One Love | 99 Famous Bob Marley Quotes
Robert Nesta Marley is a timeless artist whose songs touch the essence of the human heart and soul and have been recognized accordingly. As a recording artist, Bob Marley sold more than 20 million records throughout his career, which made him a world ambassador for reggae music. Besides, his songs of great social and political importance, Marley was committed to fighting oppression and helping people and organizations in developing nations through his legacy.
In this post, you will find some of the most famous Bob Marley quotes, which many people still lean on today for advice about life and inspiration to love freely.
Popular Bob Marley Quotes
- Bob Marley isn’t my name. I don’t even know my name yet.
- When one door is closed, don’t you know that many more are open.
- Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
- One lifetime is not enough to live.
- Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you’re living?
- Judge not unless you judge yourself.
- I truly believe.
- Who are you to judge the life I live?
I know I’m not perfect
-and I don’t live to be-
but before you start pointing fingers…
make sure you hands are clean!
- You just can’t live that negative way.
You know what I mean. Make way for the positive day. Cause it’s a new day…
- You can’t find the right roads when the streets are paved.
- My future is righteousness.
- Tell the children the truth.
- Man is a universe within himself.
- Judge not if you’re not ready for judgment.
- Every man gotta right to decide his own destiny.
- Better to die fighting for freedom than be a prisoner all the days of your life.
- I know that I’m not perfect and that I don’t claim to be, so before you point your fingers make sure your hands are clean.
- Don’t trust people whose feelings change with time. Trust people whose feelings remain the same, even when the time changes.
- I don’t stand for black man’s side, I don’t stand for white man’s side, I stand for God’s side.
- You have to be someone.
- Don’t forget your history nor your destiny.
- One good thing about music—when it hits you, you feel no pain.
- My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die.
- In this great future, you can’t forget your past.
- The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?
- A hungry mob is an angry mob.
- Light up the darkness.
- Only a foolish dog barks at a flying bird.
- Never expect God to do for you what you don’t do to others.
- Every man gotta right to decide his own destiny.
- Just because you are happy it does not mean that the day is perfect but that you have looked beyond its imperfections.
- Me only have one ambition, y’know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind live together – black, white, Chinese, everyone – that’s all.
- Free speech carries with it some freedom to listen.
- Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.
- When the root is strong, the fruit is sweet.
- I don’t believe in death, neither in flesh nor in spirit.
- In the abundance of water a fool is thirsty.
- Until the end of the world,all whys will be answered,but now,you can only ask!
- I no have education. I have inspiration. If I was educated I would be a damn fool.
- Rastafari not a culture, it’s a reality.
- If you get down and quarrel every day, you’re saying prayers to the devil, I say.
- My feet is my only carriage.
- Put your vision to reality.
- It’s your own conscience
That is gonna remind you
That it’s your heart and nobody else’s
That is gonna judge.
- As a man sow, shall he reap. And I know that talk is cheap. But the heat of the battle is as sweet as the victory.
- Two thousand years of history Black History could not be wiped away so easily.
- I don’t know how to live good. I only know how to suffer.
- The problem is people are being hated when they are real, and are being loved when they are fake.
- Everything is political. I will never be a politician or even think political. Me just deal with life and nature. That is the greatest thing to me.
- Man can’t do without God. Just like you’re thirsty, you have to drink water. You just can’t go without God.
- Babylon is everywhere. You have wrong and you have right. Wrong is what we call Babylon, wrong things. That is what Babylon is to me. I could have born in England, I could have born in America, it make no difference where me born, because there is Babylon everywhere.
- Though the road’s been rocky it sure feels good to me.
- When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself.
- When you smoke (ganja) you don’t want to war.
- So if you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
- I went deep inside myself. I had time to explore my beliefs and because of that I’m stronger.
- My music will go on forever. Maybe it’s a fool say that, but when me know facts me can say facts. My music will go on forever.
- Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don’t give up the fight.
- You can fool some people some times but you cant fool all the people all the time
- Your Worst Enemy Could Be Your Best Friend && Your Best Friend Your Worst Enemy.
- In the high tide or low tide, I’m gonna be your friend… I’m gonna be your friend!
- Some Will Hate You Pretend They Love You Now Then Behind They Try To Eliminate You
- the power of philosophy floats through my head.. light like a feather, heavy as lead.
- If you’re white and you’re wrong, then you’re wrong; if you’re black and you’re wrong, you’re wrong. People are people. Black, blue, pink, green – God make no rules about color; only society make rules where my people suffer, and that why we must have redemption and redemption now.
- You not supposed to feel down over whatever happen to you. I mean, you’re supposed to use whatever happen to you as some type of upper, not a downer.
- You entertain people who are satisfied. Hungry people can’t be entertained – or people who are afraid. You can’t entertain a man who has no food.
Bob Marley Love Quotes
- Overcome the devils with a thing called love.
- Love would never leave us alone.
- They told me that to make her fall in love I had to make her laugh. But every time she laughs I’m the one who falls in love.
- When love is real nobody can end it: LOVES IS A KEY that someone has to open your heart.
- Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.
- She may not be the most popular or prettiest but if you love her and she makes you smile… what else matters?
- There will never be no love at all.
- And don’t expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she’s not there.
- Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around.
- If she’s amazing, she won’t be easy. If she’s easy, she won’t be amazing. If she’s worth it, you won’t give up. If you give up, you’re not worthy. … Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.
- One love, one heart, Let’s get together and feel alright.
- If puss and dog can get together, why can’t we love one another?
- You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it. You say you love sun, but you seek shelter when it is shining. You say you love wind, but when it comes you close your windows. So that’s why I’m scared when you say you love me.
- The biggest coward of a man is to awaken the love of a woman without the intention of loving her.
Bob Marley Quotes about Life
- Wake up and live.
- beginnings are usually scary, and endings are usually sad, but its everything in between that makes it all worth living.
- Live for yourself and you will live in vain; live for others, and you will live again.
- The day you stop racing is the day you win the race.
- They will always tell you that you can’t do what you want to do, but you can do what you want to do. You just have to believe in yourself. The system is to bring you down, but you can rise up.
Live for others, and you will live again.
- Live the life you love. Love the life you live.
- Look like barbie, Smoke like Marley.
- The stone that the builder refused shall be the head corner stone.
- They say: only the fittest of the fittest shall survive, stay alive!
- When one door is closed, don’t you know, another is open.
- Life and Jah are one in the same. Jah is the gift of existence. I am in some way eternal, I will never be duplicated. The singularity of every man and woman is Jah’s gift. What we struggle to make of it is our sole gift to Jah. The process of what that struggle becomes, in time, the Truth.
- Most people think great God will come from the skies, take away everything, and make everybody feel high. But if you know what life is worth, you will look for yours on earth.
Bob Marley Quotes about Money
- Money is numbers and numbers never end. If it takes money to be happy, your search for happiness will never end.
- Don’t gain the world and lose your soul. Wisdom is better than silver and gold.
- Money can’t buy you life.
- The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
- I wish we were all hippies and did yoga, lived in cottages, smoked weed, accepted everyone for who they are, and listened to wonderful music. I wish money didn’t make us who we are. I just wish we could redo society.
You may also like: