99 Famous Siblings Quotes about the Bond Between Brothers and Sisters
Admittedly, our brothers and sisters may sometimes do things that puzzle us, embarrass us or even get on our nerves. However, it’s also hard to imagine our lives without them, so when prominent historical figures have written or talked about the relationship between siblings.
These quotes can also come in handy on the day when siblings are celebrated, on National Siblings Day (April 10th in USA and Canada) and Brothers and Sisters Day (May 31st in Europe).
Short Sibling Quotes
- Because of you, I will always have a friend. Unknown
- A sibling is the lens through which you see your childhood. Ann Hood
- But being a brother or a sister (if you are lucky enough) is the role of a lifetime.
- The greatest gift our parents ever gave us was each other. Unknown
- Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet. Vietnamese Proverb
- Not always eye to eye, but always heart to heart. Unknown
- Having lots of siblings is like having built-in best friends. Kim Kardashian
- The family is one of nature’s masterpieces. George Santayana
- Brothers and sisters separated by distance joined by love. Chuck Danes
- A good friend knows all of your best stories, a sibling has lived them with you. Unknown
- First a brother, then a bother, now a friend. Unknown
- In the cookies of life, siblings are the chocolate chips. Unknown
- Help your brother’s boat across, and your own will reach the shore. Hindu Proverb
- It takes two men to make one brother. Israel Zangwill
- When brothers agree, no fortress is so strong as their common life. Antisthenes
- Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero. Marc Brown
Sibling Love Quotes
- Half the time when brothers wrestle, it’s just an excuse to hug each other. James Patterson
- Sisters and brothers are the truest, purest forms of love, family and friendship, knowing when to hold you and when to challenge you, but always being a part of you. Carol Ann Albright-Eastman
- There’s no other love like the love for a brother. There’s no other love like the love from a brother. Terri Guillemets
- I have a wonderful shelter, which is my family. I have a wonderful relationship with my brother and sister; this makes me feel that I know always where I belong. Jose Carreras
- If you have a brother or sister, tell them you love them every day-that’s the most beautiful thing. I told my sister how much I loved her every day. That’s the only reason I’m OK right now. Amaury Nolasco
- Back in time it seemed that having a sister were a tragedy. Instead it is one of the best presents my parents could have ever given me. Sara Anzellotti
Funny Sibling Quotes
- Siblings: your only enemy you can’t live without. Unknown
- Sibling relationships are complicated. All family relationships are. Look at Hamlet. Maurice Saatchi
- The highlight of my childhood was making my brother laugh so hard that food came out his nose. Garrison Keillor
- The best way to get a puppy is to beg for a baby brother – and they’ll settle for a puppy every time. Winston Pendelton
- The Rule of Sibs: If your sibling gets something you want, you (1) try to take it; (2) break it; or (3) say it’s no good. Patricia Fleming
- The advantage of growing up with siblings is that you become very good at fractions. Robert Brault
- More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you’ve been bad and good. Linda Sunshine
Cute Sibling Quotes
- My siblings are my best friends. America Ferrera
- She had recognised him before he could remember himself.
- Siblings-the definition that comprises love, strife, competition and forever friends. Byron Pulsifer
- Siblings (n,) A combination of a best friend and a pain in the neck, they might be the most annoying people around you but you still love them endlessly. Unknown
- Your siblings are the only people in the world who know what it’s like to have been brought up the way you were. Betsy Cohen
- Our roots say we’re siblings, our hearts say we’re friends. Unknown
- To have a loving relationship with a sister is not simply to have a buddy or a confident… it is to have a soulmate for life. Victoria Secunda
- It was wonderful to grow up with so many siblings. We were all just a year or two apart, and we were always so supportive of each other. Joaquin Phoenix
- A brother is a friend given by nature. Jean Baptiste Legouve
Older Sibling Quotes
- I’ve been the oldest child since before you were born.
- I can’t promise to solve all your problems, but I can promise you won’t have to face them alone. Unknown
- That’s the function of big brothers… to help their little sisters when their worlds are collapsing.
- Older siblings… the only people who will pick on you for their own entertainment and beat up anyone else who tries. Unknown
Quotes About Siblings Fighting
- Siblings that say they never fight are most definitely hiding something. Lemony Snicket
- What brothers say to tease their sisters has nothing to do with what they really think of them.
- Siblings: children of the same parents, each of whom is perfectly normal until they get together. Sam Levenson
- In many sibling relationships, the rate of conflict can be high, but the fun times in the backyard and the basement more than balance it out. Po Bronson and Ashley Merryman
- That’s the best part of having siblings,” I laugh. “Half the time, you want to kill each other, but you’d kill for each other, too.
- I think people that have a brother or sister don’t realize how lucky they are. Sure, they fight a lot, but to know that there’s always somebody there, somebody that’s family. Trey Parker & Matt Stone
- There is a little boy inside the man who is my brother… Oh, how I hated that little boy. And how I love him too.
- A sister is someone, who loves you from the heart. No matter how much you argue, you cannot be drawn apart. Shiv Sharma
Quotes On Sibling Bonds
- Siblings will take different paths and life may separate them, but they will forever be bonded by having begun their journey in the same boat. Unknown
- Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply.
- I may fight with my siblings. But once you lay a finger on them, you’ll be facing me. Abby Slater
- Siblings are a volume of childhood memories; a nostalgia that cannot be easily deleted.
- The mildest, drowsiest sister has been known to turn tiger if her sibling is in trouble. Clara Ortega
- Our siblings push buttons that cast us in roles we felt sure we had let go of long ago – the baby, the peacekeeper, the caretaker, the avoider…. It doesn’t seem to matter how much time has elapsed or how far we’ve traveled.
- I do find the sibling connection endlessly fascinating, as I do all family dynamics. I like how siblings seem to create their own parentless mini-civilization within a family, one that has its own laws, myths, language, humor, its own loyalties and treacheries. Jandy Nelson
- Family: the most important thing of all. My siblings may drive me crazy at times but they are my blood. They’re all I’ve known. My family is me. They are my life. Without them I walk the planet alone. Tabitha Suzuma
- Siblings know you better than anyone. They may not always admire you, but they’ll always be intensely interested in you. Dr Terri Apter
- Our paths may change as life goes along, but the bond between us remains ever strong. Unknown
- I have siblings. And there are certain things I know that I can push their buttons. And they know they have certain things where they can push mine. Catherine Zeta-Jones
Sibling Day Quotes
- I don’t believe an accident of birth makes people sisters and brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at. Maya Angelou
- Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten. Lilo & Stitch
- Be nice to your siblings, they’re your best link to your past and the most likely to stay with you in the future. Baz Lurhmann
- Brothers and sisters can say things to one another that no one else can. Gregory E. Lang
- Your parents leave you too soon and your kids and spouse come along late, but your siblings know you when you are in your most inchoate form. Jeffrey Kluger
- Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk. Susan Scarf Merrell
- Sisters and brothers just happen, we don’t get to choose them, but they become one of our most cherished relationships. Wes Adamson
- Sibling relationships – and 80 percent of Americans have at least one – outlast marriages, survive the death of parents, resurface after quarrels that would sink any friendship. They flourish in a thousand incarnations of closeness and distance, warmth, loyalty and distrust. Erica E. Goode
Inspirational Quotes Siblings
- You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them. Desmond Tutu
- Like branches on a tree we grow in different directions yet our roots remain as one. Each of our lives will always be a special part of the other. Unknown
- Siblings are like streetlights along the road, they don’t make distance any shorter but they light up the path and make the walk worthwhile. Unknown
- What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life – to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories. George Eliot
- If thy brother wrongs thee, remember not so much his wrong-doing, but more than ever that he is thy brother. Epictetus
- Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring – quite often the hard way. Pamela Dugdale
- They say that no matter how old you become, when you are with your siblings, you revert back to childhood. Karen White
- Power, that’s one thing, but love of family and of siblings is more important, is more powerful than any other power – at least earthly power, at least earthly power. Sander Levin
- A sibling represents a person’s past, present, and future. John Corey Whaley
- In some ways, siblings, and especially sisters, are more influential in your childhood than your parents. Deborah Tannen
- Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow, and wise is the counsel of those who love us. Benjamin Disraeli
- A sibling may be the keeper of one’s identity, the only person with the keys to one’s unfettered, more fundamental self. Marian Sandmaier
Step Siblings Quotes
- We didn’t realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. Winnie the Pooh
- Not by blood, but bonded to each other just the same. Unknown
- True siblings are bound together by far more essential things than blood, while more times than many blood isn’t thicker than water.
- Siblings are different flowers from the same garden. Unknown
- A brother share childhood memories and grown up dreams. Unknown
- If you want to do really important things in life and big things in life, you can’t do anything by yourself. And your best teams are your friends and your siblings. Deepak Chopra
Estranged Sibling Quotes
- Our families are defined by far more than just blood, so sometimes it’s necessary to cut the cord with who came before so that we can find our way to who we need right now.
- Later the brothers had quarreled, one of those family quarrels we all know with deeply entangled roots, impossible to cure because neither side speaks out clearly, each having much to hide.
- There is so much that is still silent between Jaja and me. Perhaps we will talk more with time, or perhaps we never will be able to say it all, to clothe things in words, things that have long been naked.
- You are never so a stranger as when you become a stranger.
You May Also Like:
Click here for our best birthday wishes.