Anniversary Quotes for A Very Special Day
Wedding anniversaries are amazing occasions not only because they celebrate the love of two deeply involved folks, but also because they present opportunities for showing love and goodwill to an amazing couple.
Here are some quotes to get you started with crafting a heart-warming wish for your other half to honor that beautiful anniversary of yours.
- 1 Happy Anniversary Quotes
- 2 Funny Anniversary Quotes
- 3 Marriage Anniversary Quotes
- 4 Anniversary Quotes For Parents
- 5 Anniversary Quotes For Friends
- 6 Love Anniversary Quotes
- 7 Cute Anniversary Quotes
- 8 1-Year Anniversary Quotes
- 9 2-Year Anniversary Quotes
- 10 5-Year Anniversary Quotes
- 11 10-year Anniversary Quotes
- 12 20-Year Anniversary Quotes
- 13 25th Anniversary Quotes
- 14 50th Anniversary Quotes
Happy Anniversary Quotes
- Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will. Elaine Davis
- You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known and even that is an understatement. F. Scott Fitzgerald
- I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once. John Green
- You know you are in love when you don’t want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. Dr. Seuss
- I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone. J.R.R. Tolkien
- The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. Audrey Hepburn
- Grow old with me, the best is yet to be. Robert Browning
- All you need is love. Paul McCartney
- Our anniversary is just a momentary celebration, but our marriage is a timeless one. Unknown
- You are my today and all of my tomorrows. Lee Christopher
- A marriage anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year.
- In case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you. Virginia Woolf
- Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same. Emily Brontë
- We loved with a love that was more than love. Edgar Allan Poe
- Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up.
- I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more. Angelita Lim
- Love is a great master. It teaches us to be what we never were. Moliere
- If equal affection cannot be, let the more loving one be me. W.H. Auden
- A wedding band is the smallest handcuff ever made, I’m glad I chose my cellmate wisely.
- We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19
- The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever. Nicholas Sparks
Funny Anniversary Quotes
- Unless you want to forget your marriage, it’s a good idea to remember your anniversary. Melanie White
- When someone is murdered, the police investigate the spouse first. That tells you everything you need to know about marriage. Katharine Hepburn
- Love means having to say you’re sorry every fifteen minutes. John Lennon
- An archaeologist is best husband a woman can have: the older she gets, the more interested he is in her. Agatha Christie
- Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music and dancing. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays. Henny Youngman
- It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. Rita Rudner
- A good marriage is like a casserole. Only those responsible for it really know what goes in it.
- Behind every great man, there’s a woman rolling her eyes. Jim Carrey
- In my house I’m the boss, my wife is just the decision maker. Woody Allen
- Marriage is basically just whispering, “Are you awake? I need to show you this cat video.
- A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. Mignon McLaughlin
- Marriage: when dating goes too far.
- For marriage to be a success, every woman and every man should have her and his own bathroom. The end. Catherine Zeta-Jones
- I never knew what real happiness was until I got married; by then it was too late.
- Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash. Joyce Brothers
- The four most important words in any marriage: I’ll do the dishes.
- Husbands are the best people to share a secret with because they never listen anyway.
Marriage Anniversary Quotes
- Life is a journey, and love is what makes that journey worthwhile.
- In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine. Maya Angelou
- I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there’s a life after that, I’ll love you then. Cassandra Clare
- Because of you, I laugh a little harder, cry a little less, and smile a lot more.
- There is no mystery — that’s the beauty of it. We are entirely explicable to each other, and yet we stay. What a miracle that is. Kamila Shamsie
- I wish there was a word more than ‘love’ itself to convey what I feel for you. Faraaz Kazi
- If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you. A. A. Milne
- Better than I was, more than I am. And all this happened by taking your hand.
- The secret of a happy marriage is finding the right person. You know they’re right if you love to be with them all the time. Julia Child
- I love you; I am at rest with you; I have come home. Dorothy L. Sayers
- Success in marriage does not come merely through finding the right mate, but through being the right mate. Barnette R. Brickner
- I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out. Roy Croft
Anniversary Quotes For Parents
- Age does not protect you from love, but love to some extent protects you from age. Jeanne Moreau
- Love is not about how many days, months, or years you have been together. Love is about how much you love each other every single day.
- Life is the flower for which love is the honey. Victor Hugo
- Love is the ultimate expression of the will to live. Tom Wolfe
- There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage. Martin Luther
- Love is the only gold. Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Romance is thinking about your significant other, when you are supposed to be thinking about something else. Nicholas Sparks
- One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: that word is love. Sophocles
- Love doesn’t just sit there, like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new. Ursula K. Le Guin
Anniversary Quotes For Friends
- Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years. Simone Signoret
- A life lived in love will never be dull. Leo Buscaglia
- Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze. Elinor Glyn
- Love is friendship on fire. Susan Sontag
- The couples that are ‘meant to be’ are the ones who go through everything that is meant to tear them apart and come out even stronger than they were before.
- Love is more than a noun – it is a verb; it is more than a feeling – it is caring, sharing, helping, sacrificing. William Arthur Ward
- If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love. Maya Angelou
- We can only learn to love by loving. Iris Murdoch
- The love we give away is the only love we keep. Elbert Hubbard
- There is no remedy for love but to love more. Henry David Thoreau
- Where there is great love, there are always wishes. Willa Cather
- Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profundity. Kindness in giving creates love. Lao Tzu
- Love is like pi – natural, irrational, and very important. Lisa Hoffman
- Love: a temporary insanity, curable by marriage. Ambrose Bierce
Love Anniversary Quotes
- For the two of us, home isn’t a place. It is a person. And we are finally home. Stephanie Perkins
- I swear that when our lips touch, I can taste the next 60 years of my life. Rudy Francisco
- I love you because you make me ridiculously happy.
- I never loved you any more than I do, right this second. And I’ll never love you any less than I do, right this second. Kami Garcia
- For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul. Judy Garland
- The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along. Rumi
- Love grows more tremendously full, swift, poignant, as the years multiply. Zane Grey
- Forever is a long time, but I wouldn’t mind spending it by your side.
- Immature love says: ‘I love you because I need you.’ Mature love says ‘I need you because I love you.’ Erich Fromm
- Forever is a measure of time used by people who share an ordinary love. Our extraordinary love is immeasurable … for us, forever just won’t do. Steve Maraboli
- Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you I had no control over.
Cute Anniversary Quotes
- Real love stories never have endings. Richard Bach
- I just want you to know, that when I picture myself happy, it’s with you.
- Love is being stupid together. Paul Valery
- And suddenly all the love songs were about you.
- For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. Carl Sagan
- I’m much more me when I’m with you.
- When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew. Arrigo Boito
- On a scale of one to ten, I’d give you a nine — and I’m the one you need.
- In a sea of people, my eyes will always search for you.
- You’re the peanut butter to my jelly.
1-Year Anniversary Quotes
- You stole my heart, but I’ll let you keep it. Unknown
- All that you are is all that I’ll ever need. Ed Sheeran
- I need you like a heart needs a beat. Unknown
- o be your friend was all I ever wanted; to be your lover was all I ever dreamed. Valerie Lombardo
- My favorite place in all of the world is next to you. Unknown
- You are every amen I have ever laid down on lips. F.D. Soul
- On this day just one year ago, we vowed our lives to one another. I am so thankful to be taking this journey with you and feel even more committed to you now than before. Happy anniversary, my love!
- To my beautiful wife, I wish all of the joy and peace this world can bring you because of all you have added to my life in this past year. May this year bring even more blessings upon us. Happy anniversary!
- To my dear husband, you are my protector and rock in daily living. Thank you for making me feel more loved and secure than ever before. You are a wonderful man!
- How exciting it is to have lived this past year joined to your side. It is in being with you that I am becoming my best self. I pray to always be as much of a support to you as you have been to me. Happy anniversary!
- One year down, so many ahead of us! Happy anniversary to the one with whom I want to share the rest of my days!
2-Year Anniversary Quotes
- In you, I’ve found the love of my life and my closest, truest friend.
- You make me want to be a better man. Melvin Udall
- There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness. Friedrich Nietzsche
- I’m yours, no refunds.
- I love you forever, not maybe. You are my one true love. Lana Del Rey
- I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart) I am never without it. E.E. Cummings
5-Year Anniversary Quotes
- If I know what love is, it is because of you. Herman Hesse
- Thinking of you keeps me awake. Dreaming of you keeps me asleep. Being with you keeps me alive.
- I won’t give up on us, even if the skies get rough. Jason Mraz
- Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves- alone we find it with another. Thomas Merton
- There is no one I’d rather lie in bed and look at my phone next to.
- Five years with my best friend and partner in crime, it could not have been better. We have gone from a family of two to having the pitter patter of little feet running around our home. You are making all of my dreams come true. Thank you and happy anniversary!
- When God brought me to you, I knew He had something special in store for us. I had no idea how special our lives together would be, though. I praise God for you every day. Happy anniversary to my soulmate!
- 60 months goes by so fast; some said it wouldn’t last! We promised to be joined forever; thank you for joining me in this endeavor! Happy anniversary!
- This year, let’s just snuggle, watch a movie, and sleep in tomorrow. This has been quite the eventful year and we deserve some relaxation to celebrate our union. Happy anniversary, dear love.
- Once again, I praise the Lord for His divine intervention in bringing us together. I could ask for no better a partner to share this roller coaster called life.
10-year Anniversary Quotes
- I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. John Green
- Doubt thou the stars are fire, Doubt that the sun doth move. Doubt the truth to be a liar, But never doubt I love. William Shakespeare
- Love is a condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own. Robert Heinlein
- If I could rearrange the alphabet, I’d put U and I together. Unknown
- In a world full of temporary things you are a perpetual feeling. Sanober Khan
- Love is just a word but you bring it definition. Eminem
- Time has passed, the kids have grown, and our love remains strong. You are more special to me every day. May our love continue to shine to those around us for years to come. Happy anniversary!
- My life is happier, healthier, and more complete because of you. Thank you for bringing me endless joy in our marriage. All of my love to you!
- Once upon a time, I was searching for love. Now, because of you, I have and continue to live happily ever after. May your days feel as blessed as mine. Happy anniversary!
- Because of you, I know love and live an enriched life. Because of you, I know happiness and how to share it with others. And, because of you, I know my future will be amazing. Happy anniversary, my love!
- To my best friend and soulmate, I want you to know I love you more every day and cherish our years together. Happy anniversary, sweetheart!
20-Year Anniversary Quotes
- A loving heart is the truest wisdom. Charles Dickens
- I’ll love you even when you’re old and wrinkly.
- Anyone can be passionate but it takes real lovers to be silly. Rose Franken
- Love is not something you find, love is something you build.
- I want you for always … days, years, eternities. Franz Schubert
25th Anniversary Quotes
- As we grow older together, As we continue to change with age, There is one thing that will never change … I will always keep falling in love with you. Karen Clodfelder
- Turns out I like you a lot more than I originally planned.
- Unless you love someone, nothing else makes sense. E.E. Cummings
50th Anniversary Quotes
- Where there is love there is life. Mahatma Gandhi
- Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet. Plato
- The bonds of matrimony are like any other bonds – they mature slowly. Peter De Vries
You may also like: