Feel It, Don’t Just Get Wet | 120 Rain Quotes
Misunderstood more than anything else, this beauty of nature has only benefits to offer. The remarkable shades of grey in the sky, the white noise, the tingling of water drops hitting the ground and that special scent of liquid on the soil are magical and unique. It is a part of our language as we use it to express sadder periods of our life, as a metaphor and it is used in musical tunes and lyrics to get feelings across.
Depending on the season, rain can come and settle the warm air to cool the heat, and replaces all evaporation. It somehow conveys some alone time for many who use it to fill their heart with warmth. Even a few drizzles can bring about a sense of great satisfying joy when they touch your body and are tempted to stay outdoors a few seconds before it starts to pour. Many times it’s the emotional state that people have connected it with, that brings a lonely feeling upon them. Yet others, find a sense of delight, peace of mind and a slower pace of their daily routine. Unlike the energy of the sun, the water falling from above has a deeper connection to emotions and memory, such as reminiscing and feelings of nostalgia as during these periods, individuals find it as an opportunity to cuddle and stay indoors and see each other more. However one might see it, rain undoubtedly has a special sentimental and emotional power to change anything from a simple routine to create a masterpiece written or sung by artists.
Here is a numerous variety of rain quotes that will help friends and family to express emotions and feelings as well as inspire them.
Short Rain Quotes and Rain Captions
- Every storm runs out of rain.
- There is peace even in the storm.
- I always like walking in the rain, so no one can see me crying.
- The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain!
- Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet. Bob Marley
- Do not be angry with the rain; it simply does not know how to fall upwards. Vladimir Nabokov
- Stew’s so comforting on a rainy day.
- Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.
- I like the sound of rain more than my voice.
- The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling. Lucretius
- No person has the right to rain on your dreams. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Give thanks for the rain in your life which waters the flowers of your soul. Jonathan Lockwood Huie
- Nature looks more beautiful in the rain.
- An optimist sees rainbows when there is rain.
- It’s the rain that fills the rivers not the dew. Sri Lankan Proverb
- Rain falls on the just and the unjust alike.
- Falling asleep while the rain is clashing down on the window is nature’s best lullaby. Unknown
- The rain begins with a single drop.
- A rainy day is a special gift to readers. Amy Miles
- Pour on, I will endure.
- Those who hate rain hate life.
- A single gentle rain makes the grass many shades greener. Henry David Thoreau
- Rain has always given me an inexplicable joy. Nikos Kazantzakis
- How sad the rain must be. A lifetime spent falling.
- I raged, and woke to hear the rain.
- When the rain comes expect a blessing to follow!
- Tears are what makes us one with the clouds.
- Raindrops are nothing more than a lullaby for the restless soul.
- The nicest thing about the rain is that it always stops. Eventually. Eeyore
- Heavy rains and a good book. A perfect extravagance.
- I long for sleep, and for soft English rain. But they do not come.
- What is rain? It is thousands of drop-friends coming from the sky!
- The patter of rain is a chorus of raindrops.
- Predicting rain doesn’t count. Building arks does. Warren Buffett
- Rain does not fall on one roof alone. Cameroonian proverb
- If eyes are windows to the soul, then tears are heavens rain.
- Misty is the color of rain on a window.
- Rain showers my spirit and waters my soul. Emily Logan Decens
- Because rain will wash away everything, if you let it.
- Without rain, there is no life. Jerry Yang
- And in this moment, like a swift intake of breath, the rain came.
Best Rain Quotes
- Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.
- Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.
- Being soaked alone is cold. Being soaked with your best friend is an adventure.
- The Sun after the rain is much beautiful than the Sun before the rain!
- And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow. Gilbert K. Chesterton
- Rain is grace; rain is the sky condescending to the earth; without rain, there would be no life. John Updike
- If wool shrinks when you wash it, why don’t sheep get smaller when it rains?
- And I don’t care what age you are, kissing in the rain is the best.
- The rain is famous for falling on the just and unjust alike, but if I had the management of such affairs I would rain softly and sweetly on the just, but if I caught a sample of the unjust out doors I would drown him. Mark Twain
- How much better does being alive get then sitting beside a warm fire amidst a misty rainy morning.
- There are many things I do for amusement, but for happiness I like to gather up my memories and go for a walk in the rain. Robert Brault
- The rain is falling all around,
It falls on field and tree,
It rains on the umbrellas here,
And on the ships at sea.
- True, the sun and the wind inspire. But rain has an edge. Who, after all, dreams of dancing in dust? Or kissing in the bright sun? Cynthia Barnett
- Look at the rain long enough, with no thoughts in your head, and you gradually feel your body falling loose, shaking free of the world of reality. Rain has the power to hypnotize.
- Water is sagacious because it carries inside of itself the bottomless profundity of oceans, the cosmic looks of the clouds, subtle wits of the rivers, the inquisitive character of the rains and the silent meditation of the little lakes!
- After the Rain
The sun will reappear
There is life
After the pain
The joy will still be here
There is life
- Rain is not only drops of water. It’s the love of the sky for earth. They never meet each other but sends love this way. Unknown
- From where we stand the rain seems random. If we could stand somewhere else, we would see the order in it.
- Rain! whose soft architectural hands have power to cut stones, and chisel to shapes of grandeur the very mountains. Henry Ward Beecher
- If the rain spoils our picnic, but saves a farmer’s crop, who are we to say it shouldn’t rain? Tom Barrett
- It begins to rain. The first harsh, sparse, swift drops rush through the leaves and across the ground in a long sigh, as though of relief from intolerable suspense. They are big as buckshot, warm as though fired from a gun; they sweep across the lantern in a vicious hissing.
- With new hope.
We build new lives.
Why complain when it rains?
This is what it means to be free.
- Watching the rain is as beautiful as watching the sunset or the sunrise and it is even better because in addition to watching you can also listen to it, the fantastic music of the drop sounds!
Inspirational Quotes Rain
- Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. Rabindranath Tagore
- Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby. Langston Hughes
- A sudden rain: reminding me once again that I’m not in control.
- Rain storms are destructive and renewing, I want to turn my bad days into rain storms.
- When rain comes finally, washing away a low sky of muddy ocher, we who could not control the phenomenon are pressed into relief. The near-occult feeling: The face of being witness to the end of the world gives way to tangible things. Even if the succeeding sensations are not common, they are at least not mysterious.
- On a sunny clear day, you can improve your body; on a rainy fogy day, you can improve your mind! Mehmet Murat Ildan
- Learn to dance in the storm so when life hands you a stormy weather, you just glide through it.
- Never lose hope. The darkest clouds precede the loveliest rain!
- When living above the clouds, how can you live the beauties of walking under the rain!
Famous Rain Quotes
- I’m singing in the rain, just singing in the rain. What a wonderful feeling, I’m happy again. Arthur Freed
- The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play. So we sat in the house. All that cold, cold, wet day.
- Thy fate is the common fate of all; Into each life some rain must fall. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- It was a rainy night. It was the myth of a rainy night.
- The unwelcome November rain had perversely stolen the day’s last hour and pawned it with that ancient fence, the night.
- When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.
- Are the days of winter sunshine just as sad for you, too? When it is misty, in the evenings, and I am out walking by myself, it seems to me that the rain is falling through my heart and causing it to crumble into ruins.
- The rain hit the windows like rice; the fire roared hollowly; the autumn afternoon discoloured into darkness.
- August rain: the best of the summer gone, and the new fall not yet born. The odd uneven time.
- Overhead the rain still pounded, with a remote sound, as if it was somebody else’s rain.
- Like a bird singing in the rain, let grateful memories survive in time of sorrow. Robert Louis Stevenson
- The rain continued. It was a hard rain, a perpetual rain, a sweating and steaming rain; it was a mizzle, a downpour, a fountain, a whipping at the eyes, an undertow at the ankles; it was a rain to drown all rains and the memory of rains.
- The sky still appeared unable to make up it’s mind whether it wanted to rain or not.
- No one can possess a sunset like the one we saw that evening. Just as no one can possess an afternoon of rain beating against the window, or serenity of a sleeping child, or the magical moment when the waves break on the rocks. No one can possess the beautiful things in this Earth, but we can know them and love them.
- In March the soft rains continued, and each storm waited courteously until its predecessor sunk beneath the ground.
- On gray days, when it’s snowing or raining, I think you should be able to call up a judge and take an oath that you’ll just read a good book all day, and he’d allow you to stay home.
- Some of my pleasantest hours were during the long rain-storms in the spring or fall, which confined me to the house for the afternoon as well as the forenoon, soothed by their ceaseless roar and pelting; when an early twilight ushered in a long evening in which many thoughts had time to take root and unfold themselves. In those driving northeast rains which tried the village houses so, when the maids stood ready with mop and pail in front entries to keep the deluge out, I sat behind my door in my little house, which was all entry, and thoroughly enjoyed its protection.
- Why is it that showers and even storms seem to come by chance, so that many people think it quite natural to pray for rain or fine weather, though they would consider it ridiculous to ask for an eclipse by prayer?
Rain Love Quotes
- Love like rain, can nourish from above, drenching couples with a soaking joy. But sometimes under the angry heat of life, love dries on the surface and must nourish from below, tending to its roots keeping itself alive.
- When we love each other we are immortal and indestructible like the heartbeat and the rain and the wind.
- Just as the smell of the earth during a Summer rain… Oh, how lovely is to love and to be loved in return.
- Rain with an umbrella while holding hands with your lover is damned sure nice.
- Only something in me understands the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses. Nobody, not even the rain has such small hands. E.
- There is no love story more beautiful than that between wind and rain.
- I need you like a blossom needs rain, like the winter ground needs spring-to soothe my parched soul.
- Rain on your body burned my heart.
- He then departed, to make himself still more interesting, in the midst of an heavy rain.
- Come, be my love in the wet woods; come,
Where the boughs rain when it blows.”
- Kiss me with rain on your eyelashes,
come on, let us sway together,
under the trees, and to hell with thunder.
- If I were rain,
That joins sky and earth that otherwise never touch,
Could I join two hearts as well?
- And I rose
In rainy autumn
And walked abroad in a shower of all my days…
- At night I dream that you and I are two plants
that grew together, roots entwined,
and that you know the earth and the rain like my mouth,
since we are made of earth and rain.
- This is the weather the cuckoo likes,
And so do I;
When showers betumble the chestnut spikes,
And nestlings fly
- My Sorrow, when she’s here with me,
Thinks these dark days of autumn rain
Are beautiful as days can be;
- The rain to the wind said,
You push and I’ll pelt.’
They so smote the garden bed
That the flowers actually knelt,
And lay lodged–though not dead.
I know how the flowers felt.
think that the
world should be full of cats and full of rain, that’s all, just
rain, rain and cats, very nice, good
- The rain set early in tonight,
The sullen wind was soon awake,
It tore the elm-tops down for spite,
And did its best to vex the lake:
I listened with heart fit to break.
When glided in Porphyria; straight
She shut the cold out and the storm,
And kneeled and made the cheerless grate
Blaze up and all the cottage warm;”
- A wind has blown the rain away & the sky away & all the leaves away, & the trees stand. i think i, too, have known autumn too long.”
- It’s cold this night in autumn’s third month,
Peacefully within, a lone old man.
He lies down late, the lamp already gone out,
And beautifully sleeps amid the sound of rain.
The ash inside the vessel still warm from the fire,
Its fragrance increases the warmth of quilt and covers.
When dawn comes, clear and cold, he does not rise,
The red frosted leaves cover the steps.
- The rain is, in a sense,
The sole sad friend of those who find themselves
Thinking, wide awake, until the dawn,
Who, in bed, alone, with fevered hands,
Listen to it, soothed. They like the company
Of its faint moan across the sleeping plain,
Its rustling in the garden all night long.
- Snap your finger
stop the world –
rain falls harder
Unexpected Rain Quotes
- … millions long for immortality who don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
- She had a beautiful laugh which was like rain water pouring over daffodils made from silver.
- We have one thing in common with umbrellas: We both exist because the rain exists!
- Second hand bookshops are best visited alone and in the rain.
Quotes From Songs About Rain
- Here comes the rain again
Falling on my head like a memory
Falling on my head like a new emotion
I want to walk in the open wind
I want to talk like lovers do
I want to dive into your ocean
Is it raining with you
Eurythmics, Here Comes the Rain Again
- Rain, feel it on my finger tips
Hear it on my window pane
Your love’s coming down like
Rain, wash away my sorrow
- Raindrops keep falling on my head
But that doesn’t mean my eyes
Will soon be turning red
Crying’s not for me ’cause,
I’m never gonna stop the rain
Because I’m free
Nothing’s worrying me
Burt Bacharach, Hal David, Raindrops keep falling on my head
- So if you want to love me
Then darlin’ don’t refrain
Or I’ll just end up walkin’
In the cold November rain
Guns n’ Roses, November rain
- Let it rain, let it rain
I need rain to disguise the tears in my eyes
Oh, let it rain
Oh yeah, yeah, listen
I’m a man and I got my pride
‘Til it rains I’m gonna stay inside, let it rain
The Temptations, I wish it would rain
You May Also Like:
Click here for our best birthday wishes.