The Secret of All Triumphs | 157 Perseverance Quotes
No achievement is served on a silver platter. There is no success that comes without effort and getting over a numerous obstacles that usually come our way. Setting goals, whether they are short-term or long-term, both have the same ingredients. Focus and not straying in spite the barriers one comes across. This at first always easier to handle, however the real work begins when one starts to feel tired and needs more determination and hard work. Even harder when one must insist with no reward and when all odds are against him. It is then one must be firm and must keep your eye on the goal as it is only persistence and the effort required, that will actually keep you in the right path leading you to accomplish what you set out for.
When we are committed, then the goal has an even more value can even intensify our motivation to persist. The accomplishments that can be achieved are unimaginable if one sticks to that passion and drive. Overcoming our fears, taking action and having the courage to go on can only lead to one’s potential. Even in professional fields, through frustrating times and process of working through difficult issues as well as through studies when personal studying seems impossible to keep up, or in any aspect of life, it is one of the rules of success, to continue the willingness to accomplish and to commit so to enjoy the victorious outcome.
Here you will find a majority of quotes giving someone that exact inspiration needed to continue the struggle to achieve and accomplish what they have started.
Short Perseverance Quotes
- It always seems impossible until it’s done.
- If you are going through hell, keep going.
- I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.
- Brag is a good dog, but Holdfast is a better.
- Few lack talent, but most people lack the vision & perseverance to develop their talents.
- Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force but through persistence.
- Hardships make or break people.
- It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
- Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.
- Never, never, never give in!
- Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.
- Perseverance is the secret of all triumphs. Victor Hugo
- The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.
- Nothing is easier than saying words. Nothing is harder than living them, day after day.
- There are no shortcuts—everything is reps, reps, reps.
- He who has a why to live can bear with almost any how. Friedrich Nietzsche
- Every storm runs out of rain.
- If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.
- Trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit.
- I was taught the way of progress is neither swift nor easy. Marie Curie
- The critics only made me work harder.
- I have climbed my Alpine path with years of toil and endeavor.
- You thought it would break you in two, but it made you twice as strong.
- Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.
- Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.
- Stand firm, and you will win life. The Bible, Luke 21:19
- But the one who endures to the end will be saved. The Bible, Matthew 24:13
- It’s not how we fall. It’s how we get back up again.
- We can do anything we want to do if we stick to it long enough. Helen Keller
- Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
- Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.
- No conqueror believes in chance. Friedrich Nietzsche
- It’s always to soon to quit!
- Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. Mike Tyson
- Nothing great is ever achieved without much enduring.
- Prayer unaccompanied by perseverance leads to no result.
- He who can have patience can have what he will.
- The only guarantee for failure is to stop trying.
- Impatience with actions, patience with results. Naval Ravikant
- I don’t have talent, so I just get up earlier. Henry Rollins
- We will either find a way or make one. Hannibal 247 BC, Carthaginian genera
- A battle is won by him who is firmly resolved to win it. Leo Tolstoy
- The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places. Unknown
- That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
- The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground. Unknown
- Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul. Douglas MacArthur
- If it’s endurable, then endure it. Stop complaining. Marcus Aurelius
- He conquers who endures. Aulus Persius Flaccus
- Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
- Nothing earthly will make me give up my work in despair.
- With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable
- Affliction is a good man’s shining time.
- Energy and persistence conquer all things. Benjamin Franklin
- Excuses are for those who don’t want it bad enough. Unknown
- Thankfully, perseverance is a great substitute for talent.
- All the things that are worth doing, take time.
- There is no armor like perseverance. Sogyal Rinpoche
- Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it. Winston Churchill
- A man is no bigger than the things which he allows to annoy him.
- Good enough isn’t, and you know it.
Inspirational Quotes About Perseverance
- The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it.
- Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.
- The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
- One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful.
- All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
- Even in the mud and scum of things, something always, always sings.
- The offspring of virtue is perseverance. The fruit and offspring of perseverance is habit and child of habit is character.
- If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward. Martin Luther King Jr
- Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
- Success comes from curiosity, concentration, perseverance and self-criticism. Albert Einstein
- The further the reward from the effort, the thinner the competition. Patience is the gatekeeper. Johnny Uzan
- Constant effort and frequent mistakes are the stepping stones to genius. Elbert Hubbard
- Continuous effort – not strength or intelligence – is the key to unlocking our potential.
- Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas Edison
- Should you shield the canyons from the windstorms you would never see the true beauty of their carvings.
- In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins- not through strength but by perseverance. H. Jackson Brown
- Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill, and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.
- A bend in the road is not the end of the road…Unless you fail to make the turn.
- I am not concerned that you have fallen — I am concerned that you arise.
- The world makes way for the man who knows where he is going. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.
- Perhaps happiness is always to be found in the journey uphill, and not in the fleeting sense of satisfaction awaiting at the next peak. Jordan Peterson
- I am sore wounded but not slain
I will lay me down and bleed a while
And then rise up to fight again
- If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again. Flavia Weedn
- Dream after dream comes true—or rather is made true by persevering effort.
- Ask, ‘Why is this so unbearable? Why can’t I endure it?’ You’ll be embarrassed to answer. Marcus Aurelius
- Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers, but to be fearless in facing them. Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it. Rabindranath Tagore
- Student – “It is not that I do not delight in your Way, Master, it is simply that my strength is insufficient.”
Confucius – “Someone whose strength is genuinely insufficient collapses somewhere along the Way. As for you, you deliberately draw the line.”
Motivational Quotes About Perseverance
- In the realm of ideas everything depends on enthusiasm… in the real world all rests on perseverance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Success is a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don’t quit when you’re tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
- Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
- You might well remember that nothing can bring you success but yourself.
- Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.
- The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.
- Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but by perseverance.
- Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.
- Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, and others make it happen. Michael Jordan
- Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.
- The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.
- Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.
- History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats. B.C. Forbes
- Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries.
- I’d rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed. Robert H. Schuller
- It takes tremendous courage, persistence, and perseverance to pursue your ultimate purpose.
- There are few overnight successes and many up-all-night successes.
- Any time you make a commitment to something, it will be tested. If something is worth doing, I will commit myself to carrying it through.
- I was taught to strive not because there were any guarantees of success but because the act of striving is in itself the only way to keep faith with life.
- Don’t be discouraged. It’s often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock. Unknown
Perseverance Quotes For Kids
- Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.
- Be like a postage stamp. Stick to one thing until you get there. Josh Billings
- A large oak tree is just a little nut that refused to give up. David McGee
- So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings.
- Even a snail will eventually reach its destination. Gail Tsukiyama
- Go back?” he thought. “No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!” So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter.
- Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up.
Perseverance Quotes For Students
- It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer. Albert Einstein
- Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. Pele
- Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other. Walter Elliot
- Your most valuable asset can be your willingness to persist longer than anyone else. Brian Tracy
- What is now proved was once only imagined. William Blake
- One day, the people that didn’t believe in you will tell everyone how they met you. Johnny Depp
- The difference between the difficult and the impossible is that the impossible takes a little longer time. Lady Aberdeen
- The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination. Tommy Lasorda
- You don’t need an easier life, but rather an attitude of perseverance. Attitude precedes outcome. James Clear
- Imagination, persistence, perseverance, and trust transform dreams into reality.
Famous Perseverance Quotes
- It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required.
- You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.
- Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
- A man of character finds a special attractiveness in difficulty, since it is only by coming to grips with difficulty that he can realize his potentialities.
- Real courage is when you know you’re licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.
- Let me tell you the secret that has led to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. Louis Pasteur
- Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance, you must keep moving. Albert Einstein
- A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.
- Just because you fail once doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything.
- I tried always to do better: saw always a little further. I tried to stretch myself.
- Ninety-nine percent of all failures come from people who have a habit of making excuses.
- There is most joy in virtue when ’tis hardest won.
- Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak. Thomas Carlyle
- When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
- While there is life, there is hope.
- It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.
- Let us never despair because of our limited success. Even though it is so much less than we would like, our labour is not wasted when today is better than yesterday!
- You never know what’s around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you’ve climbed a mountain.
- If something is important enough, you should try even if the probable outcome is failure.
- You want to give up, throw in the towel but you can’t give up because you’re all you have.
Literary Perseverance Quotes
- It is clear that we must trust what is difficult; everything alive trusts in it, everything in Nature grows and defends itself any way it can and is spontaneously itself, tries to be itself at all costs and against all opposition. We know little, but that we must trust in what is difficult is a certainty that will never abandon us; it is good to be solitary, for solitude is difficult; that something is difficult must be one more reason for us to do it.
- Falling in love was simple; one had only to yield. Digesting another person, however, and sustaining love, was bloody work, and not a soft job.
- … that’s how life should be, when one person loses heart, the other must have heart and courage enough for both.
- First, I thought, almost despairing,
This must crush my spirit now;
Yet I bore it, and am bearing-
Only do not ask me how.
- Thick is the darkness–
Sunward, O, sunward!
Rough is the highway–
Onward, still onward!
Dawn harbors surely
East of the shadows.
Facing us somewhere
Spread the sweet meadows.
Upward and forward!
Time will restore us:
Light is above us,
Rest is before us.
- So instead of giving in to despair I chose active melancholy, in so far as I was capable of activity, in other words I chose the kind of melancholy that hopes, that strives and that seeks, in preference to the melancholy that despairs numbly and in distress.
- I promise I shall never give up, and that I’ll die yelling and laughing, and that until then I’ll rush around this world I insist is holy and pull at everyone’s lapel and make them confess to me and to all.
- It’s only those who are persistent, and willing to study things deeply, who achieve the Master Work.
- If his decision is correct, he will win the battle, even if it lasts longer than expected. If his decision is wrong, he will be defeated and he will have to start all over again- only this time with more wisdom. But once he has started, a warrior of the light perseveres until the end.
- My courage and my resolution is firm; but my hopes fluctuate, and my spirits are often depressed.
You May Also Like:
Click here for our best birthday wishes.