Too Good To Pass By | 82 Thankful Quotes
It is this unique feeling of gratitude that makes you realize you have the need to express that sense of appreciation. It is that consciousness of having received any sort of benefit, that brings the urge to share this specific emotion. It enhances empathy and improves relationships, as you can only benefit by letting the people around you know of your feelings.
When you express this feeling of satisfaction, you acknowledge the goodness in your life, and realize this goodness is not only due to you, but also from some source outside of you. This may be a loved one, a friend, nature or even a higher power. Whoever the source, the fact is your communication is only about to get better and you will be even happier as you are utmost aware of your good health, good friends, a neighbor, your parents, spouse or even a stranger, who has given to you. Someone who has freely offered you the information, the hug, the support, that special meal, anything that has been to your advantage and has clearly helped you in someway.
Being pleased with a particular person and expressing it can only take you to a higher level of contentment and joy in everyday life. The more you say it, the more you see, thus, the more happy and delighted daily life becomes. It has this magical power to make you a more positive person, with more self confidence and more strength. However, what’s amazing is that, it simultaneously also gives the others the same benefits as you and more. Don’t hesitate to express thankfulness, it’s too good to pass by.
Short Thankful Quotes
- Thankfulness is the quickest path to joy. Jefferson Bethke
- Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.
- O Lord that lends me life, lend me a heart replete with thankfulness. William Shakespeare
- When eating fruit, remember the one who planted the tree. Vietnamese Proverb
- Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. Robert Brault
- Be present in all things and thankful for all things. Maya Angelou
- Keep your eyes open to your mercies. The man who forgets to be thankful has fallen asleep in life. Robert Louis Stevenson
- Learn to be thankful for what you already have, while you pursue all that you want. Jim Rohn
- Silent gratitude isn’t very much to anyone. Gertrude Stein
- ‘Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding. Alice Walker
- Let us be kinder to one another. Aldous Huxley
- This a wonderful day. I’ve never seen this one before. Maya Angelou
- There’s no happier person than a truly thankful, content person. Joyce Meyer
- Now and then it’s good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy. Guillaume Apollinaire
- A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all the other virtues. Cicero
- When you practice gratefulness, there is a sense of respect towards others. Dalai Lama
- I never met a bitter person who was thankful. Or a thankful person who was bitter. Nick Vujicic
- Saying thank you is more than good manners, it is good spirituality. Alfred Painter
- When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around. Willie Nelson
- I’m thankful to be breathing, on this side of the grass. Whatever comes, comes. Ron Perlman
- Who does not thank for little will not thank for much. Estonian Proverb
- The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness. Dalai Lama
- Enough is a feast. Buddhist Proverb
- Gratitude is the sign of noble souls. Aesop
- Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance. Eckhart Tolle
- Let all your thinks be thanks. W.H. Auden
- Never let the things you want make you forget the things you have. Unknown
- If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share. W. Clement Stone
- There is no better way to thank God for your sight than by giving a helping hand to someone in the dark. Hellen Keller
- Sometimes we make being happy so difficult. And being thankful such a chore.
- The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest. William Blake
- In matters of love: When giving, be generous! When taking, be thankful!
- Rest and be thankful. William Wordsworth
- …I’m so thankful for friendship. It beautifies life so much. L.M. Montgomery
- Never kill your What Ifs, but first be grateful for What Is.
- Always be thankful for what you have, because you never know when it might be gone.
- When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow. Shauna Niequist
- You ought to be thankful a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you’re lucky you’re not! Dr. Seuss
- I’m thankful for each and every day. We never know when time is up. Chuck Berry
- When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears. Anthony Robbins
- He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has. Epictetus
- He enjoys much who is thankful for little. Thomas Secker
- If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough. Meister Eckhart
- No duty is more urgent than giving thanks. James Allen
- I can no other answer make, but, thanks, And thanks, and ever thanks. William Shakespeare
- Give thanks for the rain in your life which waters the flowers of your soul. Jonathan Lockwood Huie
Inspirational Thankful Quotes
- For me, every hour is grace. And I feel gratitude in my heart each time I can meet someone and look at his or her smile. Elie Wiesel
- Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: It must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all. William Faulkner
- When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
- The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings.
- I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. Gilbert K. Chesterton
- For one minute, walk outside, stand there, in silence. Look up at the sky and contemplate how amazing life is. Unknown
- Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well. Voltaire
- Be grateful in your own hearts. That suffices. Thanksgiving has wings, and flies to its right destination. Victor Hugo
- Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough. Oprah Winfrey
- Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. William Arthur Ward
- Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings. William Arthur Ward
- Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. Marcel Proust
- The heart that gives thanks is a happy one, for we cannot feel thankful and unhappy at the same time. Douglas Wood
- Thanks for this day, for all birds safe in their nests, for whatever this is, for life. Barbara Kingsolver
- I lie in bed at night, after ending my prayers with the words ‘Thank you, God, for all that is good and dear and beautiful’. Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl
- So grateful for the people who heard me when I was silent and saw me when I was invisible.
- One can never pay in gratitude; one can only pay ‘in kind’ somewhere else in life. Anne Morrow Lindbergh
- Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. Mark Twain
- We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures. Thornton Wilder
- Being grateful all the time isn’t easy. But it’s when you feel least thankful that you are most in need of what gratitude can give you: perspective. Gratitude can transform any situation, It alters your vibration, moving you from negative energy to positive. It’s the quickest, easiest, most powerful way to effect change in your life – this I know for sure. Oprah Winfrey, What I Know for Sure
Famous Thankful Quotes
- Don’t let the sun go down without saying thank you to someone, and without admitting to yourself that absolutely no one gets this far alone. Stephen King
- Gratitude is a divine emotion: it fills the heart, but not to bursting; it warms it, but not to fever. Charlotte Brontë
- We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives. John F. Kennedy
- There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein
- Whenever you feel like criticizing any one…just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.
- Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect. Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily. Gerald Good
- When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed. Maya Angelou
- Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for. Zig Ziglar
- Reflect upon your present blessings—of which every man has many—not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some. Charles Dickens
- If a fellow isn’t thankful for what he’s got, he isn’t likely to be thankful for what he’s going to get. Frank A. Clark
- It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack. Germany Kent
- Before I get out of bed, I am saying thank you. I know how important it is to be thankful. Al Jarreau
- Whatever life throws at me I’ll take it and be grateful for it as well. Tom Felton
You May Also Like:
Click here for our best birthday wishes.