Bonds That Never Fade | 67 Family Quotes
By keeping us company in the journey of life and providing a listening ear and a crying shoulder, our family members play a critical role in our lives.
In honor of the importance and incredible beauty of the social institution of family, we have compiled a bunch of memorable family quotes from a number of famous figures in the world along with some original short ones. Enjoy!
Inspirational Family Quotes
- A happy family is but an earlier heaven. John Bowring
- What is home? My favorite definition is “a safe place,” a place where one is free from attack, a place where one experiences secure relationships and affirmation. It’s a place where people share and understand each other. Its relationships are nurturing. The people in it do not need to be perfect; instead, they need to be honest, loving, supportive, recognizing a common humanity that makes all of us vulnerable. Gladys M. Hunt
- The most important thing in the world is family and love. John Wooden
- A family is a risky venture, because the greater the love, the greater the loss… That’s the trade-off. But I’ll take it all. Brad Pitt
- There is no doubt that it is around the family and the home that all the greatest virtues, the most dominating virtues of human, are created, strengthened and maintained. Winston S. Churchill
- Happiness is only real when shared. Jon Krakauer
- In time of test, family is best. Burmese Proverb
- I sustain myself with the love of family. Maya Angelou
- While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about. Angela Schwindt
- A family is a place where minds come in contact with one another. Buddha
- Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one. Jane Howard
- When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching — they are your family. Jim Butcher
- Small Acts of Kindness are Priceless. M.G. Wells
- Cherish your human connections – your relationships with friends and family. Barbara Bush
- Everyone needs a house to live in, but a supportive family is what builds a home. Anthony Liccione
- My family comes first. Maybe that’s what makes me different from other guys. Bobby Darin
- Family is the most important thing in the world. Princess Diana
- All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother. Abraham Lincoln
- I’m a strong person, I’m a strong family man, I’m a strong husband and a strong father. David Beckham
- We must take care of our families wherever we find them. Elizabeth Gilbert
- Peace is the beauty of life. It is sunshine. It is the smile of a child, the love of a mother, the joy of a father, the togetherness of a family. It is the advancement of man, the victory of a just cause, the triumph of truth. Menachem Begin
- Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. Lisa Weedn
- A brother is like gold and a friend is like diamond. If gold cracks you can melt it and make it just like it was before. If a diamond cracks, it can never be like it was before. Hazrat Ali Ibn Abu-Talib A.S
- You have to defend your honor. And your family. Suzanne Vega
- I’m a lucky person because I’ve been loved a lot. I have a great family. Monica Bellucci
- There’s nothing that makes you more insane than family. Or more happy. Or more exasperated. Or more… secure. Jim Butcher
- Tennis is just a game, family is forever. Serena Williams
- This is part of what a family is about, not just love. It’s knowing that your family will be there watching out for you. Nothing else will give you that. Not money. Not fame. Not work. Mitch Albom
- Let us make one point, that we meet each other with a smile, when it is difficult to smile. Smile at each other, make time for each other in your family. Mother Teresa
- You must remember, family is often born of blood, but it doesn’t depend on blood. Nor is it exclusive of friendship. Family members can be your best friends, you know. And best friends, whether or not they are related to you, can be your family. Trenton Lee Stewart
- Mother is a verb. It’s something you do. Not just who you are. Cheryl Lacey Donovan
- You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but a the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind your stomach, because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you. William Paul Young
- One reason we have children I think is to learn that parts of ourselves we had given up for dead are merely dormant and that the old joys can re emerge fresh and new and in a completely different form. Anne Fadiman
- Family always gonna be there. The material things, they come and go. Romeo Miller
- I would rather start a family than finish one. Don Marquis
- I believe family first. Blood is thicker than water. I grew up like that, and I want to continue to keep that goal in my heart. Just family first! Just honesty, integrity, and respect. All of that. I live by the code of those things. If you do that you’ll be fine. Cory Hardrict
- It’s very important to prioritize. I know, for me, my family comes first. That makes every decision very easy. Jada Pinkett Smith
- For me, family always comes first; I would do anything to protect them. Mark Wahlberg
- To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there. Barbara Bush
- Μy family is everything. I am what I am thanks to my mother, my father, my brother, my sister… because they have given me everything. The education I have is thanks to them. Ronaldinho
- The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works is the family. Lee Iacocca
- Work is work, but family is for life. That’s what really matters to me. Akshay Kumar
- Since I’m always working, my best holiday memories are definitely when I can just go home and spend time with my family. Chris Brown
- Life is precious and relationships are precious. I’m a great believer in family. Len Goodman
- When trouble comes, it’s your family that supports you. Guy Lafleur
- Talking with my friends and family every day helps keep me grounded and connected to home. They are the most important things to me. Colbie Caillat
- Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter. Brad Henry
- I was angry and frustrated until I started my own family and my first child was born. Until then I didn’t really appreciate life the way I should have, but fortunately I woke up. Johnny Depp
- Think of your family today and every day thereafter, don’t let the busy world of today keep you from showing how much you love and appreciate your family. Josiah
- Without a family, man, alone in the world, trembles with the cold. Andre Maurois
Funny Family Quotes
- If someone were to harm my family or a friend or somebody I love, I would eat them. I might end up in jail for 500 years, but I would eat them. Johnny Depp
- The family – that dear octopus from whose tentacles we never quite escape, nor, in our inmost hearts, ever quite wish to. Dodie Smith
- As a child my family’s menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it. Buddy Hackett
- A family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women, an occasional animal, and the common cold. Ogden Nash
- Sticking with your family is what makes it a family. Mitch Albom
- I grew up with six brothers. That’s how I learned to dance -waiting for the bathroom. Bob Hope
- The other night I ate at a real nice family restaurant. Every table had an argument going. George Carlin
Short Family Quotes
- I wouldn’t have done it without my family. (thank you)
- My family is my rock.
- My family, my inspiration.
- How can you go wrong when family support is all around you.
- Once a upon a time, there was my loving family…
- Proud to be a member of this family.
- Family bonds never fade.
- My principles, my values, my family.
- The sweetest sound of family laughter.
- Nostalgic family cuddles, I miss you.
- When all comes crumbling down, family stands right up.
- Family’s love is eternal.
- Loving moments, family fun.
- Never forget, family is only a phone call away.
You May Also Like:
Click here for our best birthday wishes.