Resurrection Time | Happy Easter Messages
Easter is so much more than bunnies and bonnets and baskets. It’s about celebrating the resurrection of Jesus and it’s a time for Christians throughout the world to join together and give thanks for God’s love. Easter is also a special opportunity for families and loved ones to come together and celebrate one another.
Since we can’t always be with those we care about and can’t tell them in person what they mean to us, it’s important to send out some warm holiday wishes. A wish chosen just for them will be like wrapping them up in a blanket of Easter joy. So before you go off to search for those eggs or sit down to an Easter feast, send someone you care about one of our uplifting Easter wishes.
Happy Easter Messages
Here are some warm Easter messages for family and friends.
- Wishing you and your beautiful family the most loving, joyous and special Easter ever.
- Easter checklist — Decorate eggs. Raid Easter basket. Consume giant family meal. Oh, and the most important thing of all? Have a very happy Easter!
- Sending you lots of love this Easter. Hope you and your family have a joyous celebration while having the happiest Easter of them all.
- I hope this Easter that your basket is brimming with joy, friendship and happiness. Enjoy the special day.
- Hug each member of your family extra close and make sure you tell them to have a wonderful Easter.
- The flowers are blooming, there’s new life all around and it is time to celebrate Easter! Enjoy this very special day!
- I’m so very thankful to have a you in my life. Here’s to wishing you a most jubilant Easter!
- Please accept this beautiful bouquet of springtime tulips, all tied up with a bow. Oh, and there’s a card with them that says, “Have a fantastic Easter!”
- Easter is all about celebrating renewal and new life. I hope this Easter ushers in a new lease on life for you and that you enjoy the rest of the year.
- Give each one of those kids a big hug from me and make sure you wish the whole family a happy Easter!
- When you sit down to enjoy your Easter meal with the family, think of me sitting right amongst the crowd and holding my glass up for a toast. Here’s to a joyful Easter for all!
- Spring has sprung and Easter is here. The world is bursting with new life. Enjoy this Easter and celebrate creation’s regeneration.
- Make some wonderful memories this Easter and bring those you love close to your heart as you rejoice.
Happy Easter Quotes
to inspire or include in a card.
- But from this earth, this grave, this dust, my God shall raise me up, I trust. Walter Raleigh
- On Easter Day the veil between time and eternity thins to gossamer. Douglas Horton
- The resurrection is at the core of our beliefs as Christians. Without it, our faith is meaningless. Joseph B. Wirthlin
- Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song.
- Easter is the only time when it’s perfectly safe to put all of your eggs in one basket. Evan Esar
- The great gift of Easter is hope. Basil C. Hume
- He takes men out of time and makes them feel eternity. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances. Robert Flatt
- Easter tells us that life is to be interpreted not simply in terms of things but in terms of ideals. Charles M. Crowe
- God is love and he has defeated evil. Pope Francis
- We live and die; Christ died and lived! John Stott
- We proclaim the resurrection of Christ when his light illuminates the dark moments of our existence. Pope Francis
- Our old history ends with the cross; our new history begins with our resurrection. Watchman Nee
- Where man sees but withered leaves, God sees sweet flowers growing. Albert Laighton
- He knows the way because He is the way. Jeffrey R. Holland
- Today we celebrate the gift of victory over every fall we have ever experienced. Jeffrey R. Holland
- And he departed from our sight that we might return to our heart, and there find Him. For He departed, and behold, He is here. St Augustine
- Easter spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life. S.D. Gordon
- Christ the Lord is risen today, sons of men and angels say. Raise your joys and triumphs high; sing, ye heavens and Earth reply. Charles Wesley
- By grace we are saved through faith. Kevin DeYoung
- Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won’t stay there. Clarence W. Hall
- To a Christian, Easter Sunday means everything, when we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Bernhard Langer
- I really do believe that God is love, one of deep affection and grace and forgiveness and inspiration. William P. Young
- It is at Easter that Jesus is most human, and like all humans, he fails and is failed. His is not an all-powerful God, it is an all-vulnerable God.
- Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in spring-time. Martin Luther
- Easter is the demonstration of God that life is essentially spiritual and timeless. Charles M. Crowe
- The story of Easter is the story of God’s wonderful window of divine surprise. Carl Knudsen
- There would be no Christmas if there was no Easter.
- Easter is a time when God turned the inevitability of death into the invincibility of life. Craig D. Lounsbrough
- Easter is meant to be a symbol of hope, renewal, and new life. Janine di Giovanni
- To believe in the story of Easter is to believe that a wall is nothing more than a door in disguise.
- The very first Easter taught us this: that life never ends and love never dies. Kate McGahan
- Spring adds new life and new joy to all that is. Jessica Harrelson
- Spring is the intro of the eastertide.
- Let the resurrection joy lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair to strength and beauty and happiness. Floyd W. Tomkins
- Well pleaseth me the sweet time of Easter
That maketh the leaf and the flower come out.
Bertran de Born
- To summarize, Easter Sunday is the most important Sunday. It is the Sunday of all Sundays. It is the day of the new beginning of the entire cosmos, the day of resurrection.
Funny Happy Easter Wishes
After you dye your eggs, crack a couple of jokes for a little Easter humor.
- Preparing for Easter can be overwhelming. I got so flustered I dyed the Easter baskets, hid the ham and ate all the eggs. Whew! Wishing you the most fun-filled and silliest Easter ever!
- Last Easter we only found 23 of 24 hidden eggs. This Easter I’m going to hide one extra, so that doesn’t happen again! Here’s to you and yours having a great Easter.
- Psst! I might be I’m crazy, but I think I just saw a giant rabbit wearing a bow tie hiding colorful eggs all over the place. Just thought I’d warn you! Happy Easter!
- I hope you can picture me proudly wearing my giant polka dot Easter bonnet. I’ve got it on as I’m wishing you a rather ridiculous and a very happy Easter.
- Did you know that along with Halloween, Easter is one of those days when you’re allowed to eat as much chocolate as you want? So put down that salad and have a simply scrumptious Easter!
- -How do bunnies stay healthy?
- As someone who doesn’t usually put all their eggs in one basket, Easter is a complicated time for me. Hope you have an uncomplicated and truly fun Easter!
- I had to write and to tell you to have a wonderful Easter because my mouth is too full of jelly beans to say it.
- A special friend is someone who has taste, elegance and style. A really special friend is someone who has taste, elegance, style and a basket of chocolate bunnies. Happy Easter, my friend!
- From one good egg to another, have a super fantastic Easter!
- There’s nothing more joyous than watching the kids hunt for Easter eggs. There’s also nothing sadder than remembering you forgot to hide them. Happy Easter!
- I was going to make a mix tape for the Easter bunny, but he only listens to hip hop. Hope you have a super cool Easter!
- How am I spending my Easter? Hanging out with some cool chicks. And some ducklings. And a bunny or two. Happy Easter!
- Easter is that rare day when you get to dress in your finest clothing while gorging yourself on candy. Hope your day brings lots of fashionable and delicious fun.
“Happy Easter” Religious Wishes
Let us celebrate God’s sacrifice of his son so that our sins would be forgiven.
- Wishing you blessings and much love on this Easter. Thanks be to our Savior who sacrificed himself for our sins and is the reason we celebrate this special day.
- Easter is about God showing his love for humanity through the miraculous resurrection of his only son. May you have a glorious Easter celebration in his honor.
- I wish you joy and many Easter blessings as we celebrate our Lord’s resurrection.
- He has risen! Praise be to God and let us all rejoice. May you join with your loved ones and have a very happy Easter.
- Easter is the time to celebrate God’s promise of being forgiven. May you take his love into your heart and praise his name on this wonderful day.
- Let me join you in celebrating the miracle of Jesus’ resurrection on this magnificent Easter day. I hope you enjoy a happy and peaceful celebration.
- He began his journey on the cross. He ended it with his resurrection. We are the richer for his sacrifice. In his name, have a blessed and joyous Easter.
- Can you hear the angels singing in praise of God today? I sure can! I hope the heavenly music of their voices surrounds you on this very special Easter.
- Easter is the day of all days to praise our Savior! May you and your family have a blessed and happy celebration.
- On this special day, may the Lord bless you and your family and fill their hearts with love. Have a wonderful Easter.
- May God bless your Easter celebration with peace, love and happiness.
- Take the time to rejoice and glorify God and your rewards will come back to you tenfold. May you have a happy and blessed Easter.
- Wishing you much happiness and health during this Easter season. May God walk with you and keep you safe.
Easter Bible Verses
The scriptures can often explain the true meaning of Easter.
- Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, then new is here! 2 Corinthians 5:17
- He is risen. Matthew 28:6
- Let your light shine before others. Matthew 5:16
- He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified, and on the third day be raised again. Luke 24:6
- Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this? John 11:25-26
- Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’ John 14:6
- And God raised the Lord and will also raise us up by his power. 1 Corinthians 6:14
- You killed the author of life, but God raised him from the dead. We are witnesses of this. Acts 3:15
- We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. Romans 6:9
- Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Romans 8:34
- For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 1 Corinthians 15:21
- He exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 1:20
- For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. Colossians 1:13-14
You may also like:
Click here for our best birthday wishes.