Youth Quotes | Original and Famous Quotes for the International Youth Day
International Youth Day (IYD) is celebrated every year on 12 August mainly to create awareness on the numerous issues and challenges faced by the youth of the world.
In the light of this, we have taken it upon ourselves to compile a majestic list of original and famous youth quotes, which we hope you can use in commemorating this very important awareness day of the year.
Famous Youth Quotes
- Youth comes but once in a lifetime. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old. Franz Kafka
- Age considers; youth ventures. Rabindranath Tagore
- A youth is to be regarded with respect. How do we know that his future will not be equal to our present? Confucius
- The beauty of collaboration between older and younger generations is that we combine strength with wisdom—a surefire way to accomplish more for the glory of God. Brett Harris
- I shot through my twenties like a luminous thread through a dark needle, blazing toward my destination: Nowhere. Carrie Fisher
- That’s the duty of the old, to be anxious on behalf of the young. And the duty of the young is to scorn the anxiety of the old. Philip Pullman
- Dear young people, do not be afraid of making decisive choices in life. Have faith; the Lord will not abandon you! Pope Francis
- Older men declare war. But it is youth that must fight and die. Herbert Hoover
- The duty of youth is to challenge corruption. Kurt Cobain
- Youth is in a grand flush, like the hot days of ending summer; and pleasant dreams thrall your spirit, like the smoky atmosphere that bathes the landscape of an August day. Donald G. Mitchell
- Youth is incredible because you really do feel invincible. Paul Stanley
- Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art. Stanislaw Jerzy
- The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently. Friedrich Nietzsche
- Good habits formed at youth make all the difference. Aristotle
- The youth need to be enabled to become job generators from job seekers. APJ Abdul Kalam
- Everybody’s youth is a dream, a form of chemical madness. F. Scott Fitzgerald
- To be left alone on the tightrope of youthful unknowing is to experience the excruciating beauty of full freedom and the threat of eternal indecision. Maya Angelou
- In youth we learn; in age we understand. Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach
- Confusion is a luxury which only the very, very young can possibly afford and you are not that young anymore. James Baldwin
- In war, our elders may give the orders…but it is the young who have to fight. T.H. White
- The future belongs to young people with an education and the imagination to create. Barack Obama
- Young people should be at the forefront of global change and innovation. Empowered, they can be key agents for development and peace. If, however, they are left on society’s margins, all of us will be impoverished. Let us ensure that all young people have every opportunity to participate fully in the lives of their societies. Kofi Annan
- When educating the minds of our youth, we must not forget to educate their hearts. Dalai Lama
Original Youth Quotes
- I am of the firm belief that empowering our young is one of the surest ways to make this world a better and brighter place.
- From the deepest depths of my soul, I believe the youth is our biggest asset for the future.
- If only the older men of this would give the youth of this world a greater voice, what a wonderful place this world would be.
- Oh youth, thou art a priceless gift.
- There’s no two ways about it, any nation that messes with its youth messes with its future.
- Youth is the ornament of life and one of the universe’s most priceless treasures.
- As a people, we must be so dumb not to invest in the future of our youth when there’s overwhelming evidence from the past that this is exactly what we should be doing.
- The only way we can truly change the world is by inspiring and empowering the youth that live in it.
- I still have faith in the youth.
- One of the worst things we’ve done is discourage the youth from dreaming big dreams and chasing after them.
- I’ve found the solution to making this world a better place. Empower the youth.
- Forever that youth who believes in himself.
- I dream of the day when the young people of the world become bold enough to tell the old fools of the world who start wars that they are done fighting their stupid wars on their behalf.
- The involvement of the youth in nation building is as important to a nation as the hands are in a game of handball.
- When you are a youth, the possibilities in life are endless.
- There’s a special place in hell for old men who create wars that claim the lives of young men and women.
- In my eyes, one of the most useful things the United Nations ever did with its power is create the International Youth Day (IYD).
- The saddest thing I’ve ever seen is old men starting fires and young people burning in them.
- The best days of a person’s life are often in their youth.
- One of the best ways to accurately predict the brightness of a society’s future is by looking at how it currently treats its youth.
- Many nations of the world spelt their doom by simply ignoring the plights of their young men and women.
- If you don’t enjoy the sweet taste of happiness in your youth, I wonder when you are going to taste happiness.
- Our elders are the ones who decide when to go to war. However, they are not the ones who fight and die in these wars. What a sad world the youth live in.
- Youth, the crown jewel of life.
- If life were to be a hot cup of tea, youth would be the sugar in it.
- On this special day, I would like to raise a glass of the finest to the youth of the world. You inspire me remarkably.
- Your youth is a great treasure. Enjoy every moment of it while you have it in your possession.
- Dear youth of the world, never stop believing in yourself, for you have within you the power to achieve unbelievable things.
- People who underestimate the power of the youth really don’t know what they are doing.
You may also like: