Thanksgiving Day is an American holiday dedicated to spending time with loved ones and giving thanks for a table full of food. Today’s version of Thanksgiving is based on an occurrence in Plymouth in 1621.
While food and fun are two things that come to mind during this holiday, it is important to remember what it is really about; giving thanks. Thanksgiving is a time to be near those that you love and to give thanks for all of the things in your life that you appreciate the most. A great way to demonstrate this gratefulness is to write it down and put it in a card. Whether your are sending it in a greeting card, a text message or an email, these are some great ideas of Thanksgiving wishes.
- May this Thanksgiving Day serve as a reminder that you are loved.
- May your life be filled with blessings, not only today, but every day.
- Blessings of warm hearts and stuffed bellies, from our family to yours.
- Wishing you a Thanksgiving overflowing with love, laughter and wine.
- May your Thanksgiving be filled with love, laughter and pumpkin pie.
- Our thoughts and appreciations are with you and yours on this Thanksgiving Day.
- On this day, give thanks for your fortunes while thinking of the misfortunes of others.
- May we use Thanksgiving as a reminder to examine all of the great people and things in our lives.
- On this Thanksgiving day may we all be appreciative of all that we have while being mindful of the needs of other.
- Thanksgiving is a day to appreciate all of the blessings that God has placed in my life. And, that means being thankful for you.
- We wish you a Thanksgiving Day filled with turkey, wine and pumpkin pie while reminding you to give thanks for all that you have.
- May you have a joyous Thanksgiving day spent with the friends and family you care for most and the dishes and desserts that you love best.
Thanksgiving is a holiday that is dedicated to remembering everything in our lives that we are most thankful for. It is easy to get caught up in the parades, the cooking and the eating and forget what the day is really about. Take the time to send one of these Thanksgiving wishes to a family member or loved one. Spreading the real meaning of the holiday and expressing love and gratitude is the way that the Thanksgiving holiday is intended to be spent.
More about Thanksgiving Day:
The original Thanksgiving Day was in response to the bountiful harvest that the crops had produced. Becoming a tradition, the day was celebrated each consecutive year until eventually being named a national holiday by President Abraham Lincoln.
Thanksgiving is celebrated the last Thursday of November, each year. The day is filled with festive activities such as parades, football games, turkey trots and, most importantly, time spent with family and friends.
The major focus of this holiday is the Thanksgiving meal. The Thanksgiving meal is traditionally composed of potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce and, the main dish, turkey. This extravagant meal is typically followed up with a slice of pecan or pumpkin pie.