Words for (S)Elfies! | 140 Christmas Captions for Instagram
The holiday season is here, and you can’t wait to share your joy with everyone. Posting your favorite Christmas pics on social media is a great way to do it. If you’re on Instagram, you’re probably gearing up your best photos to spread the Christmas cheer.
Make your feed the new Christmas card with witty captions. You might not consider yourself a wordsmith, and coming up with captions might be challenging. Don’t skip the captions if you think they’re a chore to write. Simply peruse the many examples below and find the ones that fit your photos best. Feel free to tweak any of these captions to make them your own.
- 1 Funny Christmas Instagram Captions
- 2 Cute Christmas Captions for Instagram
- 3 Short Christmas Captions with Friends
- 4 Christmas Selfie Captions
- 5 Fun Christmas Party Captions
- 6 Christmas Tree Quotes
- 7 Christmas Tree Photo Captions
- 8 Christmas Captions for Photos with My Dog
- 9 Christmas Cookie Quotes to Use as Captions
Funny Christmas Instagram Captions
Give everyone a chuckle with these goodies.
- Here’s hoping I’m on Santa’s “nice” list!
- Is it wishful thinking to want a White Christmas in Florida?
- So glad the Christmas lights on the house are back in season.
- Here’s an “elfie” from me to you. Merry Christmas!
- On the “naughty” list and proud of it!
- I’m writing to Santa and telling him I just want wine this year. Mostly reds.
- Hanging together like two ornaments this holiday. Merry Christmas!
- Wishing you the best Mariah Carey Day!
- Resting Grinch face
- “Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals!” —Home Alone 2
- Presents are done. It’s a wrap!
- Orphaned socks from the dryer make great Christmas stockings. They don’t need to have a match.
- Gangsta wrappin’
- Wait! I think I hear Santa. Quick—act good!
- Christmas is the time for me to observe my most sacred tradition: going to the mall.
- Want to know how to make kids cry? Give them something practical for Christmas.
- Have a Merry Elfin Christmas.
- December 25th is actually Gift Exchange Eve.
Cute Christmas Captions for Instagram
A cute caption is perfect for spreading the joy this season.
- Wish I could ship myself to you this Christmas.
- I’ll be ho-ho-home for the holidays.
- Is it too late to get on Santa’s “nice” list?
- Nothing says “Happy Holidays” like a Yule log.
- On December 25th, I finally become a morning person.
- The true spirit of Christmas is getting together and loving one another.
- Having a Christmas state of mind.
- During the season of gift-giving, love people and use things, not the other way around.
- The only mess I like is the one we make at home on Christmas morning.
- All I want for Christmas is peace, love, and goodwill.
- I’ll take Christmas snow over beach sand any day.
- I made this igloo, but now I can’t find a Christmas tree small enough to fit in there.
- There’s snow place like home for the holidays.
- When Christmas snow falls, expect something extraordinary to happen.
- True Christmas spirit can’t be found in a store.
- Christmas is really about opening our hearts, not presents.
- The best Christmas presents are the time and love we give to each other.
- Wishing you the merriest and brightest of days.
Short Christmas Captions with Friends
Show the whole world how much brighter your holidays are with your friends.
- Keep your friends close, and your gift receipts closer.
- My buddies are like candy canes—sweet and twisted!
- Good friends make the season bright.
- Best. Christmas. Ever!
- Happiness is celebrating Christmas with these gals.
- We’ve been ready for Christmas since December 26th.
- Tacky Christmas sweater time!
- We’re all together. NOW it’s feeling a lot like Christmas.
- All spruced up and ready the jingle the night away.
- All I want for Christmas are my girlfriends.
- Making it a December to remember.
- Christmas spent with friends will always be merry and bright.
- We find holiday spirit in the liquor cabinet.
- We look happy and content, but we’re actually hungry for Yule log.
- Happy Holidays from the ladies who are hotter than hot chocolate.
- Gearing up for the Hallmark holiday movie marathon.
- Friends are like snowflakes. They’re so different, but they still stick together.
Christmas Selfie Captions
Taking a selfie is a must during the holiday season, so choose a great caption below to make your picture the very best it can be!
- I’m here to make the room sparkle!
- I’m making it a December to remember!
- I’m the star on the top of the Christmas tree!
- Don’t worry, the reason for the season just arrived.
- It wouldn’t be the best holiday without a bit of me in it!
- I’m here to drink wine and decorate the tree!
- I like my makeup to be as sparkly as the lights!
- Merry Christmas, from my home to yours.
- I love that this holiday brings out the child in me!
- I’m here to chew gum and wrap presents, and I’m all out of gum!
- You know you want me as a present under your tree!
- My goal is to outshine the lights!
- Selfie first, then presents.
- I’m here to spread love and cheer!
- I only enjoy mornings when the date is December 25th.
- Being surrounded by family and friends makes me a happy person!
- Dear Santa, thanks for overlooking a few things from this year!
Fun Christmas Party Captions
Put a rip-roarin’ caption on your photo to show everyone where the party’s at!
- Happy Holidays! Let the bingeing begin!
- It’s not what’s under the tree that matters; it’s who’s gathered around it.— Charlie Brown
- Eggnog pairs well with a crazy bunch like us.
- The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear. — Elf
- Ooooooh. We thought you said, “Christmas BEER.”
- We’re seeing how many of us can get on the “naughty” list tonight.
- It’ll be worth getting nothing but coal this year.
- Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, and Vixen. Rum, and vodka, and whiskey we’re mixin’.
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Beer!
- Getting more lit than the Christmas tree.
- Dear Santa: This isn’t what it looks like.
- I don’t know if there’ll be snow, but have a cup of beer!
- Here we come a-wassailing…
- Be good for goodness sake? Not tonight!
- Spreading Christmas cheer like we mean it.
- Be thankful you can’t hear us singing carols off-key.
- Making it count because Christmas only comes once a year
- Thought I’d list everyone’s names, but I might as well just label it “Naughty List.”
Christmas Tree Quotes
Something so decorated has never gone unnoticed in the course of history…
- The perfect Christmas tree? All Christmas trees are perfect! Charles N. Barnard
- There’s no experience quite like cutting your own live Christmas tree out of your neighbor’s yard. Dan Florence
- Some Christmas tree ornaments do more than glitter and glow, they represent a gift of love given a long time ago. Tom Baker
- The Christmas tree is a symbol of love, not money. There’s a kind of glory to them when they’re all lit up that exceeds anything all the money in the world could buy. Andy Rooney
- The smell of pine needles, spruce and the smell of a Christmas tree – those to me, are the scents of the holidays. Blake Lively
- Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall. Larry Wilde
- There’s nothing cozier than a Christmas tree all lit up.
Christmas Tree Photo Captions
Show off that decorative Christmas tree with the perfect caption.
- Rock around the Christmas tree with me.
- The Grinch’s got nothing on me!
- ’Tis the season to sparkle and shine.
- I love a holiday when you can eat a lot and tear up paper in front of a dead tree.
- Rockin’ around the Christmas tree with my honey.
- Dear Santa: Just put the gifts right here, please. Thanks!
- Create some sparkle wherever you are.
- The warmest spot in the house. Wishing you a Merry Christmas!
- Feeling merry and bright this holiday season.
- Who wants CANDY CANES?!!!
- First one to make it to the presents wins!
- The coziest place on earth.
- Cue the lights!
- Stay cozy, my friends.
- The calm before the storm
- All spruced up, and no place to go
- Take a look at my favorite colors
- I wish it could be Christmas every year.
- Taking a pic now because it won’t look like this 15 minutes from now.
Christmas Captions for Photos with My Dog
Try one of these captions to show everyone that your fur baby knows it’s Christmas.
- Naughty or nice?
- Who looks so festive? He does. Oh, yes, he does!
- This little guy’s ready to party!
- Pawsitively merry and bright.
- You know Dasher, and Dancer, and Prancer, and Rusty…
- Happy Howl-idays, everyone!
- Christmas snow brings out the puppy in this little one.
- All I want for Christmas is cuddles and more cuddles.
- May your days be scruffy and bright.
- Our first Christmas together
- She’s got the ugly Christmas sweater contest in the bag.
- Is it time to open presents yet?
- No one leaves this house without wearing a Christmas sweater.
- My date to the family Christmas dinner
- Is it time to open presents yet?
- He was such a good boy this year!
- Guess who chewed up my new sneaker? Guess who’s hoping he doesn’t get coal in his stocking?
Christmas Cookie Quotes to Use as Captions
The photos of those holiday cookie you baked need a merry caption.
- Make Cookies, Not War.
- Bake the world a better place.
- Official Pit Stop for Santa’s Sleigh.
- A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand. Barbara Johnson
- If you can’t change the world with chocolate chip cookies, how can you change the world? Pat Murphy
- Give chocolate chips a chance.
- Everyone is kneaded out of the same dough but not baked in the same oven. Jewish Proverb
- A cookie’s job is to bring happiness.
- We might leave some for Santa after all.
- Bake a difference this Xmas.
If you liked it, Pin it!
You may also like: