning creature I know. Keep on shining, sweetheart. I love you.
- Sending sweet birthday wishes to my glamorous, high-styling and alluring friend. May your celebrations be as elegant as you are.
- Happy, happy, happy vibes to my dashing friend on his birthday. May you drink from the chalice of eternal youth.
- Sending a love overload to the prettiest birthday girl I know.
- Wishing the happiest of birthdays to my funny, fetching and bedazzling friend.
- May you dazzle the crowds on your birthday, and may the festivities be pure magic.
- Wishing my superhero an enchanted birthday, magnificent presents and so much love.
- Happy thoughts to a true glamour girl on her birthday. May you be forever young and beautiful.
Birthday Sayings for Friends
Here we present some ideas that are based on time-honored, tried-and-true birthday sentiments.
- If wisdom comes with age, I’d say we’re both getting to be pretty darn wise. Happy birthday to my fellow sage!
- Hope today gives you the biggest piece of cake, the most enormous presents, and the most fun times you can imagine. You deserve all of that and more.
- You’re forever young and forever fun. Gee, it’s no wonder we’re friends: We’re so much alike. The happiest of birthdays to you!
- You don’t need any birthday candles; you’re already on fire. Have a great one!
- May all your birthday wishes come true this year — and may you receive a few wishes you didn’t even think of!
- On this day, I hope you pause and think about all the people who love, respect, admire, and cherish you. Of course, that’ll take you a long time!
- With each new year come new things to be thankful for. Hope you’ve got a gratitude-filled day ahead of you. You’re the greatest.
- Is it just me, or do you get smarter and more incredible each year? Someday, I’ll figure out how you do it. Until then, enjoy your birthday.
- When it’s your birthday, you get to be king/queen for the day. Long may you reign.
- Always remember that age is just a number. At this point, it might be a really big number, but at least you’re getting cake.
Famous Birthday Quotes for Friends
Very few days pass without us remembering the true value of good friends. This common wisdom has never been trivial; in fact, famous authors, poets, playwrights, and other intellectuals have repeatedly stressed the importance of friendship throughout the years, often dedicating entire works of theirs to the meaning of friendly bonding.
- A good friend is like a four leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have. Irish Proverb
- True friends are like diamonds – bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style. – Nicole Richie
- We’ll be friends forever, won’t we, Pooh?” Asked Piglet. “Even longer,” Pooh answered. – Winnie The Pooh
- A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world. Leo Buscaglia
- A sweet friendship refreshes the soul. Proverbs 27:9
- Friends are medicine for a wounded heart, and vitamins for a hopeful soul. Steve Maraboli
- I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light. Helen Keller
- Some people go to priests. Others to poetry. I to my friends. Virginia Woolf
- No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow. Alice Walker
- Some people arrive and make such a beautiful impact on your life, you can barely remember what life was like without them. Anna Taylor
- The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart. Elizabeth Foley
- Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes. Henry David Thoreau
- A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow. William Shakespeare
- A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. Jim Morrison
- A friend is someone who makes it easy to believe in yourself. Heidi Wills
- Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends. The Beatles
- Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend. Albert Camus
- Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born. Anais Nin
- Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you. William Arthur Ward
- For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”- Audrey Hepburn
- Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer. Ed Cunningham
- Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I’m glad for that. Ally Condie
- In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, for in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed. Khalil Gibran
- Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. Marcel Proust
- Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose. Tennessee Williams
- Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down. Oprah Winfrey
- No friendship is an accident. – O. Henry, Heart of the West
- Some souls just understand each other upon meeting. – N.R. Hart
- There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate. Linda Grayson
- To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world. Brandi Snyder
- A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him I may think aloud. I am arrived at last in the presence of a man so real and equal, that I may drop even those undermost garments of dissimulation, courtesy, and second thought, which men never put off, and may deal with him with the simplicity and wholeness with which one chemical atom meets another. Ralph Waldo Emerson
You may also like:
99 Instagram Captions for Photos with Friends or the Squad
Your LOL Message! | Funny Birthday Wishes for a Friend
Friends Forever | Happy Birthday to my Best Friend
200 of the Best Birthday Messages to Make Someone’s Day Special
My Most Precious Feelings | 110+ Unique Romantic Birthday Wishes for my Lover