Tales of Inner Power | 160 Confidence Quotes
Believing in people can sometimes seem hard. However, if we look at mankind as a species, there might be no other choice. Believing in others can release the collective power and reveal the genius of a group of people, no matter how small or big it might be. The obvious analogy is that to believe in ourselves is an ingredient for miracles.
These famous confidence quotes make reference to that power and remind us that even when we feel scared, small or insecure, confidence can lead us to action and help bring the results we aim at.
What prominent figures have said about confidence can really make you think – and then turn your thoughts into action.
- Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.
- Believe you can and you’re halfway there.
- With confidence, you have won before you have started. Marcus Garvey
- Doubt can motivate you, so don’t be afraid of it. Confidence and doubt are at two ends of the scale, and you need both. They balance each other out. Barbra Streisand
- Confidence is silent and insecurity is loud. Unknown
- When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things. Joe Namath
- We are constantly invited to be what we are. Henry David Thoreau
- Inhale confidence, exhale doubt. Unknown
- To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Never bend your head. Hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye. Helen Keller
- Confidence is not ‘they will like me’. Confidence instead is ‘I’ll be fine if they don’t’. Christina Grimmie
- Look well into thyself; there is a source of strength which will always spring up if thou wilt always look.
- If I am not for myself who is for me?
- Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing. Theodore Roosevelt
- Confidence is a lot of this game or any game. If you don’t think you can, you won’t. Jerry West
- Your energy introduces you before you even speak. Unknown
- Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you are right. Henry Ford
- Courage is the birthplace of confidence. Debbie Millman
- Every time I became too confident, life reminded me I should not. Maxime Lagacé
- Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will. Suzy Kassem
- No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt
- Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they’re yours. Richard Bach
- Coffee in one hand. Confidence in the other. Unknown
- I think confidence does come with time, and I’ve been really surprised by that, actually. Kate Winslet
People cannot really respect themselves if they don’t feel self-confident. This is what these famous personalities had to say about that.
- Self-command is the main elegance. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.
- I have great faith in fools – self-confidence my friends will call it.
- Action is a high road to self-confidence and self-esteem. Bruce Lee
- Always be yourself and have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and try to duplicate it. Bruce Lee
- Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string.
- The more you believe in yourself, the more the world believes in you!
- Where I make an impression it must be by being most myself.
- I’ve studied the lives of the 20th century’s great businessmen and concluded self-confidence was instrumental in all their success. Alex Spanos
- Show up in every single moment like you’re meant to be there. Unknown
- I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence but it comes from within. It is there all the time. Anna Freud
- To me, faith means not worrying.
- Self-respect is nothing but self-confidence.
- With the realization of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world. Dalai Lama
- Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that’s very important for good health. Dalai Lama
- Self-confidence is the memory of success. David Storey
- Have confidence that if you have done a little thing well, you can do a bigger thing well too. David Storey
- Confidence comes with maturity, being more accepting of yourself. Nicole Scherzinger
Confident Woman Quotes
In the post-MeToo era, women’s fight for equality has given hope, but has also caused a reaction by some of the representatives of the status-quo, the male population. These quotes voice the demand of beautiful confident women for equal rights and get the message across to each and every one of us – male or female – that a strong confident woman is beneficial for the society and should never be seen as any kind of threat.
- Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained. Marie Curie
- Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.
- Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions … Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.
- Once you start believing in yourself, anything is possible. Once you start believing in yourself, your dreams take shape. The more you believe, the more you achieve. Martina Navratilova
- A diamond doesn’t start out polished and shining. It once was nothing special, but with enough pressure and time, becomes spectacular. I’m that diamond.
- I never loved another person the way I loved myself. Mae West
- She remembered who she was and the game changed.
- Noble and great. Courageous and determined. Faithful and fearless. That is who you are and who you have always been. And understanding it can change your life, because this knowledge carries a confidence that cannot be duplicated any other way.
- You are magnificent beyond measure, perfect in your imperfections, and wonderfully made.
- I don’t entirely approve of some of the things I have done, or am, or have been. But I’m me. God knows, I’m me. Elizabeth Taylor
- She caught herself thinking: She’s functioning well in an emergency, I’ll be all right with her—and realized that she was thinking of herself.
- Think like a queen. A queen if not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness. Oprah
- I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art. Madonna
- If you’re presenting yourself with confidence, you can pull off pretty much anything. Katy Perry
- I have a confidence about my life that comes from standing tall on my own two feet. Jane Fonda
Body Confidence Quotes
Being satisfied with how you look is often a synonym of being proud of who you are.
- Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself. Coco Chanel
- At every given moment we are absolutely perfect for what is required for our journey.
- Confidence is everything. Confidence is what makes that simple white tee and jeans look good. Ciara
- No matter what a woman looks like, if she’s confident, she’s sexy. P
- We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies. Roderick Thorp
- Confidence comes from hours and days and weeks and years of constant work and dedication. Roger Staubach
- Tis in ourselves that we are thus or thus. Our bodies are our gardens to the which our wills are gardeners.
- To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now. Alan Cohen
- The most beautiful thing you can wear is confidence. Blake Lively
- The sight of me is good for sore eyes.
- You will never know how best you are if you focus on how bad you are.
- It’s all about confidence and how you feel about yourself. There’s no such thing as a perfect woman, I like imperfections – that’s what makes you unique. Hayley Hasselhoff
When it’s time to be bold, these words will help you stand on your feet and do your very best.
- I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was. Muhammad Ali
- Put all excuses aside and remember this – you are capable. Zig Ziglar
- You are the only person on earth who can use your ability. Zig Ziglar
- I am confident because I can admit who I am, what I’ve done, and love myself for who I’ve become. Unknown
- Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.
- The world steps aside for the man who knows where he is going. James Allen
- I do not believe in taking the right decision, I take a decision and make it right.
- For if you train hard and responsibly your confidence surges to a maximum. Floyd Patterson
- Inhale confidence. Exhale doubt. Unknown
- Action is a great restorer and builder of confidence. Inaction is not only the result, but the cause, of fear. Norman Vincent Peale
- Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it. Stan Smith
- Don’t live down to expectations. Go out there and do something remarkable. Wendy Wasserstein
- In the darkest hours we must believe in ourselves.
- If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t you will see obstacles. Wayne Dyer
- You are blessed and highly favored. Les Brown
- Believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your heart. Steve Jobs
- You just have to be yourself and go full with confidence and be courageous. Gabby Douglas
- I’ve always had confidence. It came because I have lots of initiative. I wanted to make something of myself. Eddie Murphy
- Art fuels the fire inside me.
- Successful people have fear, successful people have doubts, and successful people have worries. They just don’t let these feelings stop them. T. Harv Eker
Inspirational Confidence Quotes
Important personalities have spoken about confidence as if they walked on the same path. That alone can be truly inspiring when we are in doubt.
- Confidence is that feeling by which the mind embarks in great and honorable courses with a sure hope and trust in itself. Marcus Tullius Cicero
- One learns to ignore criticism by first learning to ignore applause. Robert Brault
- Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.
- Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love. Lao Tzu
- Fear? What has a man to do with fear? Chance rules our lives, and the future is all unknown. Best live as we may, from day to day.
- What could we accomplish if we knew we could not fail? Eleanor Roosevelt
- Public opinion is a weak tyrant compared with our own private opinion.
- Envy comes from people’s ignorance of, or lack of belief, in their own gifts.
- Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow. Mary Anne Radmacher
- You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. Buddha
- Health is the greatest possession. Contentment is the greatest treasure. Confidence is the greatest friend. Non-being is the greatest joy. Lao Tzu
- You musn’t mind people so much. They’re not being disagreeable to you — it’s their way. You always think people are meaning things for you. But they don’t.
- I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship. Louisa May Alcott
- The sun himself is weak when he first rises, and gathers strength and courage as the day gets on. Charles Dickens
- The deep roots never doubt spring will come. Marty Rubin
- I wish I could show you, when you are lonely or in darkness, the astonishing light of your own being. Hafiz
- Confidence is when you believe in yourself and your abilities, arrogance is when you think you are better than others and act accordingly. Stewart Stafford
- You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can’t have it. Dr. Robert Anthony
- It’s not what you are that holds you back, it’s what you think you are not. Denis Waitley
- You can have anything you want, if you want it badly enough. Abraham Lincoln
- Confidence cannot find a place wherein to rest in safety. Virgil
Confidence and Hard Work Quotes
Believing in yourself may be the first step; then, working on what you need to achieve must surely follow.
- Preparation for tomorrow is hard work today. Bruce Lee
- Control your own destiny or someone else will.
- Skill and confidence are an unconquered army. George Herbert
- Life is ten percent what you experience and ninety percent how you respond to it.
- Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.
- The secret is contained in a three-part formula I learned in the gym: self-confidence, a positive mental attitude, and honest hard work. Arnold Schwarzenegger
- The key to life is accepting challenges. Once someone stops doing this, he’s dead.
- Confidence comes from knowing what you’re doing. If you are prepared for something, you usually do it. If not, you usually fall flat on your face. Tom Landry
- Start small and keep going.
- One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation. Arthur Ashe
- My confidence comes from the daily grind – training my butt off day in and day out. Hope Solo
- Confidence… thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them it cannot live. Franklin D. Roosevelt
- You’ve got to put in the work. And you’ve got to play with confidence. You’ve got to believe in yourself. Paul Pierce
- Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy. Dale Carnegie
Can words actually motivate us? Sometimes all we need in order to decide to act is to hear a quote by someone who actually made it.
- People who repeatedly attack your confidence and self-esteem are quite aware of your potential, even if you are not.
- Confidence is preparation. Everything else is beyond your control. Richard Kline
- The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.
- I had the chance to make every possible mistake and figure out a way to recover from it. Once you realize there is life after mistakes, you gain a self-confidence that never goes away.
- Nothing builds self-esteem and self-confidence like accomplishment. Thomas Carlyle
- I think the best way to have confidence is not to allow everyone else’s insecurities to be your own. Jessie J
- Walk free from the long shadows cast by small people.
- All improvement is self-improvement.
- Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world. Lucille Ball
- I taught myself confidence. When I’d walk into a room and feel scared to death, I’d tell myself, ‘I’m not afraid of anybody.’ And people believed me. You’ve got to teach yourself to take over the world. Priyanka Chopra
- Don’t say, “If I could, I would”. Say, “If I can, I will”. Jim Rohn
- Be a lifelong student. The more you learn, the more you earn and the more self-confidence you will have.
- It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures. Oprah Winfrey
- There are so many more important things to worry about than how you’re perceived by strangers. Dennis Lehane
- Get more confidence by doing things that excite and frighten you. Jessica Williams
- Success gave me confidence as an artist. And now I’m able to do what I want without anybody thinking it’s dumb. Amy Lee
Famous Confidence Quotes
- As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.
- The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself. Michel de Montaigne
- The world belongs to those who set out to conquer it armed with self confidence and good humour. Charles Dickens
- To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance. Oscar Wilde
- If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced. Vincent Van Gogh
- A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval. Mark Twain
- All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain
- The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt. Bertrand Russell
- Be faithful to that which exists within yourself. Andre Gide
- When you win, you don’t get carried away. But if you go step by step, with confidence, you can go far. Diego Maradona
- Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.
- It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves. Sir Edmund Hillary
- Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence. Vince Lombardi
- Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. Helen Keller
- A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing. Albert Einstein
- No one is you and that is your biggest power. Dave Grohl
- As is our confidence, so is our capacity. William Hazlitt
- Be a lamp for yourselves. Be your own refuge. Seek for no other. All things must pass. Strive on diligently. Don’t give up. Buddha
- You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. Dr. Seuss
You May Also Like: