The Big 4-0 | 40 Happy 40th Birthday Wishes
All birthdays are special events, but certain milestone birthdays, such as turning 40, certainly deserve recognition and acknowledgement. What better way than to send a text, private message, or social media post to those special birthday gals and guys in your life?
Of course, sometimes the thought doesn’t translate into having the exact tangible words to type out, right? We offer you this collection of funny, gender-specific, and quotable birthday wordings to send that perfect 40th birthday tiding.
Funny 40th Birthday Wishes
Add a little humor to those birthday wishes for someone turning 40-years-old.
- You do know that you’ve entered the 4Ts club – terrific, triumphant, talented, and timeless? Happiest birthday blessings to you until you get to the 5Ts, which adds tattered.
- According to Facebook, 40 is the new 30, and we all know everything you read on Facebook is true. Have a spectacular birthday!
- So, your new f-word is forty. Congrats, and enjoy this fantastic decade!
- It could always be worse… You could be 40 in dog years. Happy comparatively young birthday!
- Look on the bright side. You spent 40 years climbing up the hill, and now you get to slide down it!
- Happy Big Forty, and welcome to the yearly recommended colonoscopy and this and that screening club for every disease imaginable.
- Welcome to your 40s, the only decade you’ll have where you’re old enough to have figured out what you want and still young enough to carry it to the car unassisted.
- If you’re finding turning 40 hard to swallow, just wait until your doctor starts adding pills to it. Happiest of birthdays to you!
- Happiest day to you, and don’t be blue about the forties. It may sound cheesy, but age only matters if you’re cheese, especially if you’re blue.
- 40!!!! Such an exciting milestone birthday, but just don’t try to run the entire mile with the actual stone because you’re just too old now for that much excitement.
- It’s your b-day, and you’ve now lived 21,024,000 minutes. Yeah, I thought that would make 40 years sound better.
Happy 40th Birthday Messages for Her
Use one of these for a female turning the big 4-0.
- For she’s a jolly good gal, and nobody makes 40 look lovelier. Dearest birthday wishes to you, my dear.
- Notice how forty drops the u? Yeah, it’s completely symbolic, but I hope you still have yourself a fantastic u-centered birthday.
- Putting the four T’s in this big birthday… tasteful, talented, thriving, and totally killing life!
- It’s really not fair that you make turning four decades old look like it was done by two 20-year-olds. Birthday love from me to you.
- I thought only guys looked better with age after 39? Here’s to yet another way you’re breaking the molds, birthday girl.
- Remember, that you’re a beautiful soul inside and out no matter if it’s 40 you’re turning or 80. Enjoy every second of this sweet birthday.
- You do realize that looking this fab at forty is the only gift you’re getting, right? Enjoy!
- Hope your special 4th decade birthday is just as special as you are, lady.
Happy 40th Birthday Messages for Him
Use one of these when he’s turning 40 on his birthday.
- No guy’s 40th birthday is complete without the perfunctory grey hair mirror check. Have an awesome day of paranoia and celebration!
- Congrats on four decades of complete awesomeness! Just don’t blow too hard on the candles and catch someone afire.
- Lordy, are you really forty? Don’t worry… I’ll keep that story of glory to myself.
- You’ve reached the 4 to the 0 birthday! Congrats on finally getting something 4.0 in your life!
- May you’re milestone fortieth be the best decade yet for you. Best wishes for the best fella I know.
- No, I’m not going to call you the f-word. I’ll just wish you the best in the interim of 30 and 50.
- Happiest of birthday wishes, you amazingly cool guy! Hope it’s one for the books.
- Happy 20th anniversary of turning 20, my man. That sounds better, right?
- Welcome to officially being an “older” good looking dude. May you enjoy your time before you become an ancient or once upon a time good looking dude.
- At the risk of getting a denture and cane thrown at me, I just wanted to tell you how glad I am that you made it to blow out 40 candles on your birthday cake without the need for an oxygen tank.
Inspirational 40th Birthday Quotes To A Friend
Try one of these quotes to sum up a friend’s 40th birthday greetings.
- Many wise men have said that one shouldn’t count their years, but, instead, they should make their years count. Remember this as you blow out your 40 candles this year.
- As you reach forty, live by the adage that what matters most is the life in each of your years, not the number ahead or behind your birthdays.
- Barclay said that our two greatest days are the day we are born and the day we discover why we are born. You’ve made both look so grand and easy.
- According to Shirley Bassey, “You don’t get older, you get better.” Here’s to achieving both!
- Happy moments are a cushion for old age, or so goes the saying. At forty, I hope your cushion is already overstuffed!
- Sammy Hagar said that each birthday is a chance to start new. I can’t wait to see what new things forty and beyond hold for you.
- Satchel Paige asked the most profound birthday question ever, and I’ll ask it of you this 40th year in age: “How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?”
- Bob Hope’s litmus test for old age was when the candles become more expensive than the cake. Takeaway – get an expensive cake and cheap candles!
You may also like: