Missing someone can be the loneliest feeling in the world. This feeling can be caused by a breakup, a move, a death, or a number of situations. In many cases, we want to share our feelings with those that are no longer with us. Whether it is to let them know how much they hurt us or how strong we are now because they left, words can truly help us process our feelings.
Take a look below at the varied sentiments to be used in these situations.
- When you are away, I feel as if I am locked in a room with the shades pulled on the windows. When you return, the shades are opened and the sun shines in once again. Thank you for being the sun in my life.
- Right about now, I don’t want to let you go. I want to hold on forever, yet you continue to pull away. I miss you and you haven’t even gone.
- Tell me honestly, do you miss me as I miss you? Does your heart ache with each passing minute and tears fall with each new day?
- As dawn arrives with the start of a fresh day, it simply reminds me that I once again have a day without you. The knowledge that you will soon return is what keeps me strong.
- As the saying goes, “to one person you may be the world.” You have been my world for so many years that now I am having to learn how to stand on my own two feet. Knowing that you are looking down from heaven is the push I need to keep walking strong.
- I might always be missing you, but I will soon enough be ok.
- You taught me many great lessons, showed immense love, and warmed my heart each day. Now, without you, this world seems a little dimmer. I continue to hold on to memories of you and look longingly to the day I can see you again.
- Missing you is the most difficult part of my life. Please come and ease the pain.
- Will tears bring you back? Will wailing and pounding on the floor cause you to return? I will do whatever it takes to win your heart. I love you.
- Trust me, I can take all of the arguing and subsequent silence. I am not strong enough to live without you, though. Please come back. The pain of missing you is too much.
- I miss you like crazy, but stay out of my life. You and I are like water and oil, a beautiful image from above, but struggling to stay in the same space together. We are much better apart.
- Don’t break my heart like this. If you are going to leave, just leave. My heart can’t handle the indecision on your part.
- What’s going on in that mind of yours? You are here, yet it feels you are somewhere else. The anticipation of losing you is already breaking my heart. I am falling to my knees. Missing you may be the worst feeling of my life.
- My body is still alive, but it feels as if I am barely able to take a breath. The air seems heavier and my fight not as strong without you here.
- From the moment you turned away, I knew you had already moved on. Now it is my turn to move on and take on the world, alone yet powerful.
- I fall to pieces without you here. You are the glue I need to survive.
- Saying, “I miss you” feels desperate and sad. Instead, I am saying, “I wish you the best” and for our friendship, I am glad.
- Although it’s been years, it seems we lost you just yesterday. You are forever in our hearts and always on our minds.
- Ask me if I love you. Yes, I do. Ask me if I miss you. No doubt. You are in my life forever.
- When you walked away, I became like a hand without a thumb. Not as complete and not nearly as functional, but beautiful in my own way. Thank you for teaching me to be beautiful without you.
- Even though I was caught in a bad romance with you, I still miss the rare tender moments we shared. You may be gone but you are not forgotten.
- You know that I want you and need you, but I am better off without you. Peace to you always.
- You no longer knock on my door. Your scent is no longer here. I miss you every day and will hope for your return until hope runs out.
- Roses are red. Violets are blue. No matter what, I will always miss you.
- Roses are red. Violets are blue. Without you, the sun cannot shine through.
- We could have had everything we dreamed of, but you up and left. My future no longer includes you and all I can do is hide under my covers.
- Years after you left, I still love you.
- I am sorry for leaving you. My head wasn’t in the right place at the time. Now, with more of my life in order, I want you back. Do you have it in your heart to give me a second chance?
- Leaving was cruel, but you are still a beauty in my eyes. I miss you more than you know and will be awaiting your return until the day I die.
- Our breakup was difficult, but I refuse to be a victim. I love you, I miss you, but I will survive. If you taught me one thing, it is that I am stronger than most people think.
- Missing you may be sad, but it feels so right.
- The hardest part of this long distance relationship is missing you every moment of the day. I wish I was there or you were here. Together is always better with you.
You may use these sentences as a guide or verbatim. Feel free to use them in a letter, email, or text. However you use them will be right for you. May you be comforted in this difficult time of yours.