Parents are valuable for kids, quite literally the reason they exist. However, sometimes it can be a struggle to find the right words to express appreciation towards the people that raised you to be the person you are today. Sending wishes can be challenging on Parents’ Day; trying to find the best set of words to sum up a life of love and devotion in just a few phrases is hard.
Here is a collection of wishes to use this upcoming Parents’ Day to take out the stress and let the love shine through in your own words.
Table of Contents
- When Is Parents’ Day?
- What Is the History of Parents’ Day?
- How To Celebrate Parents’ Day
- “Happy Parents’ Day” Wishes
- Parents Quotes to write in a card on Parents’ Day
- Thank You Quotes for Parents
- ‘Respect Your Parents’ Quotes
- ‘My Parents’ Quotes
- Aging Parents Quotes
- ‘I Love my Parents’ Quotes
When Is Parents’ Day?
Parents’ Day is the fourth Sunday in July, which in 2021 falls on July 25. Just like Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, the actual date changes. It is spaced out to follow the two individual celebratory holidays to allow for a day for mutual appreciation for both parents. Since it falls on a Sunday, it is not a nationally observed holiday.
What Is the History of Parents’ Day?
Parents’ Day was started in the US in 1994 by President Bill Clinton, signing the Congressional Resolution into law. The bill was originally brought to the floor by Republican Senator Trent Lott. There are similar celebrations observed around the world. The United Nations designated June 1st as “Global Day of Parents” to show appreciation to parents for the commitment to raising their children.
How To Celebrate Parents’ Day
The best way to celebrate Parents’ Day is to do something heartfelt, whatever that entails. If you want to give your parent’s a thoughtful gift, it doesn’t have to be expensive. It can be something meaningful to them, it can be something homemade, or it can be something funny. Sending flowers is a simple way to show gratitude. A gift card for food is a great way to show love while letting them enjoy each other. A scarf or pair of socks is a warm and comforting message to let them know you love them. Whatever you send, put your love into it.
You can also plan an event or outing with them for Parents’ Day. At their age, they probably don’t want things anymore but will love experiences. A nice dinner out on the town, a walk on the beach, or even a stroll through the park can be a memorable and pleasant way to spend Parents’ Day. Do something that makes them happy to show that you care for them. They just want to spend time with you, so planning an outing together is the gift in and of itself.
If you’re not able to see your parents in person for Parents’ Day, there are some great alternatives you can do. You can record a video and send it to them, brightening their day from far away. You can download pictures of yourself with your parents and send them over email, reminding them of great times together. You can even organize a video call to catch up with each other while on camera, sharing smiles and laughs.
Lastly, if you forgot it was Parents’ Day or didn’t have enough money to do send what you wanted, a simple phone call can be perfect. Calling your parents and letting them know how much they mean to you can be worth more than any present. You can also send a handmade card with beautiful words that express how you feel. As long as they feel the love and gratitude you feel towards them as parents, then that is the perfect gift.
“Happy Parents’ Day” Wishes
- Happy Parents’ Day to my lovely parents! I’m so thankful that you’re such an important part of my life.
- Thank you, Mom and Dad, for teaching me valuable lessons. You’ve given me the knowledge and ability to be the best person I can be.
- I’m so glad that the two of you are my parents. You make me want to be better every day. You are such great role models in my life.
- I am here on this Earth today because of you, and I couldn’t be more grateful. Every day is a blessing, and I thank you for that.
- To my mom and dad, thank you for all you did to raise me. You did a fantastic job teaching me to be good. Happy Parents’ Day!
- When I think about you, my heart fills with joy. Thank you for all of your great parenting, and Happy Parent’s Day!
- You fill my life with laughter and happiness! I couldn’t be more proud to call you my parents. Happy Parents’ Day!
- Roses are red, violets are blue, I want to wish a Happy Parents’ Day to you! I love you for all that you do.
- Thank you for bringing me comfort and peace in my life, especially on this Parents’ Day. I have never known loneliness with you in my life.
- There are so many days that I am thankful you are in my life. There’s no better time for me to tell than today; Happy Parents’ Day!
- I wanted to let you know that you raised a strong and proud child. I couldn’t have done it without your help and guidance. Happy Parents’ Day!
- Happy Parents’ Day to my beautiful Mom and Dad. You are my favorite people in my life, and I love you very much.
Parents Quotes to write in a card on Parents’ Day
- All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my mother. Abraham Lincoln
- A parent’s love is whole no matter how many times divided. Robert Brault
- We use our parents like recurring dreams, to be entered into when needed. Doris Lessing
- No matter how far we come, our parents are always in us. Brad Meltzer
- Parents aren’t the people you come from. They’re the people you want to be when you grow up. Jodie Picoult
- So much is asked of parents, and so little is given. Virginia Satir
- It is not what you leave to your children that matters, but what you leave in them. Shannon L. Alder
- A father’s goodness is higher than the mountain, a mother’s goodness deeper than the sea. Japanese Proverb
- …The values I hold dear are carryovers from the lives of my parents. Sidney Poitier
- … parents are the most important people in a child’s life. Hillary Clinton
- Being a parent is the greatest trust that has been given to human beings. David O. McKay
- Asking a parent not to be a parent is like asking the sun not to be hot or snow not to be cold. Lesa Howard
- … when your children think of fairness, caring, and integrity, they think of you. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventures, story-tellers, and singers of songs. Pam Brown
- The fate of a child is in the hands of his parents. Shinichi Suzuki
- When the gardeners are good, the flower will bloom. Amish Tripathi
- We are the people our parents warned us about. Jimmy Buffett
- The greatest gift a parent can give a child is self-confidence. Stewart Stafford
- The child supplies the power but the parents have to do the steering. Benjamin Spock
- Education is the best gift my parent gave me. Lailah Gifty Akita
- She became a frame for the picture that was her son and daughter. Erica Bauermeister
- No other work transcends that of righteous, intentional parenting. Russell M. Nelson
- I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection. Sigmund Freud
- Just because you’re a parent doesn’t mean your needs aren’t important. Hilary Duff
- Let parents bequeath to their children not riches, but the spirit of reverence. Plato
- I think people who have good parents come into the world with strength, yes, and an advantage. Oprah Winfrey
- Parents are living gods. They do everything to make their children happy and expect nothing in return. Saravana Kumar Murugan
- Parents were the only ones obligated to love you; from the rest of the world you had to earn it. Ann Brashares
- One of the greatest titles in the world is parent, and one of the biggest blessings in the world is to have parents to call mom and dad. Jim DeMint
- The joys of parents are secret, and so are their griefs and fears: they cannot utter the one, nor will they utter the other. Francis Bacon
- The soul mate we marry can become an ex, but the soul mates we have in our children will be ours forever, until the end of our life. Roma Khetarpal
- The world talks to the mind. Parents speak more intimately — they talk to the heart. Hain Ginott
- Parents are like shuttles on a loom. They join the threads of the past with threads of the future and leave their own bright patterns as they go. Fred Rogers
Thank You Quotes for Parents
- Everything I am I owe to my faith and secondly to parents who were old school. J. C. Watts
- I’m the product of my parents’ dreams and aspirations. Jensen Huang
- I have the most supportive parents and family in the entire world. Taylor Spreitler
- The more I go through parenting, the more I say I owe my mother an apology. Ray Romano
- It takes a long time to appreciate one’s parents. Kristin Scott Thomas
- The most beautiful thing in the world is to see your parents smiling and the best thing is to know that you are the reason behind that smile. Aniket Chavan
- I’m very proud of the way that I was raised, I’m very proud of the way that my parents raised me. Nikki Haley
- The debt of gratitude we owe our mother and father goes forward, not backward. What we owe our parents is the bill presented to us by our children. Nancy Friday
- If your parents bring you no shame, be very grateful. If you’re proud of them, celebrate. Dennis Prager
- I want to thank my parents for somehow raising me to have confidence that is disproportionate with my looks and abilities. Tina Fey
- I couldn’t ask for better parents. I keep that at the forefront of whatever I do, and every time I feel like I can’t take another step, I see their faces, and that drives me. Tiger Shroff
- My parents couldn’t give me a whole lot of financial support, but they gave me good genes. So, thank you, Mom and Dad. Ashton Kutcher
- Parenting is the greatest pay it forward system on earth. We don’t owe our parents anything. We owe our children everything. The same was true for our parents. The same will be true for our children. Dan Pearce
‘Respect Your Parents’ Quotes
- Appreciate your parents. You never know what sacrifices they went through for you. Unknown
- Do your best for your parents. If you don’t, one day you will regret it. Debasish Mridha
- Honor your parents and your sons will honor you. Uknown
- Listen to your parents; respect them. They are well wishers. Sridevi
- Don’t leave your elders as Fallen Leaves. Pawan Prakash Tirkey
- You cannot let your parents anywhere near your real humiliations. Alice Munro
- As you get older you have more respect and empathy for your parents. Now I have a great relationship with both of them. Hugh Jackman
- Children begin by loving their parents; after a time they judge them; rarely, if ever, do they forgive them. Oscar Wilde
- Don’t anger your parents in order to please other people. Those other people did not spend their lives building yours. Unknown
- Pray regularly for the members of your family. Lailah Gifty Akita
- Don’t use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you to speak. Ali Ibn Abi Talib
- Love, respect and appreciate your parents as it is the one gift they truly cherish and desire. Margo Vader
- Each and every one of us who is still lucky enough to have our parents has a duty to them. We do owe them. Ann Jillian
- I just wish that I am always true to my work and myself and value the respect that my parents have earned. Prateik Babbar
- It is not a bad thing that children should occasionally, and politely, put parents in their place. Colette
- The least anyone can do is pay attention to their parents and people who are elder to them. Pankaj Kapur
- When you have children yourself, you begin to understand what you owe your parents. Japanese Proverb
- It’s especially hard to admit that you made a mistake to your parents, because, of course, you know so much more than they do. Sean Covey
- Blame or credit, does not belong to the child alone. Parents, those who raised the child, must be given equal credit, or blame. That does not change, when the child is one, twenty or ninety years old. Omar Kiam
‘My Parents’ Quotes
- My heroes are and were my parents, I can’t see having anyone else as my heroes. Michael Jordan
- My parents, especially my mother, has been my pillar of strength. Sangram Singh
- Yeah, my parents help me keep my feet on the ground. Rupert Grint
- My parents encouraged me in everything I ever wanted to do. Charles Kuralt
- My parents are my backbone. Still are. They’re the only group that will support you if you score zero or you score forty. Kobe Bryant
- My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me. Jim Valvano
- My father didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. Clarence Budinton Kelland
- My parents said that sitting at home playing video games all day won’t bring you anywhere in life. PewDiePie
- My father, he was like the rock, the guy you went to with every problem. Gwyneth Paltrow
- I’ve gotten a lot of good advice from my parents. Probably the best advice I’ve ever gotten from my mom is ‘Let it go.’ Leah Pipes
- My parents are very cool and wildly supportive – maybe almost too much. I want to tell them to chill out. Adam DeVine
- My parents couldn’t be looser. It was the ultimate laissez faire upbringing. Charlie Trotter
- My parents taught me never to judge others based on whom they love, what color their skin is, or their religion. Taylor Swift
- Their lot in life, their station, became a part of their personalities and helped to for my worldview. John Kasich
- My parents taught me service – not by saying, but by doing. That was my culture, the culture of my family. Alice Walker
- My parents suffered from that ideal of a perfect nuclear family. They found that a difficult pressure, I think. Tim Burton
- My parents always told me that if you want something, you can do whatever you have to do to get it. As long as it’s not against someone else. Marion Cotillard
- My parents taught me to never give up and to always believe that my future could be whatever I dreamt it to be. Susana Martinez
- What assurance do I have that your parenting isn’t screwing me up? Bill Watterson
- My upbringing is why I am the person I am today. I have very wise parents. Keira Knightley
- My mom and dad gave their kids the greatest gift of all – the gift of unconditional love. They cared deeply about who we would be, and much less about what we would do. Mitt Romney
Aging Parents Quotes
- If your parents are getting older, you must treat them as your own child. Pawan Prakash Tirkey
- To care for those who once cared for us is one of the highest honors. Tia Walker
- Love your parents and treat them with loving care and respect for you will only know their value when you see their empty chair and your days will be longer. Andre Bond
- We grow up expecting our parents to live forever until, one day, they’re suddenly gone. Riley Sager
- Parents. They didn’t leave you when you were young. So don’t leave them when they are old. Unknown
- When you lose your parents, the sadness doesn’t go away. It just changes. It hits you sideways sometimes instead of head-on. Like now. Jude Watson
- I’ve learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you’ll miss them when they’re gone from your life. Maya Angelou
- Later in life, children are often reluctant for a host of reasons to assume responsibility over their parents, a reversal of roles that symbolizes mortality. Caroline Fraser
- My parents are aging and there are difficult issues. It’s strange to have children at the beginning of life and parents nearing the end. Amy Waldman
- Occasionally I’ve seen children become heavy-handed and insensitive when dealing with their aging parents, and it only caused resentment and hard feelings. Billy Graham
‘I Love my Parents’ Quotes
- Love always comes up to my mind when I think about my parents. Kim Woo-bin
- The reason we love our parents is because they loved us first. Gary Vaynerchuk
- A mother and daughter’s love is never separated. Viola Shipman
- Compassion for our parents is the true sign of maturity. Anaïs Nin
- The children who need love the most will always ask for it in the most unloving ways. Russel Barkley
- I feel so happy and warm inside that I’ve made my parents proud. Chloe Madeley
- There’s nothing like your mother’s sympathetic voice to make you want to burst into tears. Sophie Kinsella
- I still frequent my parents’ house. I go there to escape, back to the bedroom that I grew up in. Just to sit there and feel small. Robert Smith
- No matter your age, you will always need your mom. Unknown
- If you want to love a parent you have to understand the incredible investment he or she has in you. If you are a parent, and you want to be loved, you have to deserve it. Jodi Picoult
- Money can’t buy everything, but it can buy most of it. Because of money, I could give my parents a comfortable life. Kangana Ranaut
- No blade can puncture the human heart like the well-chosen words of a spiteful son. Abraham Verghese
- This is not a contest with your child. The winner is not the one with more points. The winner is the one whose child still loves them when they graduate from high school. Martin L. Kutscher
- We are all, I suppose, beholden to our parents – the question is, how much? Jodi Picoult
You may also like: