A Different Point of View | 88 Perspective Quotes
As everyone has a different perspective on life, it is this that brings personal experiences and boundaries that form one’s future. Having the ability to look at things from a point of view other than your own will bring mindfulness and communication in all relationships.
Someone’s perception of the world around him is his reality. This basically shapes who we are, our motivation and the choices that will be made in our personal and professional life. It is important to have the positive mindset so as to attract the right things in life. This surely involves the outlook one has on change. Not everyone likes change but when it happens it can take us to entirely new direction. We should always avoid blame shame and justification and instead work hard to progress.
Obtaining a proper outlook will give us the ability to choose properly and benefit. When one has a positive view of things then magically one attracts positive things to happen. This will help in all areas of life, whether it is accomplishing studies, goals in careers or personal success. Gaining this virtue will bring out compassion and empathy so as to understand others better than before. Simply, this is the tool that helps us see situations, problems and people from many different views. It improves both our life and the life we are interacting with.
Here you will be able to find a variety of inspired quotes referring to outlook, change and positiveness so as to learn and initiate a whole new frame of mind.
Short Perspective Quotes
- There are no facts, only interpretations.
- One person’s craziness is another person’s reality.
- We often need to lose sight of our priorities in order to see them.
- The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
- Poets are damned… but see with the eyes of angels.
- Distance lends enchantment to the view.
- Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into perspective. Anton Chekhov
- Distance has the same effect on the mind as on the eye.
- There are always flowers for those who want to see them. Henry Matisse
- Perspective and control are the two ingredients to time management. David Allen
- A mountain still in the distance can appear as a molehill.
- The world reveals itself to those who travel on foot.
- What is behind your eyes holds more power than what is in front of them. Gary Zukav
- You cannot change the past but you can always change your perspective.
- A man sees in the world what he carries in his heart. Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
- Every horse thinks his own pack heaviest. Thomas Fuller
- Believe that a further shore is reachable from here.
- The answers you get depend on the questions you ask.
- Truth is universal. Perception of truth varies.
Best Perspective Quotes
- To begin with, our perception of the world is deformed, incomplete. Then our memory is selective. Claude Simon
- We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorns have roses.
- Water in the boat is the ruin of the boat, but water under the boat is its support.
- In all affairs it’s a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted.
- The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes. Marcel Proust
- It is a narrow mind which cannot look at a subject from various points of view.
- Is someone different at age 18 or 60? I believe one stays the same.
- Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world. Arthur Schopenhauer
- If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden.
- Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you. Walt Whitman
- Attachment constrains our vision so that we are not able to see things from a wider perspective. Dalai Lama
- The difference between hope and despair is a different way of telling stories from the same facts.
- Men are disturbed not by the things that happen, but by their opinion of the things that happen. Epictetus
- Art and life are subjective. Not everybody’s gonna dig what I dig, but I reserve the right to dig it.
- You have power over your mind — not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength. Marcus Aurelius
- No object is so ugly that, under certain conditions of light and shade, or proximity to other things, it will not look beautiful; no object is so beautiful that, under certain conditions, it will not look ugly.
- If we are always arriving and departing, it is also true that we are eternally anchored. One’s destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things.
Different Perspective Quotes
- What we do see depends mainly on what we look for. … In the same field the farmer will notice the crop, the geologists the fossils, botanists the flowers, artists the colouring, sportmen the cover for the game. Though we may all look at the same things, it does not all follow that we should see them.
- When a man wants to murder a tiger he calls it sport; when a tiger wants to murder him he calls it ferocity.
- The fascination of shooting as a sport depends almost wholly on whether you are at the right or wrong end of the gun.
- People generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for.
- People meet in the course of life, they talk together, they discuss, they quarrel, without realizing that they’re talking to one another across a distance, each from an observation post standing in a different place in time.
- A single perspective is the enemy of reality.
- A psychopathy on Anarres was rational behavior on Urras.
Change Perspective Quotes
- If we climb high enough, we will reach a height from which tragedy ceases to look tragic.
- No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it. Albert Einstein
- Every problem has a solution; it may sometimes just need another perspective.
- If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and adore.
- You have the ability to choose your reactions.
- The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude. Oprah Winfrey
Life Perspective Quotes
- The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
- What people in the world think of you is really none of your business.
- Often it isn’t the mountains ahead that wear you out, it’s the little pebble in your shoe.
- The mind is everything. What you think you become. Buddha
- Child, you have to learn to see things in the right proportions. Learn to see great things great and small things small.
- The way to see how beautiful the earth is, is to see it as the moon. The way to see how beautiful life is, is from the vantage point of death.
- We all feel that the opposite of our own highest principle must be purely destructive, deadly, and evil. We refuse to endow it with any positive life-force; hence we avoid and fear it.
- Perspective is necessary. Otherwise there are only two dimensions. Otherwise you live with your face squashed up against a wall, everything a huge foreground, of details, close-ups, hairs, the weave of the bedsheet, the molecules of the face.
- No mountain is of any appreciable height to break the curve of the sphere.
- In ten years time will you look back at your past week and be glad how you chose to spend it?
- I thought I was rich because I had just one flower, and all I own is an ordinary rose. That and my three volcanoes, which come up to my knee, one of which may be permanently extinct. It doesn’t make me much of a Prince. . . And he lay down in the grass and wept.
- Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. Voltaire
- Oh, what darkness does great prosperity cast over our minds.
Positive Perspective Quotes
- In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
- Every day one should at least hear one little song, read one good poem, see one fine painting and — if at all possible — speak a few sensible words.
- I feel a sudden clear focus and perspective. There is no time for anything inessential. I must focus on myself, my work, and my friends.
- The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible. Winston Churchill
- You succeed or you learn. Both can be positive.
- Loving people live in a loving world. Hostile people live in a hostile world. Same world.
- Being grateful all the time isn’t easy. But it’s when you feel least thankful that you are most in need of what gratitude can give you: perspective. Gratitude can transform any situation, It alters your vibration, moving you from negative energy to positive. It’s the quickest, easiest, most powerful way to effect change in your life – this I know for sure.
- Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny. Gandhi
- We are all the heroes of our own stories, and on of the arts of perspective is to see yourself small on the stage of another’s story, to see the vast expanse of the world that is not about you, and to see your power, to make your life, to make others, or break them, to tell stories rather that be told by them.
Famous Quotes On Perspective
- If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. William Blake
- Never write about a place until you’re away from it, because that gives you perspective. Ernest Hemingway
- We are not judges for ourselves until circumstances call us to act.
- Οne must not prostrate oneself before the minor impossibilities, otherwise the major impossibilities would never come into view.
- A: But why this solitude? – B: I am not at odds with anyone. But when I am alone I seem to see my friends in a clearer and fairer light than when I am with them; and when I loved and appreciated music the most, I lived far from it. It seems I need a distant perspective if I am to think well of things.
- There is only a perspective seeing, only a perspective “knowing”; and the more affects we allow to speak about one thing, the more eyes, different eyes, we can use to observe one thing, the more complete will our “concept” of this thing, our “objectivity,” be.
- A truly great book should be read in youth, again in maturity and once more in old age, as a fine building should be seen by morning light, at noon and by moonlight.
- It is the obvious which is so difficult to see most of the time. People say ‘It’s as plain as the nose on your face.’ But how much of the nose on your face can you see, unless someone holds a mirror up to you?
- Every form of art is another way of seeing the world. Another perspective, another window. And science –that’s the most spectacular window of all. You can see the entire universe from there.
- A portrait is not a likeness. The moment an emotion or fact is transformed into a photograph it is no longer a fact but an opinion. There is no such thing as inaccuracy in a photograph. All photographs are accurate. None of them is the truth.
- While there is perhaps a province in which the photograph can tell us nothing more than what we see with our own eyes, there is another in which it proves to us how little our eyes permit us to see.
- Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin
- The man who sees both sides of a question is a man who sees absolutely nothing.
- Unfortunately in this world of ours, each person views things through a certain medium, which prevents his seeing them in the same light as others…
- Sanity is the one unbelievable bore. One must be mad, slightly twisted – then one sees life from a new and entrancing angle.
- For human nature is such that grief and pain—even simultaneously suffered—do not add up as a whole in our consciousness, but hide, the lesser behind the greater, according to a definite law of perspective.
You May Also Like