24 Warm, Funny and Inspiring Housewarming Messages for the Card You’ll Send
When a close friend or family member moves into a new home, it’s a monumental time in their life. A home is more than just a place to live. It’s a sanctuary to relax, play and recuperate from the daily grind we call life.
Giving a new homeowner the proper new home-ownership wishes can be a challenge. You don’t want to sound cliche or disingenuous. You want to bless them with the feeling of accomplishment and a bright future. For that, we bring you this collection of warm, funny and inspiring wishes that’ll make any new homeowner appreciate your thoughtfulness, humor and care. You may share or put them in that housewarming card you’re about to write. Let’s dive in.
Great Housewarming Quotes
- While life may not be perfect, it’ll feel like a dream every day you wake up in your beautiful new home.
This sentiment will remind your loved one that no matter what they have to take on in their lives, their new home will always be there to comfort and anchor them.
- A new home is more than just a house. It’s a present and future that holds no boundaries.
Home ownership is more than a mortgage and a roof. It’s a place to dream, laugh, love and create a memorable present and future.
- Love, laughs and dreams are only a breath away. Your new home will soon be filled with them.
Even if the new homeowner you love is feeling a bit lonely in their new home, this housewarming wish will remind them that the future holds many unexpected surprises.
- Your new home is almost as beautiful on the inside and out as you are.
Don’t be shy about reminding them how beautiful they are and how their new home helps reflect that.
- Life without a place to call home is barely a life at all. I’m so happy you found yours.
This could easily bring a tear to the eye of someone who has struggled their entire lives to finally have that place they could call their own.
- “Your new home is cozy, warm and reflects everything positive about you. You made the right choice.”
This statement will confirm that the new homeowner made the right choice in their selection. Everybody needs positive affirmation on some level.
Funny Housewarming Wishes
- Keep your friends close and don’t forget to invite us over – we don’t care about the mess.
Every new homeowner is going to struggle with keeping up on maintenance and cleaning. This is a funny way to remind them that you love them for who they are, not the current condition of their home.
- Love the new house. When you can’t afford it anymore, you know my basement couch is available. Maybe.
Most new homeowners are a bit scared about their ability to afford their mortgage every month. Let them know that they’re not the only ones that feel this way.
- Your new house sucks. I mean, I would have bought it but now that it’s yours, it just sucks.
A bit of “envy” never hurt anybody. Let them know that you’re a little jealous.
- There’s no way you’ll figure out how to decorate this place. I saw how you decorated your dorm in college.
This works well for old college friends who used to live together in close quarters when money was tight.
- You have to be kidding me. Did you find this place on Craigslist?
If your new homeowner friend has a good sense of sarcastic humor, hopefully they’ll appreciate this comedic sentiment. If not, be careful with this one!
- Your new house makes mine look like the dump I always knew it was. Which room is mine?
If they get you, they’ll get this.
- That’s it. We’re done. I can’t be friends with you anymore. You’re too high-class.
This humorous house warming wish will let the new homeowner know that you appreciate their style and confirm their buying decision in a way that’ll make them laugh.
- Nice house. Nice lot. Nice everything. I suck at wishes.
Again, showing envy is one of the best forms of flattery. Expect a laugh and a hug after this statement.
- When we were kids, I always knew you’d do better than me. Showoff!
Deliver this with a smile and watch your loved one swell with pride.
Inspiring Housewarming Messages
- No matter the time of day or night, I’ll always be there to help you accomplish your dreams.
Reminding you precious friend that you’ll always have their back will inspire them in ways you can’t imagine.
- Your dream has arrived; but bigger dreams await.
Let them know that this is only just the beginning of an exciting journey that will lead to things they haven’t even dreamed of yet.
- Never take for granted what you’ve accomplished. And never forget that this is only the beginning.
Moving into a new home is a lot of work. This will help them remember the reasons why they made this huge step in their lives.
- Don’t forget me when your new home is filled with love, children and dreams of the future.
Nothing is quite as inspiring as the thought of children (and eventually grandchildren) running around the house filled with hope.
- A new beginning is bigger than a new house. It’s about taking that house and making it a home.
With a few simple words you’ll help breathe inspiration into your loved one and get them thinking about why they’ve made this historic life decision.
- The next time you see me, you’ll be living the dream.
If you’re in a long-distance friendship or your family member lives far away, this will inspire them to create the home they’ve always dreamed of.
- You’ve made it. You’ve arrived. Congratulations.
What more is there to say?
The Best Housewarming Wishes Mean So Much
Moving into a new home is one of the biggest decisions any one of us make. These housewarming wishes will help make the person you love feel blessed beyond belief.
You may also like:
Click here for our best birthday wishes.