We all know how good it feels to get a good night’s sleep. But sometimes we need some help getting there. That’s where good night quotes come in! Reading or sharing good night quotes can be a great way to wind down from an otherwise hectic day and prepare for a peaceful slumber. Whether you share them with your friends on social media, use them as captions for your Instagram posts, or simply keep them tucked away in the back of your mind as you drift off into dreamland, good night quotes have the power to soothe and inspire us during those precious nighttime hours.
At first glance, good night quotes might seem like just another way to showcase our creativity on social media – but they can be so much more than that. These quotes can help settle our minds and give us a good night’s rest, allowing us to wake up the next day feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. They can bring peace of mind, clarity, and inspiration as we drift off into sleep. After all, good night quotes are more than just words – they’re a reminder that even in the darkest hours of the night, there is hope for something better on the horizon.
So if you’re looking for good night quotes to help you end your day on a positive note, look no further! We’ve compiled 100 of our favorite good night quotes from some of history’s greatest minds – including poets, philosophers, authors, and other great thinkers. Whether you need a good night quote to give someone a good night hug, or just want something inspiring to keep in the back of your mind as you drift off to sleep, we’ve got you covered. So keep reView Postading and let’s get ready for some good night zzzs!
Happy Cuddling, Reading & Dreaming!
Positive Good Night Quotes for a Peaceful Slumber
It’s good to end the day on a positive note, and these good night quotes will do just that. Get ready to drift off into dreamland feeling at peace and inspired!
- Take a deep breath. Inhale peace. Exhale happiness. A. D. Posey
- Good night, slept tight, awake full of joy at the morning light. Theodore Higgingsworth
- A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book. Irish proverb
- Good night now, and rest. Today was a test, You passed it, you’re past it. Now breathe till unstressed. Lin-Manuel Miranda
- I love the silent hour of night, For blissful dreams may then arise, Revealing to my charmed sight What may not bless my waking eyes. Anne Brontë
- Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. Maya Angelou
- Your future depends on your dreams, so go to sleep. Mesut Barazany
- Sleep is the best meditation. Dalai Lama
- Sleep is the golden chain that ties health and our bodies together. Thomas Dekker
- The darker the night, the brighter the stars. Vasily Rozanov
- This is the end of the day, but soon there will be a new day. Bernard Williams
- Touch your heart and shut your eyes, dream sweet dreams and sleep tight. Unknown
- Night is the wonderful opportunity to take rest, to forgive, to smile, to get ready for all the battles that you have to fight tomorrow. Allen Ginsberg
- Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow. William Shakespeare
- Before you go to sleep, do not forget to say thanks for everything good that has happened to you in the last 24 hours. I am thankful at the moment for you. Unknown
- Never let the darkness or negativity outside affect your inner self. Just wait until morning comes and the bright light will drown out the darkness. Today has been difficult, but tomorrow will be another day. Unknown
- Good night, and good luck. Edward R. Murrow
- Sweet dreams, good night, and may your tomorrow be so bright! Kate Summers
- My idea of a good night has always been having a lovely meal and a proper conversation. Kirsty Gallacher
- Night is always darker before the dawn and life is the same, the hard times will pass, everything will get better and sun will shine brighter than ever. Ernest Hemingway
- Before you fall asleep every day, say something positive to yourself. Enid Bagnold
- Enjoy the honey-heavy dew of slumber. William Shakespeare
- A well-spent day brings happy sleep. Leonardo da Vinci
- The world is for those who make their dreams come true. Harold Gray
- I like the night. Without the dark, we’d never see the stars. Stephenie Meyer
As you go to sleep tonight, remember that good things come with hard work and dedication.
Beautiful Good Night Quotes That’ll Have You Feeling Refreshed & Rejuvenated
End your day feeling refreshed and rejuvenated with these beautiful good night quotes. These good night quotes will have you feeling inspired, uplifted, and ready to start fresh tomorrow. So keep reading and let these good night quotes give you the good night vibes!
- Put your thoughts to sleep, do not let them cast a shadow over the moon of your heart. Let go of thinking. Rumi
- The sky grew darker, painted blue on blue, one stroke at a time, into deeper and deeper shades of night. Haruki Murakami
- As the night gets dark, let your worries fade. Sleep peacefully knowing you’ve done all you can do for today. Roald Dahl
- I think the best way to get a good night sleep is to work hard throughout the day. If you work hard and, of course, work out. William H. McRaven
- Good night—may you fall asleep in the arms of a dream, so beautiful, you’ll cry when you awake. Michael Faudet
- Make sure to be thankful before bed. What you think about now will determine the state of your dreams. Unknown
- Don’t try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night. Philip K. Dick
- Goodnight stars, goodnight air, goodnight noises everywhere. Margaret Wise Brown
- To all, to each, a fair good-night, and pleasing dreams, and slumbers light. Sir Walter Scott
- Here is to hoping that angels will guard you while you dream and the gentle breezes of the night will keep you cool. If it is too cold, may your blankets be warm as you drift on to a gentle rest. Unknown
- There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved. George Sand
- Although I love the stars that dot the night sky, I love the stars in your eyes even more. While I sleep, I will think about my favorite stars and wait to be with you again. Unknown
- Don’t fight with the pillow, but lay down your head and kick every worriment out of the bed. Edmund Vance Cooke
- Man should forget his anger before he lies down to sleep. Mahatma Gandhi
- Habit gives endurance, and fatigue is the best night cap. Jamaica Kincaid
- Goodnight, goodnight, goodnight, What more is there to say than goodnight? We’ve had a lot of fun and it’s time to toodle-oo. Au revoir, auf wiendersehn and Inka, dinks doo. Goodnight, goodnight, goodnight. Jimmy Durante
May these quotes remind you to be thankful for all the good things in life and motivate you to achieve your dreams.
Inspiring Good Night Quotes to Help You Drift Off to Sleep
Ready to fill your mind with goodnight inspiration? These good night quotes are sure to help you drift off into a peaceful slumber. Get ready to be inspired and ready for good night dreams!
- I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night. Sarah Williams
- Goodnight. Sleep awaits those of us who dare to dream. Anthony T. Hincks
- I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day. Vincent Van Gogh
- It is a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it. John Steinbeck
- The best bridge between despair and hope is a good night’s sleep. E. Joseph Cossman
- Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place. Kurt Vonnegut
- Let the night take you. Let the stars evaporate into your dreams. Let sleep be the only comfort for you to believe. Anthony Liccione
- Night is longer than day for those who dream & day is longer than night for those who make their dreams comes true. Jack Kerouac
- Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn. Mahatma Gandhi
- Even a soul submerged in sleep is hard at work and helps make something of the world. Heraclitus
- Music is love, love is music, music is life, and I love my life. Thank you and good night. A. J. McLean
- There is a time for many words, and there is also a time for sleep. Homer
- Some nights are made for torture, or reflection, or the savoring of loneliness. Poppy Z. Brite
- Always remember to fall asleep with a dream and wake up with a purpose. Unknown
- Every night, under the same sky and stars, probably since the emergence of humankind, people around the world have been wishing one another a good night. Efrat Shoham
- We love the night and its quiet; and there is no night that we love so well as that on which the moon is coffined in clouds. Fitz-James O’Brien
- The moon will guide you through the night with her brightness, but she will always dwell in the darkness, in order to be seen. Shannon L. Alder
- Night is purer than day; it is better for thinking, loving, and dreaming. At night everything is more intense, more true. The echo of words that have been spoken during the day takes on a new and deeper meaning. Elie Wiesel
- Being involved in a good night prayer can change lives as well. Dr. Olusola Coker
- Day is over, night has come. Today is gone, what’s done is done. Embrace your dreams, through the night. Tomorrow comes with a whole new light. George Orwell
- That’s the advantage of insomnia. People who go to bed early always complain that the night is too short, but for those of us who stay up all night, it can feel as long as a lifetime. You get a lot done. Banana Yoshimoto
- To be nobody-but-yourself – in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else – means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. E. E. Cummings
It’s time to close the books, put away your phone, and let these good night quotes guide you to a good night sleep. Sweet dreams!
Pin this post to save it for later!
Never Stop Dreaming | Good Night Messages for Friends
Have a Good Night! | 35 Goodnight Images to Share