A Day Without It Is A Day Wasted | 125 Laughter Quotes
Laughter: the best stress reliever there is. It is said it is the best medicine and yes, it really is. Amazingly it has an enormous effect on the body and every one of them is to our benefit. It has the power to regulate blood pressure and boost the immune system and can actually add about a decade to your life. Incredible!
Life without it surely wouldn’t be the same. It is always fun to share a good laugh, and it can happen with friends or even strangers. It has the power to bring people together and under the best of circumstances. And all this while it triggers healthy physical and emotional changes.
Humor lightens your burdens, and inspires hope, keeps you grounded, especially when we have the ability to laugh with ourselves. To have this ability easily and frequently is a tremendous resource for surmounting problematic issues, enhancing relationships and supporting both body and soul. Best of all though, is that it is free, fun and always there, depending on your outlook. A good hearty one will actually leave your body relaxed for quite some time. As most of our daily schedules can get hectic at times, it is definitely a necessity in our life, since it can lighten even anger and conflict faster. Who wouldn’t want to have that zest and joy in life? It is fact, that it even makes us all quite more attractive and warm to others. It miraculously keeps us optimistic, positive and helps with sadness and pain. It always gives us strength and courage to find new meaning and hopefulness. Even in the most difficult situations a smile can go long way and it is always contagious.
Here you will find a numerous variety of quotes that will inspire and remind all friends and loved ones how much we need laughter in our lives. You will find words the will cheer up and bring joy to all.
Short Laughter Quotes
- From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere. Dr. Seuss
- Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
- A day without laughter is a day wasted.
- I know not all that may be coming, but be it what it will, I’ll go to it laughing.
- A good laugh is a mighty good thing, a rather too scarce a good thing. Herman Melville
- With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.
- Laughter is poison to fear.
- It’s better to die laughing than to live each moment in fear.
- Laughter is a sunbeam of the soul. Thomas Mann
- Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine. Lord Byron
- A good laugh is sunshine in the house. William Thackeray
- Against the assault of laughter, nothing can stand. Mark Twain
- Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.
- There is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humor.
- Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
- I’d rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.
- Laughter is eternity if joy is real.
- Frame your mind to mirth and merriment
which bars a thousand harms
and lengthens life.
- Live, Love, Laugh. Unknown
- Laughter is carbonated holiness.
- He deserves paradise who makes his companions laugh.
- I quickly laugh at everything for fear of having to cry. Pierre-Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais
- Laughter is serious. More complicated, more serious than tears.
- I laugh because I must not cry, that is all, that is all. Abraham Lincoln
- To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain and play with it. Charlie Chaplin
- A good laugh heals a lot of hurts. Madeleine L’Engle
- The earth laughs in flowers.
- If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.
- Laughter is wine for the soul – laughter soft, or loud and deep, tinged through with seriousness – the hilarious declaration made by man that life is worth living.
- A smile is a curve that sets everything straight. Phyllis Diller
- Happiness is laughing together.
- We need more kindness, more compassion, more joy, more laughter.
- There is little success where there is little laughter.
- The joke loses everything when the joker laughs himself.
- As soap is to the body, so laughter is to the soul. Jewish Proverb
- As soon as you have made a thought, laugh at it. Lao Tsu
- Even the gods love jokes. Plato
- Laughter has no foreign accent. Paul Lowney
- Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh.
- You don’t stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing. Michael Pritchard
- There are few things so disarming as one who laughs well at her own expense.
- Laughter sets your entire soul ablaze with happy endorphins and shifts your vibrations.
- I dearly love a laugh.
- Laughter is a threat to aging.
- Life is difficult and those who make us laugh are angels.
- for the happy heart, life is a continual feast. Proverbs 15:15
- If you’ll laugh about something one day, you may as well start now.
- He who laughs, lasts! Mary Pettibone Poole
- Laughter is an anarchic blasphemy. Tyrants are wise to fear it.
- And what is laughter anyway? Changing the angle of vision.
- It is the heart that is unsure of its God that is afraid to laugh.
- Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. Elsa Maxwell
- Laughter is the hand of God on the shoulder of a troubled world. Grady Nutt
- With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.
- Mirth is like a flash of lightning that breaks through a gloom of clouds and glitters for a moment.
- You grow up the day you have your first real laugh — at yourself. Ethel Barrymore
- We are all here for a spell. Get all the good laughs you can. Will Rogers
- Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy. Anne Frank
- The size of a man’s understanding can be justly measured by his mirth. Samuel Johnson
- If you would not be laughed at, be the first to laugh at yourself. Benjamin Franklin
- Smiles are the soul’s kisses. Minna Thomas Antrim
- Laughter is the foundation of reconciliation. St. Francis de Sales
- You make me laugh even when I don’t want to smile. Unknown
Inspirational Quotes About Laughter
- A man who can laugh at himself is truly blessed, for he will never lack for amusement.
- The peculiarity of sunrise is to make us laugh at all our terrors of the night, and our laugh is always proportioned to the fear we have had.
- If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they’ll kill you.
- It is cheerful to God when you rejoice or laugh from the bottom of your heart. M
- We dance for laughter, we dance for tears, we dance for madness, we dance for fears, we dance for hopes, we dance for screams, we are the dancers, we create the dreams.
- A smile starts on the lips, a grin spreads to the eyes, a chuckle comes from the belly; but a good laugh bursts forth from the soul, overflows, and bubbles all around. Carolyn Birmingham
- Man created languages, but God created laughter. Humanity can always laugh together even if it can’t always speak together.
- The best way to cheer yourself is to try to cheer someone else up. Mark Twain
- Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind.
