132 Powerful Quotes About Education to Inspire Both Teachers and Students
Education is a major source of knowledge. This knowledge can give us a bigger picture of the world around us. It is the beginning not only to accomplishing professional goals but also to personal development. The ability to meet others of a higher educational level in such facilities and learn from them, as well as the experience of starting new relationships with better understanding and communication, all come from education.
The process of learning, the skills, the values are all educational methods for a concrete foundation in life. In the world of professionalism, it is education that has guided people to the path of conquering the ladder of success. It is the key to knowledge and ethics, as it helps us to progress and develop further. Surely hard work always pays off, however education is a must and the most significant starting point.
Here you will find a wide variety of education quotes that will inspire one to start, complete or continue his academic studies. Also you will find quotes to remind us all of the influence education has in everyone’s life.
- 1 Short Education Quotes
- 2 Inspirational Education Quotes
- 3 Education Quotes For Kids
- 4 Education Quotes For Teachers
- 5 Education Quotes For Students
- 6 Famous Education Quotes
- 7 Funny Education Quotes
- 8 Importance Of Education Quotes
- 9 Long Quotes About Education
- 10 Education Quotes Criticizing the Education System
- 11 Education Quotes On Images
Short Education Quotes
- The highest result of education is tolerance. Helen Keller
- I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
- You can never be overdressed or overeducated.
- Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.
- Only the educated are free.
- The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled.
- Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
- Do you train for passing tests or do you train for creative inquiry?
- I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught.
- An education is not so much about making a living as making a person.
- A child who reads will be an adult who thinks. Unknown
- He who opens a school door, closes a prison.
- I don’t want to believe. I want to know.
- Ignorance is the parent of fear.
- Rewards and punishment is the lowest form of education.
- Education consists mainly of what we have unlearned.
- All I have learned, I learned from books.
- To know how to suggest is the art of teaching.
- Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.
- Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition.
- People think of education as something they can finish.
- All of life is a constant education.
- A learned fool is more a fool than an ignorant fool.
- Teachers are the one and only people who save nations.
- It’s what we think we know that keeps us from learning.
- Educated men are so impressive!
- If you can’t count they can cheat you. If you can’t read they can beat you.
- Segregation shaped me; education liberated me.
- Nine-tenths of education is encouragement. Anatole France
- When mother-cow is chewing grass its young ones watch its mouth.
- A child’s education should begin at least 100 years before he was born.
- The goal of education is to enable individuals to continue their education.
Inspirational Education Quotes
- Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.
- A good head and good heart are always a formidable combination. But when you add to that a literate tongue or pen, then you have something very special.
- The highest activity a human being can attain is learning for understanding, because to understand is to be free.
- We must be careful not to discourage our twelve-year-olds by making them waste the best years of their lives preparing for examinations.
- Spoon feeding in the long run teaches us nothing but the shape of the spoon.
- Education is the movement from darkness to light.
- Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.
- Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. Henry Ford
- The learning process is something you can incite, literally incite, like a riot.
- Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous.
- To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
- Liberty without Learning is always in peril and Learning without Liberty is always in vain.
- There is no school equal to a decent home and no teacher equal to a virtuous parent. Mahatma
- True teachers are those who use themselves as bridges over which they invite their students to cross; then, having facilitated their crossing, joyfully collapse, encouraging them to create their
- We spend the first year of a child’s life teaching it to walk and talk and the rest of its life to shut up and sit down. There’s something wrong there.
- The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
- If you hate violence and don’t believe in politics, the only major remedy remaining is education.
- Truth persuades by teaching, but does not teach by persuading.
- Change is the end result of all true learning. Leo Buscaglia
Education Quotes For Kids
- It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
- By seeking and blundering we learn.
- Instruction does much, but encouragement everything.
- Play is the highest form of research.
- The more that you read, the more things you will know, the more that you learn, the more places you’ll go. Dr. Seuss
- The only things you learn are the things you tame.
- The most effective kind of education is that a child should play amongst lovely things.
- Every kid, every minority kid can be so successful if they focus on their education. Magic Johnson
- There are only three ways to teach a child. The first is by example, the second is by example, the third is by example.
- Learning is by nature curiosity… prying into everything, reluctant to leave anything, material or immaterial, unexplained.
- Give a bowl of rice to a man and you will feed him for a day. Teach him how to grow his own rice and you will save his life.
- Give the pupils something to do, not something to learn; and the doing is of such a nature as to demand thinking; learning naturally results.
- The child intuitively comprehends that although these stories are unreal, they are not untrue …
Education Quotes For Teachers
- Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
- A good teacher protects his pupils from his own influence.
- Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation.
- Education is the power to think clearly, the power to act well in the world’s work, and the power to appreciate life.
- Everything can be explained to the people, on the single condition that you want them to understand.
- When you wish to instruct, be brief; that men’s [children’s] minds take in quickly what you say, learn its lesson, and retain it faithfully. Every word that is unnecessary only pours over the side of a brimming mind.
- Do not train a child to learn by force or harshness; but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each.
- Bodily exercise, when compulsory, does no harm to the body; but knowledge which is acquired under compulsion obtains no hold on the mind.
- Intelligence plus character-that is the goal of true education.
- It’s an universal law– intolerance is the first sign of an inadequate education. An ill-educated person behaves with arrogant impatience, whereas truly profound education breeds humility. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
- Only a generation of readers will spawn a generation of writers.
- The principle goal of education in the schools should be creating men and women who are capable of doing new things, not simply repeating what other generations have done; men and women who are creative, inventive and discoverers, who can be critical and verify, and not accept, everything they are offered.
- Most learning is not the result of instruction. It is rather the result of unhampered participation in a meaningful setting. Most people learn best by being “with it,” yet school makes them identify their personal, cognitive growth with elaborate planning and manipulation.
- Children are living beings – more living than grown-up people who have built shells of habit around themselves. Therefore it is absolutely necessary for their mental health and development that they should not have mere schools for their lessons, but a world whose guiding spirit is personal love.
Education Quotes For Students
- Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
- Wisdom…. comes not from age, but from education and learning.
- Real learning comes about when the competitive spirit has ceased.
- The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet. Aristotle
- An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. Benjamin Franklin
- I believe that we learn by practice. Whether it means to learn to dance by practicing dancing or to learn to live by practicing living, the principles are the same… Practice is a means of inviting the perfection desired.
- I read my eyes out and can’t read half enough…the more one reads the more one sees we have to read.
- Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.
- My education was the liberty I had to read indiscriminately and all the time, with my eyes hanging out.
Famous Education Quotes
- Do not read as children do to enjoy themselves, or, as the ambitious do to educate themselves. No, read to live. Gustave Flaubert
- Study without desire spoils the memory, and it retains nothing that it takes in.
- Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is.
- The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.
- Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.
- Education is what survives when what has been learnt has been forgotten.
- I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.
- Learning is an ornament in prosperity, a refuge in adversity, and a provision in old age.
- The philosophy of the schoolroom in one generation is the philosophy of government in the next.
- Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.
- I am not a teacher, but an awakener.
- The mind once enlightened cannot again become dark.
- The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
- Teach the ignorant as much as you can; society is culpable in not providing a free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.
Funny Education Quotes
- If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.
- Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don’t.
- In the first place God made idiots. This was for practice. Then he made school boards.
- Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education.
- Some people get an education without going to college. The rest get it after they get out.
- How is it that little children are so intelligent and men so stupid? It must be education that does it.
- A man who has never gone to school may steal a freight car; but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad.
- All that I’ve learned, I’ve forgotten. The little that I still know, I’ve guessed.
- Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and higher education positively fortifies it.
Importance Of Education Quotes
- Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.
- Democracy cannot succeed unless those who express their choice are prepared to choose wisely. The real safeguard of democracy, therefore, is education.
- Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain at one end you lose at the other. It’s like feeding a dog on his own tail. It won’t fatten the dog.
- The main hope of a nation lies in the proper education of its youth.
- The direction in which education starts a man will determine his future life.
- Our progress as a nation can be not swifter than our progress in education.
- Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family. Kofi Annan
Long Quotes About Education
- An understanding heart is everything in a teacher, and cannot be esteemed highly enough. One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feeling. The curriculum is so much necessary raw material, but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child.
- I said to my children, ‘I’m going to work and do everything that I can do to see that you get a good education. I don’t ever want you to forget that there are millions of God’s children who will not and cannot get a good education, and I don’t want you feeling that you are better than they are. For you will never be what you ought to be until they are what they ought to be.
- A capacity, and taste, for reading, gives access to whatever has already been discovered by others. It is the key, or one of the keys, to the already solved problems. And not only so. It gives a relish, and facility, for successfully pursuing the [yet] unsolved ones.
- Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it ought to be done, whether you like it or not. It is the first lesson that ought to be learned and however early a man’s training begins, it is probably the last lesson that he learns thoroughly.
Education Quotes Criticizing the Education System
- It is very nearly impossible to become an educated person in a country so distrustful of the independent mind.
- School is the advertising agency which makes you believe that you need the society as it is.
- What does education often do? It makes a straight-cut ditch of a free, meandering brook.
- I think the big mistake in schools is trying to teach children anything, and by using fear as the basic motivation. Fear of getting failing grades, fear of not staying with your class, etc. Interest can produce learning on a scale compared to fear as a nuclear explosion to a firecracker.
- It is, in fact, nothing short of a miracle that the modern methods of instruction have not yet entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry; for this delicate little plant, aside from stimulation, stands mainly in need of freedom. Without this it goes to wrack and ruin without fail.
- We are students of words: we are shut up in schools, and colleges, and recitation -rooms, for ten or fifteen years, and come out at last with a bag of wind, a memory of words, and do not know a thing.
- Governments want efficient technicians, not human beings, because human beings become dangerous to governments – and to organized religions as well. That is why governments and religious organizations seek to control education.
- The whole educational and professional training system is a very elaborate filter, which just weeds out people who are too independent, and who think for themselves, and who don’t know how to be submissive, and so on — because they’re dysfunctional to the institutions.
- In a world where education is predominantly verbal, highly educated people find it all but impossible to pay serious attention to anything but words and notions.
- The aim of totalitarian education has never been to instill convictions but to destroy the capacity to form any.
- They’re so cold, these scholars! May lightning strike their food so that their mouths learn how to eat fire!
- One of these grand defects, as I humbly conceive, is this, that children are habituated to learning without understanding.
- What is the matter with universities is that the students are school children, whereas it is of the very essence of university education that they should be adults.
Education Quotes On Images
You may also like: