Famous and Original Personality Quotes
Our individual differences and uniqueness are what make this world a very interesting place. In light of this, we have prepared a fine list of famous and original personality quotes you can use in appreciating your own uniqueness.
Feel free to comb through the flood of quotes below and pick any that takes your fancy to celebrate what makes you… YOU.
20 Famous Personality Quotes
- I want freedom for the full expression of my personality. Mahatma Gandhi
- I feel too much. That’s what’s going on.’ ‘Do you think one can feel too much? Or just feel in the wrong ways?’ ‘My insides don’t match up with my outsides.’ ‘Do anyone’s insides and outsides match up?’ ‘I don’t know. I’m only me.’ ‘Maybe that’s what a person’s personality is: the difference between the inside and outside.’ ‘But it’s worse for me.’ ‘I wonder if everyone thinks it’s worse for him.’ ‘Probably. But it really is worse for me. Jonathan Safran Foer
- Why am I as I am? To understand that of any person, his whole life, from birth, must be reviewed. All of our experiences fuse into our personality. Everything that ever happened to us is an ingredient. Malcolm X
- There’s a whole category of people who miss out by not allowing themselves to be weird enough.
- If personality is an unbroken series of successful gestures, then there was something gorgeous about him, some heightened sensitivity to the promises of life, as if he were related to one of those intricate machines that registered earthquakes ten thousand miles away. F. Scott Fitzgerald
- It´s a good thing when a man is different from your image of him. Is shows he isn´t a type. If he were, it would be the end of him as a man. But if you can´t place him in a category, it means that at least a part of him is what a human being ought to be. He has risen above himself, he has a grain of immortality.
- She lacks the core of sureness, she craves admiration insatiably. She lives on reflections of herself in others’ eyes. She does not dare to be herself.
- I am a complicated person with a simple life and I am the reason for everything that ever happened to me. Charlotte Eriksson
- In this metallic age of barbarians, only a relentless cultivation of our ability to dream, to analyse and to captivate can prevent our personality from degenerating into nothing or else into a personality like all the rest.
- I’m told I’m very charming when people do what I want. Steven Brust
- If something bad smells in the basement, it will eventually make its way to the attic. Anthony Liccione
- What’s in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet. William Shakespeare
- We prefer to go deformed and distorted all our lives rather than not resemble the portrait of ourselves which we ourselves have first drawn. It’s absurd. We run the risk of warping what’s best in us.
- Tell me what you pay attention to and I will tell you who you are. José Ortega y Gasset
- I was always an unusual girl. My mother told me I had a chameleon soul, no moral compass pointing due north, no fixed personality; just an inner indecisiveness that was as wide and as wavering as the ocean. Lana Del Rey
- The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. You trade in your reality for a role. You trade in your sense for an act. You give up your ability to feel, and in exchange, put on a mask. There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first. Jim Morrison
- Whoever loves becomes humble. Those who love have , so to speak , pawned a part of their narcissism. Sigmund Freud
- One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself. Shannon L. Alder
- Everyone has a sense of humor. If you don’t laugh at jokes, you probably laugh at opinions. Criss Jami
- Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Do not bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself. William Faulkner
Long Famous Personality Quotes
- The fact that a man who goes his own way ends in ruin means nothing … He must obey his own law, as if it were a daemon whispering to him of new and wonderful paths … There are not a few who are called awake by the summons of the voice, whereupon they are at once set apart from the others, feeling themselves confronted with a problem about which the others know nothing. In most cases it is impossible to explain to the others what has happened, for any understanding is walled off by impenetrable prejudices. “You are no different from anybody else,” they will chorus or, “there’s no such thing,” and even if there is such a thing, it is immediately branded as “morbid”…He is at once set apart and isolated, as he has resolved to obey the law that commands him from within. “His own law!” everybody will cry. But he knows better: it is the law…The only meaningful life is a life that strives for the individual realization — absolute and unconditional— of its own particular law … To the extent that a man is untrue to the law of his being … he has failed to realize his own life’s meaning.
- For the future, I shall rely only upon those elements of my character which I have tested. Who would ever have said that I should find pleasure in shedding tears? That I should love the man who proves to me that I am nothing more than a fool?
- Do not do what someone else could do as well as you. Do not say, do not write what someone else could say, could write as well as you. Care for nothing in yourself but what you feel exists nowhere else. And, out of yourself create, impatiently or patiently, the most irreplaceable of beings.
8 Original Quotes about what a Strong Personality is
- Every morning I wake up from sleep, I celebrate what makes me different. Having done that, I go out and express my opinion without fearing whether it is popular or not.
- I don’t know about you, but for me, the last thing I worry about is what people think of me.
- My strong character will either inspire or intimidate you. The choice is yours.
- Just like everyone else in the world, I have fears. The only difference is that I don’t let my fears dictate my life.
- The day I pity myself is the day I breathe my last breath on earth. For this reason, the phrase “why me”? doesn’t exist in my world.
- No matter how hard I try, my strong character prevents me from dwelling on the past.
- You don’t like my personality? It really doesn’t matter to me. I was programmed not to give a tinker’s cuss about what you think of me.
- God created me an original. I will therefore die an original.
8 Personality Status Updates
- Regardless of how beautiful you are, you are ugly if you have a nasty personality. And there currently exists no makeup on the market that can mask an ugly personality.
- I can’t change. I don’t want to change because I was born the way I am.
- Happy is the man who realizes that he can’t make everyone happy and lives the way he was chooses.
- My unique personality is my biggest asset in life. I wouldn’t trade it for silver or gold.
- If you don’t like my personality, there’s the door.
- The day I fully embraced my personality was the day I realized how special and powerful I am.
- You do yourself the biggest disservice of your life when you try silencing your unique personality.
- I’m so sweet, even sugar gets envious of me.