Real-Life Superheroes | 144 Mother’s Day Quotes
If mothers are the real-life superheroes that are responsible for the miracle of birth, it comes as no surprise that so many important people – historical personalities, contemporary artists and celebrities – have talked about people’s relationship with their moms.
This well-curated collection of famous quotes about mothers will come in handy on Mother’s Day, when you feel the need to honor her for the miracle of life.
- 1 Happy Mother’s Day Quotes
- 2 Funny Mother’s Day Quotes
- 3 Mother’s Day Quotes from Daughter
- 4 Mother’s Day Quotes From Son
- 5 Mother’s Day Inspirational Quotes
- 6 Mother’s Day Quotes for Wife
- 7 Mother’s Day Quotes For Friends
- 8 Mother’s Day Quotes For Grandma
- 9 Short Mother’s Day Quotes
- 10 Mother’s Day Quotes for Mother-in-Law
- 11 Bible Verses for Mother’s Day
Happy Mother’s Day Quotes
- Behind every mother hides an angel of love and care.
- Mother: the most beautiful word on the lips of mankind. Kahil Gibran
- I can imagine no heroism greater than motherhood. Lance Conrad
- I realized when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know. Mitch Albom
- There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. Jill Churchill
- The only love that I really believe in is a mother’s love for her children.
- To a child’s ear, ‘mother’ is magic in any language. Arlene Benedict
- Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation.
- A mother’s love is more beautiful than any fresh flower. Debasish Mridha
- The most comfortable place on earth is the arms of a mother.
- Think of your mother and smile for all of the good precious moments.
- Only mothers can think of the future because they give birth to it in their children. Maxim Grosky
- Mother Nature is the mother of all mothers, so let’s congratulate her too on Mother’s Day today!
- She sacrifices her dream to make my dream come true.
- Perhaps it takes courage to raise children.
- A mother’s hug lasts long after she lets go. Unknown
- He didn’t realize that love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark. , Harry Potter
- If I were asked to define Motherhood. I would have defined it as Love in its purest form. Unconditional Love. Revathi Sankaran
- My mother had a slender, small body, but a large heart—a heart so large that everybody’s joys found welcome in it, and hospitable accommodation. Mark Twain
- On this Mother’s Day and every day before and after, I thank you God for the precious gift of my three children. I love them unconditionally.
- Mother’s ways are higher than others, even when everyone rejects, mother accepts with her arms open and wide.
- A mother understands what a child does not say. Jewish proverb
- The mother’s heart is the child’s school-room. Henry Ward Beecher
- Motherhood is the exquisite inconvenience of being another person’s everything. Unknown
- Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face. George Eliot
- A mother’s love is the morning sunshine that always enlightens our way. A mother occupies the most special place in our heart every moment of every day. I wish all mothers a very happy and brightest Mother’s Day.
Funny Mother’s Day Quotes
- A mom forgives us all our faults, not to mention one or two we don’t even have. Robert Brault
- The phrase ‘working mother’ is redundant. Jane Sellman
- May your coffee be stronger than your toddler. Unknown
- It’s not easy being a mother. If it were, fathers would do it. The Golden Girls
- God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers. Rudyard Kipling
- My mother believed in all superstitions, plus she made some up.
- Life doesn’t come with a manual, it comes with a mother. Unknown
- I want my children to have all the things I couldn’t afford. Then, I want to move in with them. Phyllis Diller
- Any mother could perform the jobs of several air-traffic controllers with ease. Lisa Alther
- If at first you don’t succeed, try doing it the way mom told you to in the beginning. Unknown
- Nothing is really lost until your mom can’t find it. Unknown
- If evolution really works, how come mothers have only two hands? Milton Berle
- In the end, mothers are always right. No one else tells the truth. Randy Susan Meyers
- When your mother asks, ‘Do you want a piece of advice?’ it’s a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if you answer yes or no. You’re going to get it anyway. Erma Bombeck
Mother’s Day Quotes from Daughter
- My mom smiled at me. Her smile kind of hugged me.
- Mother is a word we use for an angel with wings of love.
- A mother is your first friend, your best friend, your forever friend. Unknown
- Mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled. Emily Dickinson
- A mother is the one who fills your heart in the first place. Amy Tan
- I like it when my mother smiles. And I especially like it when I make her smile.
- There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it. Chinese Proverb
- My mother was my role model before I even knew what that word was. Lisa Leslie
- I’m blessed and I couldn’t be more grateful. Do you want to know why? Because I’m a mother, but that’s only half of it. I’m blessed because, when I need to, I can still just be a daughter. I get the feeling that there is nothing more precious than to have both of these roles, simultaneously.
Mother’s Day Quotes From Son
- Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love. Stevie Wonder
- My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.
- There is no velvet so soft as a mother’s lap, no rose as lovely as her smile, no path so flowery as that imprinted with her footsteps. Archibald Thompson
- I don’t know what it is about food your mother makes for you, especially when it’s something that anyone can make – pancakes, meat loaf, tuna salad – but it carries a certain taste of memory.
- Behind every great man, there is a MOTHER!
- If I could be half of what my mother was, I’d be twice the man I am now.
- My mother was the greatest philosopher. I am nothing but a reflection of her imagination.
Mother’s Day Inspirational Quotes
- A mother’s love is a shield for her children.
- We are born of love; love is our mother. Rumi
- Behind all your stories is always your mother’s story, because hers is where yours begin.
- Art is the child of nature in whom we trace the features of the mothers face.
- A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take. Gaspard Mermillod
- A mother’s body remembers her babies-the folds of soft flesh, the softly furred scalp against her nose. Each child has it’s own entreaties to body and soul.
- There is no teacher equal to mother and there’s nothing more contagious than the dignity of a father.
- Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary – it’s an act of infinite optimism. Gilda Radner
- To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Maya Angelou
- Being a mother is not a matter of running through a succession of chores.
- I lived with my mother for only a short time. Even though I left, she is always surrounding me with her love.
- A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. Tenneva Jordan
- A mother’s happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories. Honore de Balzac
- It may be possible to gild pure gold, but who can make his mother more beautiful? Mahatma Gandhi
- There is no influence so powerful as that of the mother. Sara Josepha Hale
- My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind. Michael Jordan
- A good mother loves fiercely but ultimately brings up her children to thrive without her. Erin Kelly
- A mother’s hardest to forgive.
Life is the fruit she longs to hand you
Ripe on a plate. And while you live,
Relentlessly she understands you.
- You loved me before seeing me;
You love me in all my mistakes;
You will love me for what I am.
- My mother is the world of my entity;M – Memories of life that, let me feel real love
O – Obstinate to all difficulties for care
T – Teachings that built my present and future
H – Heart touching warmth, devotion, and kisses
E – Energy, spirit, and worldly heaven of my life
R – Refuge, rectitude, and replenish in every wayMy living heaven, after death, heaven,
my mother is my identity.
Mother’s Day Quotes for Wife
- Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever. Unknown
- To the world, you are a mother, but to your family, you are the world. Unknown
- Time passes quickly but one thing always lasts – the love and support found in you. Catherine Pulsifer
- Everyone needs a woman who’ll listen, take your side, tell the truth – or not, as you need it. A woman you can count on, no matter what, and who’ll love you no matter how much you screw up.
- Mother is the heartbeat in the home; and without her, there seems to be no heartthrob. Leroy Brownlow
- In the mother’s eyes, her smile, her stroking touch, the child reads the message: ‘You are there!’. Adrienne Rich
- I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask,
Mother, what was war?
Mother’s Day Quotes For Friends
- A mother is an always-on-call angel for her beloved child.
- Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. Erich Fromm
- Motherhood: All love begins and ends there. Robert Browning
- Children are our future we must take care of them with maximum effort.
- When you are looking at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know. Charley Benetto
- Acceptance, tolerance, bravery, compassion. These are the things my mom taught me. Lady Gaga
- Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. William Makepeace Thackeray
- The art of mothering is to teach the art of living to children. Elaine Heffner
- Mother is a verb. It’s something you do. Not just who you are. Cheryl Lacey Donovan
- There is no greater heaven the heart of a loving mother.
- Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart. Eleanor Roosevelt
- Moms are like buttons — they hold everything together. Unknown
- In a child’s eyes, a mother is a goddess. She can be glorious or terrible, benevolent or filled with wrath, but she commands love either way. I am convinced that this is the greatest power in the universe.
- I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. Abraham Lincoln
- Compassion is like mother giving love to her children. Mother’s ways are higher than others, even when everyone rejects, mother accepts with her arms open and wide.
Mother’s Day Quotes For Grandma
- The loveliest masterpiece of the heart of God is the heart of a mother. St. Therese of Lisieux
- Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together. Susan Gale
- Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while… but our hearts forever. Unknown
- It’s such a grand thing to be a mother of a mother—that’s why the world calls her grandmother. Unknown
- I know what it is like to be brought up with unconditional love. In my life that came from my grandmother. Andre Leon Talley
- The world needs our mothers. Liya Kebede
- A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them. Victor Hugo
- Grandmas are short on criticism and long on love. Unknown
- A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.
- Sooner or later, we all quote our mothers. Unknown
- Grandmothers always have time to talk and make you feel special. Catherine Pulsifer
- My grandmother is my angel on earth. Catherine Pulsifer
Short Mother’s Day Quotes
- There is no role in life that is more essential than that of motherhood. Elder M. Russell Ballard
- All that I am, or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother. Abraham Lincoln
- Mom: a title just above queen. Unknown
- No man is poor who has a Godly mother.
- The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. Jessica Lange
- The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms.
- There is nothing as sincere as a mother’s kiss. Saleem Sharma
- A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s. Princess Diana
- Everything I am, you helped me to be. Unknown
- A mother’s love endures through all. Washington Irving
- Most mothers are instinctive philosophers. Harriet Beecher Stowe
- The school is a mother.
- My mother is my superhero!
- The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation. James E. Faust
- Mom means miracles of a magical life.
- My mother is a walking miracle. Leonardo DiCaprio
- “Mothers can look through a child’s eyes and see tomorrow. Reed Markham
Mother’s Day Quotes for Mother-in-Law
- It’s not what we have in life, but who we have in our life that matters. Unknown
- A mother gives you a life, a mother-in-law gives you her life.
- Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had. Linda Wooten
- You are a gift from God a friend that I can count on and a wonderful model of a mother. Unknown
- She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. Proverbs 31:25
- Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother’s secret hope outlives them all. Oliver Wendell Holmes
Bible Verses for Mother’s Day
- The man called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living. Genesis 3:20
- Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: ‘Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all. Proverbs 31:28–29
- As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you. Isaiah 66:13
- She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. Proverbs 31:26
- A kindhearted woman gains respect. Proverbs 11:16
- May she who gave you birth be happy. Proverbs 23:25
- As is the mother, so is her daughter. Ezekiel 16:4
- Can a mother forget her nursing child? Can she feel no love for the child she has borne? Isaiah 49:15
- Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
You May Also Like
Click here for our best birthday wishes.