- Laughter is the corrective force which prevents us from becoming cranks. Henri Bergson
- Maybe he couldn’t understand why we weren’t able to laugh yet, but he knew you can’t really be strong until you can see a funny side to things.
- It had been the longest time since she had had a rib-scraping laugh. She had forgotten how deep and down it could be. So different from the miscellaneous giggles and smiles she had learned to be content with these past few years.
- The only honest art form is laughter, comedy. You can’t fake it…try to fake three laughs in an hour — ha ha ha ha ha — they’ll take you away, man. You can’t.
- And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh. Friedrich Nietzsche
- At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities. Jean Houston
- God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. Voltaire
- Laughter is the music of the deep cosmos connecting all human beings that says all the things mere words cannot.
- We have to laugh. Because laughter, we already know, is the first evidence of freedom.
- Laughter is a sense of proportion and a power of seeing yourself from the outside. Zero Mostel
- Within tears, find hidden laughter. Seek treasures amid ruins.
- When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky. Buddha
- There is also laughter in life. Laughter is a lovely thing—to laugh without reason, to have joy in one’s heart without cause, to love without seeking anything in return.
- When God laughs at the soul and the soul laughs back at God, the persons of the Trinity are begotten. When the Father laughs at the Son and the Son laughs back at the Father, that laughter gives pleasure, that pleasure gives joy, that joy gives love, and that love is the Holy Spirit.
Love And Laughter Quotes
- Take bread away from me, if you wish,
take air away, but
do not take from me your laughter.”
- Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.
- Wit is the key, I think, to anybody’s heart, because who doesn’t like to laugh? Julia Roberts
- I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it’s the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It’s probably the most important thing in a person.
- The music in his laughter had a way of rounding off the missing notes in her soul.
- Kiss the mouth which tells you, here, here is the world. This mouth. This laughter. These temple bones.
- Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh. W. H. Auden
- I guess it can’t be too often that two people can laugh and make love, too, make love because they are laughing, laugh because they’re making love. The love and the laughter come from the same place: but not many people go there.
- A beautiful life is a life that is content and satisfied with material possessions, and has an abundance of hope, love, laughter, kindness, and compassion.
- We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh. Agnes Repplier
- Laughter separates us from despair, and gives us a chance at love.
- To move wild laughter in the throat of death?
It cannot be, it is impossible:
Mirth cannot move a soul in agony.
- He who binds to himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy;
But he who kisses the joy as it flies
Lives in eternity’s sun rise.
Famous Laughter Quotes
- If I have caused just one person to wipe away a tear of laughter, that’s my reward.
- I think the only way to get through this life is laughing hard and constantly, mostly at myself.
- Grim care, moroseness, and anxiety—all this rust of life ought to be scoured off by the oil of mirth. Mirth is God’s medicine. Henry Ward Beecher
- There never was a throne yet built so high that it could not be rocked by laughter from below.
- The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
- I was irrevocably betrothed to laughter, the sound of which has always seemed to me to be the most civilized music in the world. Peter Ustinov
- Laughter comes later, like wisdom teeth. And laughter at yourself comes last of all in a mad race with death. And sometimes, it isn’t in time.
- You may forget the one with whom you have laughed, but never the one with whom you have wept.
- Your joy is your sorrow unmasked. And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
- Let us have wine and women, mirth and laughter, sermons and soda water the day after.
- He laughed to free his mind from his mind’s bondage.
- Remember this: very little is needed to make a happy life. Marcus Aurelius
- Spring unlocks the flowers to paint the laughing soil. Reginald Heber
- Gentlemen, why do you not laugh? With the fearful strain that is upon me day and night, if I did not laugh, I should die. Abraham Lincoln
- Miss Fairlie laughed with a ready good-humour, which broke out as brightly as if it had been part of the sunshine above us…
- As everyone knows, there is often a rather fine line between laughing and crying.
- The young man who has not wept is a savage, and the old man who will not laugh is a fool. George Santayana
- The beauty of the world…has two edges, one of laughter, one of anguish, cutting the heart asunder. Virginia Woolf
- And I learned from my own experience that laughter was the most potent weapon: laughter can kill everything.
- Laughter is an affect resulting from the sudden transformation of a heightened expectation into nothing.
- Keep it always with you that laughter who knock at your door and say, ‘May I come in?’ is not true laughter. No! He is a king, and he come when and how he like. He ask no person, he choose no time of suitability. He say, ‘I am here.
- And the little prince broke into a lovely peal of laughter, which irritated me very much. I like my misfortunes to be taken seriously.
- We are so blind that we know neither when to mourn, nor when to rejoice; our mirth and our sadness are nearly always false.
- No peace is possible between the novelist and the agélaste [those who do not laugh]. Never having heard God’s laughter, the agélastes are convinced that the truth is obvious, that all men necessarily think the same thing, and that they themselves are exactly what they think they are. But it is precisely in losing the certainty of truth and the unanimous agreement of others that man becomes an individual. The novel is the imaginary paradise of individuals. It is the territory where no one possesses the truth, neither Anna nor Karenin, but where everyone has the right to be understood, both Anna and Karenin.
- Externally, the jollity of aged men has much in common with the mirth of children; the intellect, any more than a deep sense of humor, has little to do with the matter; it is, with both, a gleam that plays upon the surface, and imparts a sunny and cheery aspect alike to the green branch, and gray, mouldering trunk.
- Laugh, and the world laughs with you;
Weep, and you weep alone;
For the sad old earth must borrow its mirth,
But has trouble enough of its own.
You May Also Like
Click here for our best birthday wishes.