That Noble Feeling | 50 Kindness Quotes
What a wonderful world it would be if all people acted in generosity and consideration for everyone around them! Being considerate may seem quite simple yet it is becoming more rare. Many cultures and religions value such virtues, however in modern societies many have forgotten what basic good manners might be like. This quality of being friendly, generous and considerate is not as popular as one may seem. Communicating with affection towards a neighbor, a family member or any fellow city-dweller can only result in a better society. In fact, one may gain much more from being kind and can make relationships stronger and gives a sense of satisfaction as we are profoundly social and caring species. With the ups and downs in life, as sometimes the downs may be more frequent, being friendly may not be the first expressed attitude, however we must all make an effort to keep in touch with our sensitive and affectionate side so as to always be connected with the good in our nature. Keeping in touch, celebrating someone you love, giving honest compliments and expressing how special someone is to us are all should become part of our daily life. Moreover, giving a helping hand to the elderly, sharing, donating and much more, are things that will give us all a sense of bonding as human beings.
Here you will find different quotes on how important it is to be the best we can be and inspire others to do the same. It’s always a good idea to remind ourselves and others the significance of being considerate.
Quotes on Kindness
- Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind. Henry James.
- Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. Desmond Tutu.
- The truth, he thought, has never been of any real value to any human being – it is a symbol for mathematicians and philosophers to pursue. In human relations kindness and lies are worth a thousand truths. Graham Greene.
- The various features and aspects of human life, such as longevity, good health, success, happiness, and so forth, which we consider desirable, are all dependent on kindness and a good heart. Dalai Lama XIV.
- Don’t be reckless with other people’s hearts, and don’t put up with people that are reckless with yours. Mary Schmich.
- Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness. George Sand.
- Life is mostly froth and bubble,
Two things stand like stone.
Kindness in another’ s trouble,
Courage in your own.
Adam Lindsay Gordon
- The simplest acts of kindness are by far more powerful then a thousand heads bowing in prayer. Mahatma Gandhi.
- The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole,but true beauty in a Woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she knows. Audrey Hepburn.
- You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late. Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- sk yourself: Have you been kind today? Make kindness your daily modus operandi and change your world. Annie Lennox
- It’s a little embarrassing that after 45 years of research & study, the best advice I can give people is to be a little kinder to each other. Aldous Huxley.
- Kindness, I’ve discovered, is everything in life. Isaac Bashevis Singer.
- Conquer the angry one by not getting angry; conquer the wicked by goodness; conquer the stingy by generosity, and the liar by speaking the truth. Gautama Buddha.
- Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love. Lao Tzu.
- One of the most spiritual things you can do is embrace your humanity. Connect with those around you today. Say, “I love you”, “I’m sorry”, “I appreciate you”, “I’m proud of you”…whatever you’re feeling. Send random texts, write a cute note, embrace your truth and share it…cause a smile today for someone else…and give plenty of hugs. Steve Maraboli.
- Remember! It is Christianity to do good always; even to those who do evil to us. It is Christianity to love our neighbours as ourself, and to do to all men as we would have them do to us. It is Christianity to be gentle, merciful and forgiving, and to keep those qualities quiet in our own hearts, and never make a boast of them or of our prayers or of our love of God, but always to show that we love Him by humbly trying to do right in everything. If we do this, and remember the life and lessons of Our Lord Jesus Christ, and try to act up to them, we may confidently hope that God will forgive us our sins and mistakes, and enable us to live and die in peace. Charles Dickens.
- I would rather make mistakes in kindness and compassion than work miracles in unkindness and hardness. Mother Teresa.
- If a person seems wicked, do not cast him away. Awaken him with your words, elevate him with your deeds, repay his injury with your kindness. Do not cast him away; cast away his wickedness. Lao Tzu.
- One man practicing kindness in the wilderness is worth all the temples this world pulls. Jack Kerouac.
- I must be cruel only to be kind; Thus bad begins, and worse remains behind. William Shakespeare.
- The maid told him that a girl and a child had come looking for him, but since she didn’t know them, she hadn’t cared to ask them in, and had told them to go on to Mers. “Why didn’t you let them in?” asked Germain angrily. “People must be very suspicious in this part of the world, if they won’t open the front door to a neighbor.” “Well, naturally!” replied the maid. “In a house as rich as this, you have to keep a close watch on things. While the master’s away I’m responsible for everything, and I can’t just open the door to anyone at all.” “That’s a mean way to live,” said Germain; “I’d rather be poor than live in fear like that. Good-bye to you, miss, and good-bye to this horrible country of yours! George Sand.
- He who sees a need and waits to be asked for help is as unkind as if he had refused it. Dante Alighieri.
- The wise man does not lay up his own treasures. The more he gives to others, the more he has for his own. Lao Tzu.
- Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- I’ll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy. Herman Melville.
- A yogi is much more disciplined in his speech. Yogic tradition has it that speech must pass before three barriers prior to being uttered aloud. These barriers come in the form of three questions: Is it kind? Is it true? Is it necessary? Prem Prakash.
- Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are travelling the dark journey with us. Oh be swift to love, make haste to be kind. Henri-Frédéric Amiel.
- How good life is when one does something good and just! Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- Kindness and awareness work together. Through awareness we understand the underlying beauty of everything and every being. Amit Ray
- Be nice to the environment. Be nice to animals. Be nice to people. If you do that, you will leave a mark on the world. Enock Maregesi
- Be kind. It’s worthwhile to make an effort to learn about other people and figure out what you might have in common with them. Viggo Mortensen
- There is something akin to freedom in having a lover who has no control over you, except that which he gains by kindness and attachment. Harriet Jacobs
- But deep this truth impress’d my mind:
Thro’ all His works abroad,
The heart benevolent and kind
The most resembles God.
Short Kindness Quotes
- If we are growing holier, we are growing kinder. Andrew Bonar
- For it is in giving that we receive. Francis of Assisi.
- The shortest distance between two people is a smile. Victor Borge.
- No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop.
- Never lose a chance of saying a kind word. William Makepeace Thackeray.
- Life becomes easier and more beautiful when we can see the good in other people. Roy T. Bennett
- Truly listening, attentively, and with care, is one of the simplest and most kind gifts we can give anyone. John Bruna
- Apathy is the door to ignorance. Empathy is the door to wisdom. Suzy Kassem
- The surest cure for selfishness is to continually practice random acts of kindness. R.A.Delmonico
- Everyone comes into your life to fulfill a purpose of their life. So help them with love, kindness, and care. Debasish Mridha
- Pity is an insult. Kindness is a miracle. Patrick Ness
- My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness. Dalai Lama XIV.
- Kind people are magnets for all of the good things in life. Tom Giaquinto.
Kindness Quotes on Images
You may also like: