Easter is so much more than bunnies and bonnets and baskets. It’s about celebrating the resurrection of Jesus and it’s a time for Christians throughout the world to join together and give thanks for God’s love. Easter is also a special opportunity for families and loved ones to come together and celebrate one another.
Since we can’t always be with those we care about and can’t tell them in person what they mean to us, it’s important to send out some warm holiday wishes. A wish chosen just for them will be like wrapping them up in a blanket of Easter joy. So before you go off to search for those eggs or sit down to an Easter feast, send someone you care about one of our uplifting Easter wishes.
Table of Contents
- Happy Easter Messages
- Funny Happy Easter Wishes
- Easter Wishes for Friends
- Happy Easter Quotes by Famous People
- Easter Wishes for your Family
Happy Easter Messages
Here are some warm Easter messages for everyone celebrating .
- Wishing you and your beautiful family the most loving, joyous and special Easter ever.
- Easter checklist — Decorate eggs. Raid Easter basket. Consume giant family meal. Oh, and the most important thing of all? Have a very happy Easter!
- Sending you lots of love this Easter. Hope you and your family have a joyous celebration while having the happiest Easter of them all.
- I hope this Easter that your basket is brimming with joy, friendship and happiness. Enjoy the special day.
- Hug each member of your family extra close and make sure you tell them to have a wonderful Easter.
- The flowers are blooming, there’s new life all around and it is time to celebrate Easter! Enjoy this very special day!
- I’m so very thankful to have a you in my life. Here’s to wishing you a most jubilant Easter!
- Please accept this beautiful bouquet of springtime tulips, all tied up with a bow. Oh, and there’s a card with them that says, “Have a fantastic Easter!”
- Easter is all about celebrating renewal and new life. I hope this Easter ushers in a new lease on life for you and that you enjoy the rest of the year.
- Give each one of those kids a big hug from me and make sure you wish the whole family a happy Easter!
- When you sit down to enjoy your Easter meal with the family, think of me sitting right amongst the crowd and holding my glass up for a toast. Here’s to a joyful Easter for all!
- Spring has sprung and Easter is here. The world is bursting with new life. Enjoy this Easter and celebrate creation’s regeneration.
- Make some wonderful memories this Easter and bring those you love close to your heart as you rejoice.
Funny Happy Easter Wishes
After you dye your eggs, crack a couple of jokes for a little Easter humor.
- Preparing for Easter can be overwhelming. I got so flustered I dyed the Easter baskets, hid the ham and ate all the eggs. Whew! Wishing you the most fun-filled and silliest Easter ever!
- Last Easter we only found 23 of 24 hidden eggs. This Easter I’m going to hide one extra, so that doesn’t happen again! Here’s to you and yours having a great Easter.
- Psst! I might be I’m crazy, but I think I just saw a giant rabbit wearing a bow tie hiding colorful eggs all over the place. Just thought I’d warn you! Happy Easter!
- I hope you can picture me proudly wearing my giant polka dot Easter bonnet. I’ve got it on as I’m wishing you a rather ridiculous and a very happy Easter.
- Did you know that along with Halloween, Easter is one of those days when you’re allowed to eat as much chocolate as you want? So put down that salad and have a simply scrumptious Easter!
- -How do bunnies stay healthy?
- As someone who doesn’t usually put all their eggs in one basket, Easter is a complicated time for me. Hope you have an uncomplicated and truly fun Easter!
- I had to write and to tell you to have a wonderful Easter because my mouth is too full of jelly beans to say it.
- A special friend is someone who has taste, elegance and style. A really special friend is someone who has taste, elegance, style and a basket of chocolate bunnies. Happy Easter, my friend!
- From one good egg to another, have a super fantastic Easter!
- There’s nothing more joyous than watching the kids hunt for Easter eggs. There’s also nothing sadder than remembering you forgot to hide them. Happy Easter!
- I was going to make a mix tape for the Easter bunny, but he only listens to hip hop. Hope you have a super cool Easter!
- How am I spending my Easter? Hanging out with some cool chicks. And some ducklings. And a bunny or two. Happy Easter!
- Easter is that rare day when you get to dress in your finest clothing while gorging yourself on candy. Hope your day brings lots of fashionable and delicious fun.
Easter Wishes for Friends
- Why does a bunny deliver the eggs on Easter, when bunnies don’t even lay eggs?
Because Easter is a time to celebrate the unexpected.
Hope your Easter is miraculous!
- If Jesus had known how much chocolate we’d be enjoying on Easter,
He would have risen even sooner.
Have a Delicious and Blessed Easter.
- May your Easter season be a time to renew, to replenish, and to rejoice.
- Here’s hoping the Easter bunny leaves your garden untouched . . . and your baskets brimming with candy! Best wishes for a Peaceful Easter.
- Wishing you all the blessings of the Easter season in the name of Our Savior, Jesus Christ.
- Easter: Just like Christmas, only with none of the stress and twice as much candy.
Have a perfect holiday!
- Easter always falls on the first Sunday after the first full moon following the vernal equinox.
Because you’ll need the sugar high if you want to maintain that full moon fever.
Hope your Easter is crazy good!
- What’s that you say? Easter falls on April 1st this year?
No, it’s not April Fool’s . . . It’s really Easter!
Here’s hoping your Easter is no joke!
- Blue skies, the return of the sun, the awakening of the Earth . . . if you ever find yourself questioning the wisdom of our Lord, remind yourself that He chose the perfect time of year to provide us with the greatest gift of all.
May your Easter be filled with all the blessings of the season.
- The best thing about Easter is that no one looks at you funny when you eat chocolate eggs for breakfast.
Have the tastiest of Easters!
- May Jesus Christ our Savior be with you on this Easter Sunday, and may His influence guide you throughout all the days of the year.
- Easter’s got to be my favorite holiday . . . anything that keeps the chocolate industry up and running is aces in my book!
Hope your Easter is yummy!
- Easter represents the awakening of the Earth, the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and a chance for new beginnings . . . for all of us.
Have a Blessed and Rejuvenating Easter.
- Ever wonder how the Easter bunny got to be the official Easter mascot?
Well, doesn’t this fine spring weather put a little bounce in your step?
Here’s “hopping” you have the best Easter yet!
- Wishing you and your family an Easter season filled with peace, joy, and the spirit of renewal.
- What do I want in my Easter basket this year?
A chance to start afresh in this season of new awakenings,
good health and peace for all,
and enough chocolate to fill in all the gaps.
(Hey, I’m only human.)
Hope the Easter bunny brings you everything you desire!
- Ever wonder why the Easter bunny makes the eggs so difficult to find?
Because he knows that if Mom and Dad knew where they were, they’d eat all the candy for themselves before you could get any.
Have a happy and luck-filled Easter Sunday!
Happy Easter Quotes by Famous People
These Easter quotes are meant to inspire or be included in an Easter card.
- But from this earth, this grave, this dust, my God shall raise me up, I trust. Walter Raleigh
- On Easter Day the veil between time and eternity thins to gossamer. Douglas Horton
- The resurrection is at the core of our beliefs as Christians. Without it, our faith is meaningless. Joseph B. Wirthlin
- Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song.
- Easter is the only time when it’s perfectly safe to put all of your eggs in one basket. Evan Esar
- The great gift of Easter is hope. Basil C. Hume
- He takes men out of time and makes them feel eternity. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances. Robert Flatt
- Easter tells us that life is to be interpreted not simply in terms of things but in terms of ideals. Charles M. Crowe
- God is love and he has defeated evil. Pope Francis
- We live and die; Christ died and lived! John Stott
- We proclaim the resurrection of Christ when his light illuminates the dark moments of our existence. Pope Francis
- Our old history ends with the cross; our new history begins with our resurrection. Watchman Nee
- Where man sees but withered leaves, God sees sweet flowers growing. Albert Laighton
- He knows the way because He is the way. Jeffrey R. Holland
- Today we celebrate the gift of victory over every fall we have ever experienced. Jeffrey R. Holland
- And he departed from our sight that we might return to our heart, and there find Him. For He departed, and behold, He is here. St Augustine
- Easter spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life. S.D. Gordon
- Christ the Lord is risen today, sons of men and angels say. Raise your joys and triumphs high; sing, ye heavens and Earth reply. Charles Wesley
- By grace we are saved through faith. Kevin DeYoung
- Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won’t stay there. Clarence W. Hall
- To a Christian, Easter Sunday means everything, when we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Bernhard Langer
- I really do believe that God is love, one of deep affection and grace and forgiveness and inspiration. William P. Young
- It is at Easter that Jesus is most human, and like all humans, he fails and is failed. His is not an all-powerful God, it is an all-vulnerable God.
- Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in spring-time. Martin Luther
- Easter is the demonstration of God that life is essentially spiritual and timeless. Charles M. Crowe
- The story of Easter is the story of God’s wonderful window of divine surprise. Carl Knudsen
- There would be no Christmas if there was no Easter.
- Easter is a time when God turned the inevitability of death into the invincibility of life. Craig D. Lounsbrough
- Easter is meant to be a symbol of hope, renewal, and new life. Janine di Giovanni
- To believe in the story of Easter is to believe that a wall is nothing more than a door in disguise.
- The very first Easter taught us this: that life never ends and love never dies. Kate McGahan
- Spring adds new life and new joy to all that is. Jessica Harrelson
- Spring is the intro of the eastertide.
- Let the resurrection joy lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair to strength and beauty and happiness. Floyd W. Tomkins
- Well pleaseth me the sweet time of Easter
That maketh the leaf and the flower come out.
Bertran de Born
- To summarize, Easter Sunday is the most important Sunday. It is the Sunday of all Sundays. It is the day of the new beginning of the entire cosmos, the day of resurrection.
Easter Wishes for your Family
Easter Wishes for Mom
- Happy Easter to a wonderful mother. Mom, it’s my prayer that the miracle that comes with Easter will fill your heart with real happiness all the days of your beautiful life. Have a blissful day.
- As we commemorate Jesus Christ’s amazing resurrection from the dead, I pray for nothing but your happiness and prosperity. Happy Easter to you, my beloved mother.
- Rejoice, sweet Mother, for today is the day that Jesus’ promise was fulfilled! May the choicest of blessings from above fall on you and keep you happy and healthy until the end of time. Happy Easter.
- Mom, may the hope that Easter is enriched with be with you until the end of time. Happy Easter!
- Wishing my beloved mother an Easter celebration that is truly blessed and utterly happy. May God bestow upon you good health, peace, happiness, good fortune and protection. Enjoy this Resurrection Sunday to the max.
- Dearest Mother, may your Easter bring you the happiness that your amazing love fills my heart and soul with every day. I wish you a blessed Easter.
Easter Wishes for Dad
- As we celebrate the miraculous resurrection of Jesus Christ, may your life be blessed with never-ending happiness and magical moments. Happy Easter, Dad.
- Dad, on this wonderful Easter Sunday, it’s my prayer that Jesus will bless you abundantly with good health and real joy. Enjoy every moment of your Easter. I love you.
- I hope that this Easter Sunday will fill your life with all the happiness and peace in the universe. Happy Easter, sweet Father.
- May this Resurrection Sunday bless your life with joyful moments and good fortune. Happy Easter. I love you so much, Dad.
- Wishing the most special man in my life a fabulously glorious Easter. Dad, may the spirit of Easter visit you today and bestow blessings upon blessings upon you so that you may live every day of your life in total bliss.
Easter Wishes for your Brother
- May the hope that accompanies Easter be with you forever. Happy Easter, dearest brother.
- Wishing a blessed Easter to my amazing brother. Brothers/sisters never let brothers celebrate Easter all by themselves! I hope this Easter is as beautiful as the fact that you are my brother is to me.
- Wishing you an incredibly wonderful Easter. Today is indeed the most important day of the year because it is the day Jesus rose from the dead and further established himself as the Son of God. May Jesus’ extraordinary defeat of death forever fill your heart with hope.
- Just like this Easter can’t be complete without the Easter bunny and Easter eggs, so also can my life never be complete without you, my dear brother. May you be as happy as a king this Easter.
- Christ’s resurrection from the cold arms of death is proof enough that there is nothing His amazing powers can’t overcome. Keep your faith in Him and He will do amazing miracles in your life. Happy Easter, dear brother.
- Wishing a truly happy Easter to a truly wonderful brother. I hope the spirit of Easter will take away all your burdens and replace them with peace and happiness.
- The remarkable resurrection of Jesus Christ is by all accounts one of the most important events in the history of mankind, and by Jove, we shall celebrate this extraordinarily important day to the max! Happy Easter, brother!
Easter Wishes for your Sister
- Happy Easter to you, my dearest sister. May your Easter bring into your life all the good things in this world.
- Sending you sweet hugs and all the joy in this world this Easter. May the Lord bless you abundantly with all the wonderful things that you desire in life. Happy Easter, sweet sister.
- Dearest sister, it’s my hope that your Easter will be as sweet as your life has been. Happy Easter.
- Wishing you the happiest Easter ever. May God pour His amazing blessings on you today and forever. Love you lots, dear sister.
- On this Easter Sunday, may the Almighty God bless you and let His amazing light guide every path you tread. I wish you a fabulously happy Easter celebration.
- On this auspicious occasion of the resurrection of Christ, it’s my prayer that the risen Jesus will flood your life with everlasting hope and happiness.
- I wish you a glorious Easter Sunday, sweet sister. May all your dreams draw closer to you with each passing day. I hope you celebrate this great day with a heart full of joy.
- May your Easter basket be filled to the brim with love, joy and God’s choicest blessings. Happy Easter.
- Happy Easter to you, Sis. May your Easter not only be filled with Easter eggs but also the amazing blessings of Jesus Christ, our Savior.
Easter Wishes for Grandma
- Wishing the happiest of Easter celebrations ever to the world’s most loving and caring grandmother. Grandma, may Christ use this Easter to fill your heart with all the happiness it can contain. Have a truly blessed day.
- May this Easter bring an end to any pains and sorrow you might be battling with. Happy Easter to you, my dearest Grandma.
- Happy Resurrection Sunday, dear Grandma. As we observe this very important day in the Christian calendar, it’s my prayer that God will bless you with a lifetime of good health and happiness. Enjoy every moment of this Easter Sunday.
- Sending the warmest of Easter greetings to you, my wonderful grandma. May the spirit of Easter bless your life with all that you desire. Happy Easter.
- May the mighty power of Jesus, which allowed him to defeat death, bring blessings beyond your wildest imagination into your life. Happy Easter, sweet Grandma.
Easter Wishes for Grandpa
- May your life be prosperous and accompanied by a phenomenal amount of happiness. Happy Easter!
- This Easter is a reminder once again to all of us to never lose faith in God. The unrivaled power of God will always make the impossibility possible. Happy Easter.
- As we rejoice on this very important festive occasion, it is my hope that incessant and endless good fortune will accompany every second of your life. Happy Easter Sunday, my beloved Grandfather.
- Have a beautiful Easter, Grandpa. I hope this great resurrection festival will surround your life with faith, hope, peace, and heavenly bliss.
- May an abundance of inner peace and joy be with you on this Easter Sunday and all the days of your existence. Have a blessed Easter, Grandpa.
- Here’s wishing you an enjoyable and bright Easter celebration, Granddad. May oceans of joy be with you on this special day that the Lord rose from the dead. Happy Easter.
Easter Wishes for Aunt
- Wishing a very beautiful Easter celebration to may amazing aunt. Dearest aunt, I hope the merciful and kind spirit of Easter will bless you with all the good things you need to live a truly happy life. Happy Easter!
- Happy Easter, aunt! May this special day be as special as you. Wishing you good health and eternal happiness.
- You have been a wonderful aunt to me all my life, and that is why on this Resurrection Sunday, I pray for happiness and prosperity to accompany you wherever life takes you. Happy Easter.
- Peace, love and happiness are all I ask for you this Easter. Have the happiest Easter ever, my sweet aunt.
- Easter is certainly one of the most wonderful days of the year as it is the day Christ won the fight against death. May this victory deepen your faith in Christ and fill your heart with hope and joy. Wishing my lovely aunt a blessed Easter.
- Easter is one of the most important occasions in the history of mankind. I hope you celebrate it with a heart full of joy. Happy Easter, dear aunt.
Easter Wishes for Uncle
- Dear uncle, wishing you peace, hope and joy throughout this Easter break. May the spirit of Easter guide and protect you all the days of your life. Happy Easter.
- Sending a basketful of warm greetings and hugs to my dearest uncle this Easter. May God’s matchless love be with you as you celebrate this great day.
- Happy Resurrection Sunday, dearest uncle. May this Easter fill your life with joy, hope and grace.
- This is an outstanding day as it is the day Jesus defeated death and came back to life. As we make merriment on this holy day, it’s my prayer that the beautiful colors of your Easter eggs will decorate your world. Wishing you a truly fabulous Easter!
- Happy Easter to someone who makes the world a more beautiful place just by being a part of it. Uncle, just like you make this world better, may God make everything better in your life on this holy day.
- May this Easter bless you with a long, happy life filled with successful periods. Happy Easter to the greatest uncle in the world!
Easter Wishes for Cousins
- As we remember Christ’s return to life on this holy day, it’s my fervent prayer that peace, hope and happiness will never abandon you throughout your mortal journey. Happy Easter.
- This Easter, may your world be as colorful as your Easter eggs. Happy Easter.
- Just like the Easter Bunny brings chocolate eggs at Easter, so will this outstanding day bring you all the joy your world can contain. Have a beautiful and blessed Easter.
- May the astonishing power Jesus Christ used in resurrecting from the dead save you from all the plans of your enemies and grant you the desires of your heart. Happy Easter.
- Christ’s remarkable return to life from the land of the dead is one of the clearest signs that if we walk with Him in faith, He will make us more than conquerors. Have a blessed Resurrection Sunday!
- Have a very blissful Easter celebration, for Jesus Christ is alive! And as you do that, may the spirit of Easter grant you happiness, good health and success.
- Peace, love and tons of chocolate eggs to you as you celebrate this Easter Sunday. Have a glorious celebration.
- Today, thousands of years ago, Jesus Christ performed His greatest miracle by defeating death and coming back to life. May today mark the beginning of great miracles in your life. Happy Easter.
You may also like: