Words for (S)elfies! | 140 Christmas Captions for Instagram
The holiday season is here, and you can’t wait to share your joy with everyone. Posting your favorite Christmas pics on Instagram is a great way to do it. If you’re on Instagram, you’re probably gearing up your best photos to spread the Christmas cheer.
Make your Instagram the new Christmas card with witty captions. You might not consider yourself a wordsmith, and coming up with captions might be challenging. Don’t skip the captions if you think they’re a chore to write. Simply peruse the many examples below and find the ones that fit your photos best. Feel free to tweak any of these captions to make them your own.
Funny Christmas Captions
Give everyone a chuckle with these goodies.
- Here’s hoping I’m on Santa’s “nice” list!
- Is it wishful thinking to want a White Christmas in Florida?
- Go glad the Christmas lights on the house are back in season.
- Here’s an “elfie” from me to you. Merry Christmas!
- On the “naughty” list and proud of it!
- I’m writing to Santa and telling him I just want wine this year. Mostly reds.
- Hanging together like two ornaments this holiday. Merry Christmas!
- Wishing you the best Mariah Carey Day!
- Resting Grinch face
- “Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals!” —Home Alone 2
- Presents are done. It’s a wrap!
- Orphaned socks from the dryer make great Christmas stockings. They don’t need to have a match.
- Gangsta wrappin’
- Wait! I think I hear Santa. Quick—act good!
- Christmas is the time for me to observe my most sacred tradition: going to the mall.
- Want to know how to make kids cry? Give them something practical for Christmas.
- Have a Merry Elfin Christmas.
- December 25th is actually Gift Exchange Eve.
Cute Christmas Captions
A cute caption is perfect for spreading the joy this season.
- Wish I could ship myself to you this Christmas.
- I’ll be ho-ho-home for the holidays.
- Is it too late to get on Santa’s “nice” list?
- Nothing says “Happy Holidays” like a Yule log.
- On December 25th, I finally become a morning person.
- The true spirit of Christmas is getting together and loving one another.
- Having a Christmas state of mind.
- During the season of gift-giving, love people and use things, not the other way around.
- The only mess I like is the one we make at home on Christmas morning.
- All I want for Christmas is peace, love, and goodwill.
- I’ll take Christmas snow over beach sand any day.
- I made this igloo, but now I can’t find a Christmas tree small enough to fit in there.
- There’s snow place like home for the holidays.
- When Christmas snow falls, expect something extraordinary to happen.
- True Christmas spirit can’t be found in a store.
- Christmas is really about opening our hearts, not presents.
- The best Christmas presents are the time and love we give to each other.
- Wishing you the merriest and brightest of days.
Christmas Captions with Friends
Show the whole world how much brighter your holidays are with your friends.
- Keep your friends close, and your gift receipts closer.
- My buddies are like candy canes—sweet and twisted!
- Good friends make the season bright.
- Best. Christmas. Ever!
- Happiness is celebrating Christmas with these gals.
- We’ve been ready for Christmas since December 26th.
- Tacky Christmas sweater time!
- We’re all together. NOW it’s feeling a lot like Christmas.
- All spruced up and ready the jingle the night away.
- All I want for Christmas are my girlfriends.
- Making it a December to remember.
- Christmas spent with friends will always be merry and bright.
- We find holiday spirit in the liquor cabinet.
- We look happy and content, but we’re actually hungry for Yule log.
- Happy Holidays from the ladies who are hotter than hot chocolate.
- Gearing up for the Hallmark holiday movie marathon.
- Friends are like snowflakes. They’re so different, but they still stick together.
Christmas Captions for Couple Photos
A loving photo of the two of you requires a great caption.
- Merry Christmas from Mr. and Mrs. Scrooge.
- The mistletoe is our new gathering place.
- Wishing you the best and brightest this season. Merry Christmas!
- The first of many Christmases together. Happy Holidays!
- Hope you enjoy this “elfie” from us. Happy Holidays!
- We got what we wanted for Christmas… each other!
- Happy Holidays from the cutest couple ever!
- What makes Christmas special is spending it with each other.
- It’s lovely weather for a sleigh ride together.
- Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts.—Janice Maeditere
- We go together like fruit and cake.
- Merry Christmas! Now, excuse us while we head back to the mistletoe.
- Rockin’ each other’s Christmas socks.
- Merry Christmas from our ho-ho-home to yours.
- Loving my best friend is what makes the season bright.
- Joy to our little world.
Christmas Captions for Photos with My Boyfriend
These captions will help preserve this special time with your guy, especially if it’s your first Christmas together.
- Since there’s no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
- If kisses were snowflakes, we’d be having a blizzard!
- Being together for Christmas is worth more than all the gifts in the world.
- Christmas wouldn’t mean much without this handsome guy next to me.
- What happens under the mistletoe stays under the mistletoe.
- No lying… We’ve been more naughty than nice!
- All I want for Christmas is this hunk!
- This one had me at “ho ho ho”!
- Christmas isn’t here yet, but I already got me my present. (hint: this guy!)
- This guy puts the jingle in my bell.
- This guy was “pepper-mint” to be my boyfriend.
- I gave him this Christmas sweater. He must really love me!
- We go together like hot chocolate and marshmallows.
- Getting Christmas cozy with my sweetie.
- Have yourself a cuddly little Christmas.
- My guy motivates me to believe in my “elf.”
- What’s Christmas without this guy to share it with?
- All I want for Christmas is you… and cookies… and hot chocolate.
Christmas Party Captions
Put a rip-roarin’ caption on your photo to show everyone where the party’s at!
- Happy Holidays! Let the bingeing begin!
- It’s not what’s under the tree that matters; it’s who’s gathered around it.— Charlie Brown
- Eggnog pairs well with a crazy bunch like us.
- The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear. — Elf
- Ooooooh. We thought you said, “Christmas BEER.”
- We’re seeing how many of us can get on the “naughty” list tonight.
- It’ll be worth getting nothing but coal this year.
- Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, and Vixen. Rum, and vodka, and whiskey we’re mixin’.
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Beer!
- Getting more lit than the Christmas tree.
- Dear Santa: This isn’t what it looks like.
- I don’t know if there’ll be snow, but have a cup of beer!
- Here we come a-wassailing…
- Be good for goodness sake? Not tonight!
- Spreading Christmas cheer like we mean it.
- Be thankful you can’t hear us singing carols off-key.
- Making it count because Christmas only comes once a year
- Thought I’d list everyone’s names, but I might as well just label it “Naughty List.”
Christmas Tree Photo Captions
Show off that decorative Christmas tree with the perfect caption.
- Rock around the Christmas tree with me.
- The Grinch’s got nothing on me!
- ’Tis the season to sparkle and shine.
- I love a holiday when you can eat a lot and tear up paper in front of a dead tree.
- Rockin’ around the Christmas tree with my honey.
- Dear Santa: Just put the gifts right here, please. Thanks!
- Create some sparkle wherever you are.
- The warmest spot in the house. Wishing you a Merry Christmas!
- Feeling merry and bright this holiday season.
- Who wants CANDY CANES?!!!
- First one to make it to the presents wins!
- The coziest place on earth.
- Cue the lights!
- Stay cozy, my friends.
- The calm before the storm
- All spruced up, and no place to go
- Take a look at my favorite colors
- I wish it could be Christmas every year.
- Taking a pic now because it won’t look like this 15 minutes from now.
Christmas Captions for Photos with My Dog
Try one of these captions to show everyone that your fur baby knows it’s Christmas.
- Naughty or nice?
- Who looks so festive? He does. Oh, yes, he does!
- This little guy’s ready to party!
- Pawsitively merry and bright.
- You know Dasher, and Dancer, and Prancer, and Rusty…
- Happy Howl-idays, everyone!
- Christmas snow brings out the puppy in this little one.
- All I want for Christmas is cuddles and more cuddles.
- May your days be scruffy and bright.
- Our first Christmas together
- She’s got the ugly Christmas sweater contest in the bag.
- Is it time to open presents yet?
- No one leaves this house without wearing a Christmas sweater.
- My date to the family Christmas dinner
- Is it time to open presents yet?
- He was such a good boy this year!
- Guess who chewed up my new sneaker? Guess who’s hoping he doesn’t get coal in his stocking?
You may also like:
Click here for our best birthday wishes.