Adventures in Taste | 111 Food Quotes
What can food do for us in our everyday lives besides nourish us? As a necessity to our survival, food provides energy, nutrition and contains a variety of protein, fat, carbs, vitamins and minerals. However, apart from eating what’s good for you, it can give you an exciting tasty experience and even be exactly what the doctor ordered! Yes, food is a must but it is also one of life’s most amazing pleasures, which is what has inspired prominent personalities to write, sing and joke about its role in our culture.
Whether it’s from plants or animals, food is enjoyed at home, at restaurants, in the street and is present in all types of celebrations and get-togethers. The colorful dishes you prepare with vegetables, herbs and spices can take your meal to a whole other level and convert it into an actual social event.
Many farmers or gardeners offer a great value in their products, especially if organically grown. The natural ingredients provided by plants are full of the nutritional value needed not only for survival but for a more healthy and strong function of the body. This may also include healthy glowing skin, shiny hair and strong teeth.
From fruits and vegetables to grains and the variety of meats or seafood, a main dish and its side salad can be unforgettable. A simple use of a fork, a chopstick or a spoon does have that ability to make you remember that full of flavor bite for a very long time.
Here you will find a great variety of food quotes and Instagram captions to inspire friends and loved ones to adapt to better and healthier eating habits as well as become more familiar with the importance of what’s in that dish we are about to eat.
Short Food Quotes and Food Captions
- Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.
- There is no love sincerer than the love of food.
- Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.
- All sorrows are less with bread.
- The belly rules the mind. Spanish Proverb
- After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations.
- We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie.
- Your body is not a temple, it’s an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.
- Anything is good if it’s made of chocolate.
- Everything in excess is opposed by nature.
- Laughter is brightest where food is best. Irish Proverb
- The fate of a nation depends on the way that they eat.
- Tis an ill cook that cannot lick his own fingers.
- A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.
- All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast. John Gunther
- After a full belly all is poetry.
- Only the pure in heart can make a good soup. Ludwig van Beethoven
- Food is not rational. Food is culture, habit, craving and identity. Jonathan Safran Foer
- Fools make feasts and wise men eat them.
- You don’t need a silver fork to eat good food. Paul Prudhomme
- Wine is the most healthful and most hygienic of beverages. Louis Pasteur
- To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art. François de la Rochefoucauld
- Almost anything is edible with a dab of French mustard on it.
- First we eat, then we do everything else. M.F.K. Fisher
- The only thing I like better than taking about food is eating. John Walters
- At home I serve the kind of food I know the story behind. Michael Pollan.
- Culture, when it comes to food, is a fancy word for your mom. Michael Pollan
- Food is our common ground, a universal experience. James Beard
- Good food is the foundation of genuine happiness.
- Good food is very often, even most often, simple food. Anthony Bourdain
Inspirational Food Quotes
- If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
- The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of the human race than the discovery of a star.
- I realized very early the power of food to evoke memory, to bring people together, to transport you to other places, and I wanted to be a part of that. José Andrés Puerta
- The shared meal elevates eating from a mechanical process of fueling the body to a ritual of family and community, from the mere animal biology to an act of culture.
- When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.
- Anyone who’s a chef, who loves food, ultimately knows that all that matters is: ‘Is it good? Does it give pleasure?’ Anthony Bourdain
- You have just dined, and however scrupulously the slaughterhouse is concealed in the graceful distance of miles, there is complicity.
- 1 billion people in the world are chronically hungry. 1 billion people are overweight.
- The way in which meals are enjoyed is very important to the happiness of life.
- Truly, love is delightful and pleasant food, supplying, as it does, rest to the weary, strength to the weak, and joy to the sorrowful. It in fact renders the yoke of truth easy and its burden light. Saint Bernard
- No one who cooks, cooks alone. Even at her most solitary, a cook in the kitchen is surrounded by generations of cooks past, the advice and menus of cooks present, the wisdom of cookbook writers.
- Cooking is all about people. Food is maybe the only universal thing that really has the power to bring everyone together. No matter what culture, everywhere around the world, people eat together. Guy Fieri
- Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside. Mark Twain
Famous Food Quotes
- One of the very best things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating.
- How can you govern a country which has 246 varieties of cheese?
- I like a cook who smiles out loud when he tastes his own work. Let God worry about your modesty; I want to see your enthusiasm.
- Life is a combination of magic and pasta. Federico Fellini
- Tell me what you eat and I will tell you who you are.
- To me, food is as much about the moment, the occasion, the location and the company as it is about the taste. Heston Blumenthal
- One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
- So long as you have food in your mouth you have solved all questions for the time being. Franz Kafka
- I am not a great cook, I am not a great artist, but I love art, and I love food, so I am the perfect traveller. Michael Palin
- The main facts in human life are five: birth, food, sleep, love and death.
- What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.
- When in a state of hunger, one ought not to undertake labor.
- Ice-cream is exquisite. What a pity it isn’t illegal.
- Learn to do common things uncommonly well; we must always keep in mind that anything that helps full the dinner pail is valuable.
- Growing up, I spent my childhood summers on my mother’s family farm in Puglia where I learned to make fresh pasta and olive oil and jar tomato sauce from my mother and several of her sisters. Donatella Arpaia
Quotes About Food And Love
- Cooking is at once child’s play and adult joy. And cooking done with care is an act of love.
- All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.
- Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate. Alan D Wolfelt
- Kissing don’t last: cookery do!
- My weaknesses have always been food and men — in that order. Dolly Parton
- Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all. Harriet van Horne
- Great food is like great sex. The more you have the more you want. Gael Greene
Healthy Food Quotes
- You are what what you eat eats.
- All disease begins in the gut.
- I know once people get connected to real food, they never change back. Alice Waters
- It’s difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato. Lewis Grizzard
- We are fat and sick and dying because we have handed a basic, fundamental and intimate function of life over to corporations. We choose to value our nourishment so little that we entrust it to strangers. This is insanity. Feed yourselves. Feed your loved ones. And for God’s sake, feed your children. Alton Brown
- Food and medicine are not two different things: they are the front and back of one body. Chemically grown vegetables may be eaten for food, but they cannot be used as medicine.
- We do children an enormous disservice when we assume that they cannot appreciate anything beyond drive through fare and nutritionally marginal, kid-targeted convenience foods. Our children are capable of consuming something that grew in a garden or on a tree and never saw a deep fryer.
- Your diet is a bank account. Good food choices are good investments. Bethenny Frankel
- Pasta doesn’t make you fat. How much pasta you eat makes you fat. Giada De Laurentiis
- Eating ‘Fresh Cuisine’ foods daily, in a sensual way, is the key to good health and blissful living.
- Any food that requires enhancing by the use of chemical substances should in no way be considered a food.
- The average person is still under the aberrant delusion that food should be somebody else’s responsibility until I’m ready to eat it.
Funny Food Quotes
- Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what’s for lunch.
- I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
- Humor keeps us alive. Humor and food. Don’t forget food. You can go a week without laughing.
- I hate people who are not serious about meals. It is so shallow of them.
- Food is an important part of a balanced diet.
- Thank you, horseradish, for being neither a radish nor a horse. What you are is a liar food. Jimmy Fallon
- You have to be a romantic to invest yourself, your money, and your time in cheese.
- Spaghetti can be eaten most successfully if you inhale it like a vacuum cleaner. Sophia Loren
- Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education.
- Anybody who believes that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach flunked geography.
- If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
- The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found.
Sharing Food Quotes
- Compassion and friendship are developed through dining. Keisuke Matsushima
- Food brings people together on many different levels. It’s nourishment of the soul and body; it’s truly love. Giada De Laurentiis
- To invite people to dine with us is to make ourselves responsible for their well-being for as long as they are under our roofs.
- My wife and I tried to breakfast together, but we had to stop or our marriage would have been wrecked.
- Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It’s not about nutrients and calories. It’s about sharing. It’s about honesty. It’s about identity. Louise Fresco
- Eating is so intimate. It’s very sensual. When you invite someone to sit at your table and you want to cook for them, you’re inviting a person into your life. Maya Angelou
- Sometimes me think, ‘What is Friend?’ and then me say, ‘Friend is someone to share the last cookie with.’ Cookie Monster, Sesame Street
Food And Protection Of Nature Quotes
- When chickens get to live like chickens, they’ll taste like chickens, too.
- Eating is an agricultural act.
- Eating is an agricultural act,’ as Wendell Berry famously said. It is also an ecological act, and a political act, too. Though much has been done to obscure this simple fact, how and what we eat determines to a great extent the use we make of the world – and what is to become of it.
- Teaching kids how to feed themselves and how to live in a community responsibly is the center of an education.
- The primary wealth is food, not money. Therefore anything that concerns the handling of the land also concerns me.
World Hunger Quotes
- There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.
- If you cant’ feed a hundred people, then just feed one. Mother Teresa
- Sometimes the only answer to death is lunch.
- In the end they will lay their freedom at our feet and say to us, Make us your slaves, but feed us.
- The satiated person and the hungry one do not see the same thing when they look upon a loaf of bread. Rumi
- . . . every society that grows extensive lawns could produce all its food on the same area, using the same resources, and . . . world famine could be totally relieved if we devoted the same resources of lawn culture to food culture in poor areas.
- He who feeds you, controls you.
You May Also Like
Click here for our best birthday wishes.