The iconic American scary movie Halloween has revolutionized the genre of horror films and remains popular even decades after its initial release in 1978.
Below you will find quotes from this slasher classic which illustrate why it has become synonymous with Hollywood horror as well as the holiday it was named after!
- I met him, 15 years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding in even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this… six-year-old child with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and… the blackest eyes – the Devil’s eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up, because I realized that what was living behind that boy’s eyes was purely and simply… evil. Doctor Loomis
- There is the boogeyman! He is outside! Look, there is the boogeyman outside! Tommy
- Halloween night…it’s when people play tricks on each other…It’s all make believe. I think Richie was just trying to scare you. Laurie
- He’s gone! He’s gone from here! The evil is gone! Doctor Loomis
- He’s gonna get you, He’s gonna get you, He’s gonna get you, He’s gonna get you! …Boogeyman is coming! Richie
- Brackett: A man wouldn’t do that.
Doctor Loomis: This isn’t a man.
- Death has come to your little town, Sheriff. Doctor Loomis
- Hey jerk! Speed kills! Annie
- Two road blocks and an All Point Bulleten won’t stop a 5 year old. Doctor Loomis
- You know it’s Halloween. I guess everyone’s entitled to one good scare, huh? Brackett
- Lynda, if this is a joke, I’ll kill you! Laurie
- Tommy: Laurie, what’s the boogeyman?
Laurie: There’s no such thing.
- I hate a guy with a car and no sense of humor. Annie’s Boyfriend
- I can’t help it. The phone keeps ringing. Bob
- “He had the blackest eyes. The devil’s eyes. Doctor Loomis
- Lindsay: I’m scared!
Laurie: There’s nothing to be scared of.
Tommy: Are you sure? …How?
Laurie: I killed him…
Tommy: But you can’t kill the boogeyman!
- Tommy, unlock the door! Come here, now you listen to me. I want you to go down the stairs, and out the front door. I want you to go down the street to the Mackenzie’s house. I want you to tell them to call the police and tell them to send them over here. Now, do you understand me? Go do as I say! Laurie
- You’ve got to believe me, officer, he is coming to Haddonfield… Because I know him! I’m his doctor! You must be ready for him… If you don’t, it’s your funeral. Doctor Loomis
- Brackett: Every kid in Haddonfield thinks this place is haunted.
Doctor Loomis: They may be right.
- You’ve fooled them, haven’t you, Michael? But not me. Doctor Loomis
- Laurie: Was that the Boogeyman?
Loomis: As a matter of fact, it was.
You may also like:
Spooktacular Halloween Birthday Wishes for Those Born on Scary Dates
Some Haunting Melodies | Best Halloween Songs