175 Inspiring Happy Retirement Wishes
Retirement wishes and messages feature emotional and heart-felt wordings to congratulate people on their successful retirement. Whether a retiring friend, your boss, mom, dad or colleague, you can find special messages, poems, and wordings right here to convey your felicitations in a very special way. People around you will always cherish your kind gesture and will imprint your beautiful retirement messages right in their heart.
Our collections of happy retirement wishes are unique, special and target the relationship you have with the the retiree as it is important to let them know they are still a valued part of your life. Also, our retirement messages come in varieties that include funny, poetic, emotional, sweet and general wishes, so that you can best convey your wishes exactly the way it is in your heart.
- 1 Happy Retirement Messages
- 2 Happy Retirement Wishes for Your Boss
- 3 Retirement Wishes for a Coworker
- 4 Happy Retirement Wishes for a Friend
- 5 Funny Retirement Wishes
- 6 Happy Retirement Wishes for Teachers
- 7 Retirement Wishes for Dad
- 8 Retirement Wishes for your Mom
- 9 Retirement Messages for Mother-in-law
- 10 Retirement Wishes for Father-in-law
- 11 Happy Retirement Poem for Dad
- 12 Happy Retirement Images
Happy Retirement Messages
- May your retirement be filled with lots of joy and happiness. Your time is yours to enjoy!
- As you go into this next phase of your life, may you enjoy the very best that life has to offer.
- Wishing you a fulfilling and fun-filled retirement. Now is the time to start new things and finish the unfinished ones.
- You can now rest peacefully after the untiring efforts and self-less service. Happy Retirement!
- Enjoy the freedom that retirement brings to the fullest. Enjoy the rest of your life as you retire.
- You can now wake up when you want to, visit the places you’ve longed for, make your own schedules without restriction – that’s the freedom that retirement brings. Happy retirement.
- No more boss to boss you around. You are now your own boss. Happy retirement.
- You’ve put in your best serving your company, and by extension your country. It’s now time for you to rest; you deserve the best life ahead. Have a fun-filled and fulfilled retirement.
- “There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under the heavens”, time to work and time to rest. It’s your time to rest. Enjoy your retirement.
Happy Retirement Wishes for Your Boss
When your boss retires show your support and your gratitude for a job well done.
- Congratulations on your retirement. Your leadership and strength will be missed.
- Best of luck to you as you retire. May this transition be a smooth one full of happy moments.
- God’s blessings to you throughout your retirement. May you find new inspirations and joy every day!
- Retirement is a time to try new things. I hope you experience this time as an unlimited opportunity for new beginnings.
- I am sad to see you retire, but happy for your accomplishment. You will be missed.
- Best wishes for a happy retirement! May you find moments of daily joy as you discover new purposes.
- As a boss, you encouraged a fun, productive work environment. As you retire, I will miss your leadership skills and positive attitude.
- Retirement is a reflection of your loyalty and commitment. Remember we are here to support you as you transition from work to home.
- During your retirement, may you find ways to give back. Your generosity and loving attitude will take you far.
- Happy retirement! I hope you wake up each day feeling refreshed and content.
- As a manager, you were a pleasure to work for. Best wishes on your retirement.
- Retirement does not mean we never get to see you again. Please visit us and keep us updated on how you are doing.
- A job well done deserves a retirement well done. Use this time to experience joyful, adventurous activities!
- I am thankful to have had the opportunity to work with you. I wish you the best of luck as you retire.
- Your dedication and commitment will be missed. We pray for a blessed and happy retirement.
- As you retire, use this time to explore new hobbies and opportunities. Can’t wait to see where life takes you!
Retirement Wishes for a Coworker
- You were a good team player, a hard worker, and an exemplary leader. Happy retirement.
- Life out there holds much more for you. Don’t be afraid to explore it to the fullest. Congratulations on your retirement.
- We will miss you dearly, dear colleague. Best wishes on your retirement.
- The end of your career is only the beginning of better opportunities. Explore them with boldness. Best wishes and have a fun-filled retirement.
- You will be best remembered as a great motivator, the one who brings out the best in others. Happy wishes as you retire.
- The thought of seeing you each day encourages me to be at work, especially the days I feel like not coming. I will miss you greatly. Happy retirement.
- It’s time for you to unwind after these years of hard work. Enjoy the life ahead.
- You will be missed so much. I hope you enjoy every day of your retirement. My best wishes to you on your well-earned life as a retiree.
- All your decades of hard work has finally come to an end! And it’s now time for you to reap the fruits of your hard work. Happy retirement.
- I wish you a stress-free and happy retirement. We’re really going to miss your presence at work.
- As you go on your retirement, know that I appreciate all the valuable things you taught me. You were more than just a colleague; you’re were my mentor. I’m going to miss your coaching, advices, and most of all your company. Good luck, and have a wonderful retirement.
- You are one of those rare colleagues who know how to bring the best in others. Working with you always brought the best in me, and I want to thank you for that. Farewell my friend and colleague as you venture on this new and exciting journey. Happy retirement.
- You are an inspirational co-worker and friend, and I will miss your presence greatly as you venture on this new chapter of your life. I wish you a successful and happy retirement.
- Wishing a very special colleague nothing but a happy and peaceful retirement. May your wishes and dreams come true.
- I couldn’t have asked for a better co-worker than you, which is why I’ll certainly miss you. But as you leave, know that you have been an inspiration to a lot of people in this company, including myself. I wish you a wonderful retirement.
- As your professional career comes to an end, do know that your instrumental contribution towards the growth of this business will be sorely missed. I wish you a fun-filled and relaxing retirement. You deserve it.
- You’re one of the most dedicated and hardworking colleagues that I’ve ever worked with. It’s now time to relax and enjoy all there’s to enjoy in life. Congratulations on your retirement.
- As you retire gracefully, you leave us with mixed emotions. The office will never be the same without you here. May the next chapter of your life be even more successful than the previous chapter. Congratulations on your retirement. I will miss you.
Happy Retirement Wishes for a Friend
- Congratulations, dear friend, for your total freedom. Happy retirement.
- I’ve missed the quality friendship we enjoyed. I look forward for a renewed friendship now that we can spend more time together. All the best on your retirement.
- If nobody recognized your selfless service at work, I do. And that is why I celebrate your retirement with much love and 10 happy cheers – !!!!!!!!!!
- Retirement is life’s way of rewarding you for all the hard work you’ve done all your life. Now you can fulfill all your dreams that having a job prevented you from chasing. Have a fulfilling and happy retirement.
- Did you know that retirement is the only time when one can enjoy all the good things life has to offer without the stress of having a job?! But I guess you already knew that. So have a super exciting retirement!
- Congratulations on retiring in such a graceful manner, dear friend. The most exciting time of your life has just began! Enjoy every single moment of it.
- You don’t know what total freedom is until you have retired. Congratulations on your retirement, friend. The best years of your life have just began!
- Congratulations! You’ve finally reached that stage in life where you get the rare opportunity of having all the time in the world to focus on nothing but making yourself happy. I’m happy for you, dear friend. Have fun.
- They say retirement is the longest holiday you get in life. Relax and have all the fun in the world. Enjoy it to the fullest because you worked very hard for it. Congratulations.
- Retirement is indeed paradise on Earth. No work; only unlimited time to have fun and relax. What more could one ask from life?! Happy retirement, friend.
Funny Retirement Wishes
Retirement can be a time of many emotions, so focusing on the humor in life may be just what the retiree needs.
- On the day of your retirement, we want you to know you will be missed. We understand if the feeling is not mutual!
- Retirement is a time of unlimited adventure. I hope it doesn’t take you back here!
- You’re leaving? So soon? I mean, you just got here, right?
- Perhaps retirement does not have to lead to endless days of binge-watching television. I know you will give it all you’ve got though!
- Congratulations on your retirement! Please take me with you!
- As you retire, I wanted to share my honest thoughts. I never wanted your job- until now! If you’d like to switch, please let me know!
- No more alarm clocks, annoying telephone calls, or hundreds of e-mails to answer. What in the world are you going to do with your day after you retire?
- Retirement is your chance to accomplish everything on your to-do list. Remember to buy duct tape for easy fixing!
- During your retirement, if you get the urge to manage a meeting, call me. I will sit there in silence to remind you that no one was really listening anyway!
- I hope the boredom of retirement does not cause you to pull out your hair. Well, what’s left of it anyway!
- Retirement is endless days of sunsets on beaches, sunrises on mountaintops, and walks through the forest. Be sure your internet bill is paid each month, so you can continue to look at the pictures of all your favorite destinations! It is much cheaper that way!
- Your work retirement party was one of the best days I’ve had at the office! You should retire more often!
- If retirement is supposed to be the best time of your life, does that mean you weren’t giving us your best? Or that our expectations were too low?
- Remember those late afternoon office naps you always tried to hide? During retirement, naps no longer have to be hidden, or only in the afternoon!
- As you retire, we hate to break this to you but, we will no longer be here to do everything you ask of us. That responsibility now belongs to your spouse. Good luck!
Happy Retirement Wishes for Teachers
Special teachers deserve thoughtful retirement wishes for years of dedicated service.
- Thank you for being my favorite teacher. I wish you the best of luck on your retirement.
- Your years of teaching and advice will never be forgotten. Good luck on your retirement and wherever life takes you next.
- Teachers hold a special place in the hearts of their students. As you retire, know you have a special place in mine.
- Dear (teacher’s name), thank you for being an example of strength, dedication, and compassion. You will be missed.
- Words cannot express how much you will be missed as you retire. Thank you for always bringing your best.
- Time with you will never be enough. We will miss the days spent together, but wish you many fun-filled retirement days.
- Dear (teacher’s name), please remember us during your retirement. You are always welcome to visit the school as we would love to see you soon!
- Every day, we saw your commitment to educating others. We hope your retirement is a time when you can commit to learning new things for yourself!
- Retirement will be like endless summer vacations! I hope you get to see and do all the things on your retirement list!
- Although your animals will be happy you are home every day, there will not be a day that goes by we won’t miss you. We are very proud of you on your retirement.
- You have worked hard to reach retirement. May God bless you wish many happy and peaceful days full of things that bring you joy!
- We are so grateful all our children were able to learn under your teaching. You made learning fun while also teaching them how to be good people and we wish you many congratulations on your retirement.
- During your retirement, please keep in touch. You are a special teacher and will be missed.
- I will miss you as a co-teacher, but am so proud of you for reaching your retirement. Your accomplishment continues to set an example for others.
- Amazing teachers like you deserve an amazing retirement! We hope your retirement is full of wonderful opportunities for you to continue to shine!
Retirement Wishes for Dad
If a beautiful message to send to your Daddy on his retirement is what you are looking for, your search has brought you to a great source of that.
- Dad, may the retired days of your life be as sweet as honey!
- The days I have been praying for have finally arrived. Now, I get to be with you 24/7. I wish you a long and healthy retired life, Daddy!
- Congratulations on your retirement, Dad! I hope every day of your life as a retiree will be relaxing and joyful.
- Here’s your one and only daughter/son wishing you tons of love and happiness for your retirement. I will be coming home really soon to be part of the celebration. I wish your retired days are filled with all the best things life has to offer. Happy retirement, Dad!
- The hard work and pressure are over. It is now time for resting, relaxing and enjoying every bit of your life. Happy retirement.
- You truly deserve this total break from normal work, Dad. Now you will have enough time to spend with us and enjoy life to the max. Happy retirement.
- Congrats, dear Father, on your retirement. May this season of your life bring into your heart all the joy under the sun!
- Daddy, enjoy your retirement to the max and know that I love you immensely! Happy retirement!
- After years of hard work, you have finally attained this milestone. May your faithful service all these years bring to your life every blessing you stand in need of. Have the happiest of retirements.
- Though you fulfilled all your duties at the office, you never shunned away from fulfilling your family responsibilities. You are nothing short of a truly awesome father. Happy retirement, dearest Father.
- Dad, we are more than elated to know that you have finally retired from work. May the rest of your days on this earth be filled with blessings of happiness and good health. Massive congrats on your graceful retirement!
- Now that you are retired, you have been blessed with a unique opportunity to enjoy all the beautiful things that life has in store for you. I’m so happy for you, Dad. Happy retirement.
- Dear Daddy, as you begin this amazing new phase of your life, it is my prayer that the heavens will shower blessings of great physical health, love and joy onto your life till you become the happiest man in the world. Have the best of retirements!
- Indeed there is time for everything under the sun. It’s your turn to rest from the daily hard work and enjoy the fruits of your outstanding service.
- Dad, wishing you a retired life decorated with the most beautiful things this universe has to offer! Happy retirement.
- Words can’t express how happy we feel seeing you go on retirement. We wish your days of retirement will be fun, sunny, peaceful and absolutely blissful.
- You withdraw from active work tomorrow, and we are already busy with preparations to make your retirement the best ever! Happy retirement, dear Dad, and may your retirement days be filled with joy!
- I wish you great happiness and good health all the days of your retirement! Congrats!
- Sending you oceans of blessings and warm wishes as you retire. It is my deepest desire that all the things you dream of will be materialized. Happy retirement to you, my sweet Daddy!
- May your happiness flourish as you on retirement. Have a blessed retirement.
- Happy retirement, Dad. I hope this chapter of your life will be the best of all!
- I can’t imagine any person who deserves this break from work more than you. You’ve worked so hard to make sure I never lacked anything. It’s time for me to take care of you and for us to have some great moments together. Happy retirement, Father!
- Wishing you blessings and the best of everything on your retirement. I love you, Dad.
- My dear father, may your life after retirement be as beautiful and bright as the sunflower! All the best on your retirement!
- Dad, you are now officially a retiree. As you press forward, it is my prayer that you will be blessed with more opportunities to realize every single dream nestling in your heart. Happy retirement!
Retirement Wishes for your Mom
Choose from the plethora of original and sweet retirement messages/wishes below to congratulate your mother and wish her well as she officially begins life as a retiree.
- For all the sacrifices done to make our lives happy, we say thank you! May God bless you and make your retirement the most beautiful chapter of your life.
- Congratulations, Mom, for successfully making it! This is where real enjoyment begins. Enjoy every second of your retirement.
- Congratulations on your retirement! May your retired days be filled with sunshine and beauty.
- As you officially break ties with hard work and welcome rest, I pray that each day of your retired life would be filled with great blessings of good health and joy.
- Retirement is total freedom from work. Enjoy it with all your might. Happy retirement!
- By all accounts, retirement is one of the best phases of a human being’s life. Mom, I’m so glad you get to enjoy this blessing too. May you be blessed with a fabulously happy retirement.
- This is the day you worked your entire life for. Congrats on making it successfully. May the days ahead of you be blessed and joyful.
- Mom, your life before retirement was as bright as the sun. May your life during retirement shine even brighter. Have a truly joyous retired life.
- Happy retirement, sweet Mom. I pray every single moment of your retired days bring you all the joy your soul deserves. Congrats!
- I have always been jealous of having to share you with your work. So now that you have come home to rest, I am so happy because I will now get to spend every bit of your time with you. Happy retirement, Mom!
- Sending the heartiest of congratulations to you as you go on retirement. Now you can do whatever you want to do.
- Retirement comes with countless opportunities to have fun and enjoy life. I hope you grab as many of these wonderful opportunities as possible. Happy retirement!
- Best wishes on your retirement, dearest Mother. I hope you enjoy this well deserved retirement in the company of true happiness. Congrats!
- May your retirement be even more blissful than you dreamed it would be. Have the best retirement, Mommy!
- You worked so hard for us and inspired us to the heights we are now. Mom, nothing will ever stop us from being eternally thankful to you for all your efforts in decorating our lives! As you begin your retirement, we promise to make you the happiest mother in the world. Happy retirement, dear Mama!
- May happiness be your companion throughout this vacation that has no end. Happy retirement.
- Best wishes to you, my wonderful mother, on your retirement. May your retirement be as joyous as you make my world.
- I feel extraordinarily happy knowing that my dear mama finally gets this opportunity of a lifetime to rest and relax without needing to ever think about work. Mom, may your retirement be very satisfying and joyful.
- Mom, I love you above everything else on earth and can’t wait to have more quality time with you begin your retirement. May your new life be filled with nothing but joyful days!
- Mom, words can’t express how happy I feel knowing that you finally get to rest from your labors at the workplace. May your retired days be filled with serenity and love.
- Wishing a spectacularly happy retirement to the greatest Mother on this planet. Congrats, Mom!
- Mom, my heart can’t stop leaping in joy knowing that you finally get to retire and enjoy all the interesting things that accompany it. Congrats, and may your well earned days of retirement be happy and beautiful.
- Wishing the world’s most fabulous mother a truly fabulous retirement. Mom, now is the time to start enjoying the fruits of all your decades of labor.
- Wishing the most exciting retired life to the loveliest soul in my life! Mom, you make me so proud. Happy retirement!
- Here’s your dear son/daughter wishing you very wonderful, sweet and fun-filled retirement days. May nature release into this new phase of your life her best blessings.
- Mom, my greatest wish in life is that you have the happiest of retirements because you deserve nothing short of that. Congrats!
- I pray that this new chapter of your earthly journey called retirement will serve you with special love, laughter and many great moments with your family and loved ones.Happy retirement, Mother!
- Happy retirement, Mom! You are finally blessed with the freedom to do whatever you wish at your own pace. May this freedom bring great and unimaginable blessings into your life.
- Wishing you a blessed and truly happy retired life, sweet Mom. Don’t let anything stop you from enjoying every bit of your retirement!
- After decades of pressure and toilsome tasks from bosses, you finally get an everlasting time off from work. I am over the moon for you, Mom. Happy retirement.
- Massive congratulations to my sweet mother on her retirement. Mom, I wish you a retired life filled with days of amazing merriments and blessings!
- No news ever made me happier than hearing that my dear mama is finally saying goodbye to hard work. Mom, I wish you great luck and happiness in all you do. Happy retirement!
- May your retirement be stress-free, exciting and absolutely joyful. Congrats!
- Mom, I have only one wish for you as you go on retirement. Be happy all the days of your retirement. Congrats!
- Retirement is the longest vacation in the universe. I hope you enjoy every blessed millisecond of this priceless vacation. Have a blessed and glorious retirement, Mom.
- In want of the best for us, you always worked so hard. Now, you have been blessed with this wonderful opportunity to rest. And I can’t thank God enough for that. Mom, as you retire, may the days ahead of you be full of happiness. Enjoy your retirement to the max!
- As you begin this interesting episode of your life, I pray that God will bring to pass every single unfulfilled dream of yours and put happiness in your heart. Happy retirement, Mother!
- Mom, you deserve every moment of your retirement days because you have worked so hard for it. May retirement bring you an abundance of happiness and fulfillment. Congrats!
Retirement Messages for Mother-in-law
- Most times I wondered how you do it; managing your family and career so well that none was given less attention. You are indeed “the hand that rocks the cradle and rules the world!” Happy retirement, mom.
- At work, you were known as an untiring worker, at home you never slacked in your duty for a moment, which is why we call you our hero. You are a virtuous woman indeed. You deserve the best that life has for you ahead, mom. Happy retirement.
- It’s time for us to take care of you and give you the best treat that you deserve. Happy retirement, mom.
- Mom, the best of life lies ahead of you as you retire. Happy retirement with best wishes and lots of love.
- Welcome back home, mom, I’m happy we no longer have to share you with your company. Best wishes on your retirement.
- Mom, there will be no more alarm to interrupt your peaceful sleep when it’s time to wake up and prepare for work; your time is now in your own hand to control. Rest well as you retire. Happy retirement.
- Best Mom in the World | Birthday Wishes for your Mother
- We can’t wait for you to retire, mom… We long for quality time with you that will never be shared or interrupted by work schedule. Best of life as you retire.
- Hurray! The countdown begins as I look forward to your retirement. My arms are wide opened to have you all to myself finally! Happy retirement in advance, mom.
- You may not have won several medals for your relentless and quality input at work, but you can be sure of our medal of endless love that awaits you at home – that’s the best medal you can ever get, mom. We celebrate your retirement with much love.
- Mom, at long last your much anticipated retirement has arrived. I’m so proud of you and happy to see you retire. Now, you can finally say goodbye to your hectic nine-to-five job and enjoy life to the max with your family and friends. Congratulations.
- Now that you are officially a retiree, Mom, I hope you enjoy every minute of your life. You deserve it. Congratulations on your retirement, Mom.
- Mom, I really hope that your retirement is hundred times better than you imagined it would be. Congrats.
- Wishing a very happy retirement to my wonderful mom. I hope your retirement will bring you lots of fun and happiness. Enjoy it.
- Finally you have the time and opportunity to do all those things you always wanted to do in life. I’m so happy for you, Mom. Enjoy your retirement to the max. Congratulations.
- Let this new chapter in your life fill your life with more beautiful colors. Happy retirement, Mom. Now you have the chance to thoroughly enjoy life. Congrats.
- Congratulations and best wishes on your retirement, Mom. I wish you a relaxing and truly amazing retirement.
- Since life starts at retirement, I know your life as a retiree is going to be one heck of a terrific one. Enjoy your retirement and be happy and healthy always. Congrats.
- Now is the time to enjoy all the things work prevented you from enjoying. I’m so happy for you, Mom. May this new phase of your life bring you all the happiness in this world. You deserve it.
Retirement Wishes for Father-in-law
- Dad, you’ve left a good footstep for us to follow, both in your career and your fatherly role. Happy retirement to my hero.
- You have successfully managed the pressure at work and the challenges of fatherhood, leaving us a great example to follow. We are happy you are finally coming home to rest. Happy retirement, dad!
- We are the witness to your devotion throughout your years of service; under the rain, sun, and snow you did not relapse in your commitment at work. You deserve the best for the rest of your life as you retire.
- You’ve taken care of your work and family all these years regardless of the challenges. It’s time for us to take care of you as you get ready to retire. Happy retirement, dad.
- Don’t be worried about what the future holds in stock for you, dad. Your seed of faithfulness at work will be rewarded with fruitfulness as you retire. Welcome home for a fulfilling rest time.
- It’s so great to see you finally go on retirement after all these years of hard work. May the days of this new page in your life be filled with happiness.
- Dad, finally the daily stress from work has finally come to an end. May every day of your retirement be fantastic, wonderful, and happy. Happy retirement, Dad.
- Wishing an amazing, colorful and sweet retirement to my loving and caring Dad.
- Congratulations to you on your well-earned retirement. May the unlimited freedom of this new chapter in your life bring you happiness beyond your imagination.
- Dad, you’ve worked very hard all your life. Now, is the perfect time to reap all the fruits of your labor. Have fun, enjoy quality time with your family, and do all the things that bring you happiness. Congratulations, dad, for retiring in grace. I’m proud of you.
- After seeing you work so hard all these years, it is a huge understatement when I say I’m happy to see you retire. Now, you can do all the things that make you happy in life. I wish you a very enjoyable life as a retiree. Love you, Dad.
- After all these years of hard work and stress, you have finally completed the journey. I congratulate you on your enormous achievements and wish you a truly wonderful retirement packed with good health, happiness and peace. Relax and enjoy this new chapter in your life. You deserve it, Dad.
- You have finally reached that milestone, Dad. It’s now time for you to enjoy the fruits of your labor and start enjoying the life that you always dreamed of. I’m so proud of you.
- Dad, congratulations on your retirement! As you say goodbye to hard work, your only job now is to sit back, relax and enjoy all the things that make you happy in this life. I’m so happy for you.
Happy Retirement Poem for Dad
- A hero at work
A mirror at home
Never failed in your duty at work
Never waned in your responsibility at home
Your boss calls you the pacesetter
Your family hails you the peacemaker
We celebrate your retirement
And we pray it will be filled with merriment
Congratulations, dad, on your retirement.
- Your selfless service was evident in your career
Your flawless leadership was undeniable at home
Today we celebrate your freedom from a life scheduled by another
As you come into a new phase and enjoyable life kindled by self power
We promise to be by your side forever
Best wishes on your retirement, dad.
Happy Retirement Images
You may also like:
Click here for our best birthday wishes.